Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Duet/Group Songs

IMPORTANT

A lot of people who turned down the offer of joining might be regretting it, so i thought that i will host this one as well if there is enough interest.

Duets/groups are harder to record nicely, BUT i think they will sound really good once they're done. Also, for people like me that don't sound good, putting two voices in will sound better if they're in sync.

However, i will only host this if there is enough interest in this type of collaboration. I personally think that it will be more enjoyable to record (possibly frustrating too), but the end products will be more fun.

Those that are interested in recording one should post here or pm me, and I will try and work out arrangements. I think you may sing any number of songs, but they must be with different people.

I will update this in the first post as well as songs that groups will sing so that we don't double up. As much as i like Lao Shu Ai Da Mi, i think 10 entries of the song will be a little too much... (yearning and i grabbed it first!)
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 04-17-07 at 11:24 PM.

I really want to duet with someone..

please.. anyone... please *puppy eyes*
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

yes me too! i really regret not joining the other one lol.
    anyone from NY? or wanna be my partner? =D

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa
    yes me too! i really regret not joining the other one lol.
    anyone from NY? or wanna be my partner? =D
    geographical distance is not important. Preferably a few people will be able to mix the tracks after the voice recording.

annaa,
    Nice sure, I will be your partner I am from NY. Since, we give it our all then there is a will to accomplish anything. The song, I plan to sing is "Mei Hua" sung by Teresa Teng. It is an easy song, so anyone wants to join either post it here or PM. By the way, I am not good at recording sound clips anyone can help me out, that would be awesome.

Who ever who want to duet by recording seperately and later join the file better decide on a frequency and other setting first. Combining clips of different Hz (using Audacity) might distort the voice and tempo of the 2nd entry . Maybe that's why 0-0-0 has difficulty making the F4 preview for song entries (she meantion about male voice turning into female voice).

Btw, this one sounds fun as well. How to join?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Btw, this one sounds fun as well. How to join?
    i guess you will have to work this out between members.

EG. KIDD says "Hey, i want to do a duet with Cinnamon" (omg that would be so awesome) and then you work it out through PMs.

OR, GIRLLIKEME says "Hey, i want to form a group with anonymous number 1 and 2", then i will try and contact them to work out something.

And then, decide on a song to sing, eg. "Lao Shu Ai Da Mi"
    and maybe a group name eg. Y-0 (yearning, 0-0-0)

i'll try to post up a sample later, ok

I'm also reconsidering closing date. These entries would take a lot of time.

Can I just duet with myself?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Can I just duet with myself?
    well, the whole point is collaboration with other members.

Default SAMPLE GROUP SONG

I hope the people that i borrowed these clips from have no objection. You won't be identified, this is a SAMPLE. Note that the three singers all did this acappella and therefore are singing in different keys. It sounds a bit dodgy, roughly chopped, BUT remember i'm giving you guys a sample.

NO JUDGING ON THIS ONE

OMG, it just occurred to me. Acappella group singing would be REALLY AWESOME. Imagine number 3 of division 2 with sop, alto, tenor and bass!

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=128905
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 04-18-07 at 12:00 AM.

omg, my name popped up somewhere and it freaked me out for a second there! XD is (stuff between these) suppose to be my reply?

This sounds like a fun idea too. . .but its quite hard to choose a compatible partner when we don't know who sounds like what right now. . .'cept for sugar XP

Anywho, I would like to do this. . .my knowledge of different songs is very limited and my singing is kind of slow. . .if anyone think that may suit them, let me know. (probably just made people not want to pair up with me XD). . .Sugar, kidd, what songs were you guys thinking of singing?
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    omg, my name popped up somewhere and it freaked me out for a second there! XD is (stuff between these) suppose to be my reply?
    No, that's my thought on it.

Remember, my main job is matchmaking, since my singing skills aren't that great. And i would like to matchmake the two of you together

This sounds like a fun idea too. . .but its quite hard to choose a compatible partner when we don't know who sounds like what right now. . .'cept for sugar XP
    if you pm me with the member you're looking for, i will try and matchmake anonymously.

PLEASE, girls, don't rush at me asking for one of the heavenly male voices.

I am planning on singing "Mei Hua" sung by Teresa Teng. It is a really old song but I am not sure any one heard of her songs, during the 80's. I am caring about voice quality, but for fun. Annaaa and I planned to do a duet, but there is room for more; PM me and wanted to join. I am not sure, which best sound recording programs to use.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0

Oh darn! That was just what I was about to do! lol. . .not really, but that's a good idea.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Remember, my main job is matchmaking, since my singing skills aren't that great.
    Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match. Find me a find, catch me a catch. Night after night in the dark I'm alone, so find me a match of my own!

Can I get Fearless and his rich/heavenly voice?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Yeah, I am a guy but don't have that perfection; thankfully this is for fun.

oooo - I'M VERY INTERESTED.

not a good singer at all ... songs that i love to sing - cantonese and mandarin. =)

i love the oldies of tsai chin. i'm pretty new to this forum, so i don't know anyone. um, if u are interested, please PM me, and u can hear my voice over MSN or where ever. hehe

.Sugar, kidd, what songs were you guys thinking of singing?
    Hmm. I haven't think that far yet. I just thought it will be fun to join. Feel shy to ask anyone to duet with me lah.

No, that's my thought on it.

Remember, my main job is matchmaking, since my singing skills aren't that great. And i would like to matchmake the two of you together .
    You really think our voices match?

actually, I did heard of Tsai Chin live at the Foxwoods on Dec.25, 2006 with my mom; it looked like early Chinese New Year more than Christmas. It was great because the audience roots for like 3 extra songs for us. She was nice to do it, she still have that lovely voice. I accept all singers really; poor, great, high, low, professional, etc. Keep it positive and start a new, afterall this is spring.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 04-17-07 at 11:46 PM.