Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tvb life

Default Tvb life

hello everybody!
    I'm still very young and i'm still dreaming about the future.
    I want to become a tvb actress but my dad says that you need to have connections to become successful, plus i'm also well educated and my family thinks that i'll be wasting their money if i become a tvb actress since they've spent so much money on my education.
    I also want to enter miss Hk when i'm older, but my family said that that's also about connections and it's very *****y.
    I really want to meet Raymond Lam.
    What other educational jobs could i do later on in life, that could lead to a chance of meeting Raymond Lam?
    Just me

Quote Originally Posted by oxanitaxo
    hello everybody!
    I want to become a tvb actress but my dad says that you need to have connections to become successful, plus i'm also well educated and my family thinks that i'll be wasting their money if i become a tvb actress since they've spent so much money on my education.
    I also want to enter miss Hk when i'm older, but my family said that that's also about connections and it's very *****y.
    What other educational jobs could i do later on in life, that could lead to a chance of meeting Raymond Lam?
    Connection helps but there were successful tvb artists that didn't have connection. The golden Five Tigers (Felix Wong, Miu Kiu Wai, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Kent Tong) of TVB were very successful but they were all had comeo roles before had leading role. Acting is not for everyone, it is better to focus on education and taking some acting class in between. If you can become an actress then that is good, otherwise you should still have some other education to back you up. Anyway, do you speak both cantonese and manderine? I think Tvb artists need both languages nowaday...

I think being an actor/actress is considered very successful in life... one of the best careers out there.......
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

hello everybody!
    u can be his secretary or something. even if u go be a ms hong kong, ur not gurantee to win unless u sleep with the judges. and even that ur got gunna get into the same series as raymond unless u sleep with the director.

my suggestion : find a boyfriend and dont join the entertainment circle
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

hello everybody!
    Maybe by the time get older, or when u get a boyfriend, u won't care about Raymond Lam anymore.

Don't be a Yang Lijun. Sure join Miss HK and enter TVB if u really like to act. But, don't let your idol control your life. Don't become an actress just to meet Raymond Lam.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

How old are you?

I think if you are below say 15, then your dream will mostly change when you get older. I think entering Showbiz takes alot of courage and it certainly isnt as glamarous as one might think, but if you really would like to try, then no harm in it I guess. But if the reason you want to enter is because of Raymond Lam, then that is quite a silly reason.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

well actually!
    I really do like raymond lam since he's fit, but i've always liked tvb and acting since i was little. I can speak fluent english and cantonese, i'm learning french, spanish and mandarin at school. My parents think it's pointless if i become a tvb actress since i go to a private school and i'm well educated. I wouldn't sleep with anyone, but it's easier for guys to enter the industry than girls. Miss HK seems glamourous but my parents disagree. I just want to be successful and appear on Tvb, that's my dream. I might be still young but i have big dreams, i like to plan way ahead.
    Just me

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    u can be his secretary or something. even if u go be a ms hong kong, ur not gurantee to win unless u sleep with the judges. and even that ur got gunna get into the same series as raymond unless u sleep with the director.
    That's a pretty narrow minded view of the way things work don't you think?
    Just me

well that is what gonna happen if you dont get famous in 1 or 2 films. tvb will just put u as extras. actually, its gonna be way too hard to even take a leading or supporting role in tvb. unless u really look awesome, have a perfect body, is at least 5 foot 8, can answer questions on the spot in a big stage, then i dont think u can win the ms hong kong anyways.

just a little add on, raymond is NOT fit. the fittest guy is probably ron, but i dont really know much since i dont follow this stuff, its just that ive seen several series of raymond, hes like bones. if u like fit guys, join a sports team.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    well that is what gonna happen if you dont get famous in 1 or 2 films. tvb will just put u as extras. actually, its gonna be way too hard to even take a leading or supporting role in tvb. unless u really look awesome, have a perfect body, is at least 5 foot 8, can answer questions on the spot in a big stage, then i dont think u can win the ms hong kong anyways.

just a little add on, raymond is NOT fit. the fittest guy is probably ron, but i dont really know much since i dont follow this stuff, its just that ive seen several series of raymond, hes like bones. if u like fit guys, join a sports team.

ewwwwwwww, guys from sports teams are ugly! Aren't you a guy? Raymond is the fittest guy ever, ron's quite fit. I like him the way he is, he's cute!
    How do you know that i'll be an extra, how do you know that you have to sleep with people, and do you know what i look like, no! They'll give you a chance before they judge you. Oh yeah and btw, the miss hk contenstants prepare answers before they go on stage so basically they learn their answers off by heart! I saw a clip of it on TVB! And also people like Charmaine, Tavia, Selena, kate are all popular actresses and they are all under 5ft 8. Linda chung and myolie are like 5ft 8 but not that many of them are! You don't have to have a perfect body, you just have to look pretty, plus you have to have a nice personality! I'm sure that your not very pretty, if u think the miss hk contestants nowadays are pretty- what are you thinking? You obviously don't know what fit guys look like either!
    Just me

ewwwwwwww, guys from sports teams are ugly! Aren't you a guy? Raymond is the fittest guy ever, ron's quite fit. I like him the way he is, he's cute!
    How do you know that i'll be an extra, how do you know that you have to sleep with people, and do you know what i look like, no! They'll give you a chance before they judge you. Oh yeah and btw, the miss hk contenstants prepare answers before they go on stage so basically they learn their answers off by heart! I saw a clip of it on TVB! And also people like Charmaine, Tavia, Selena, kate are all popular actresses and they are all under 5ft 8. Linda chung and myolie are like 5ft 8 but not that many of them are! You don't have to have a perfect body, you just have to look pretty, plus you have to have a nice personality! I'm sure that your not very pretty, if u think the miss hk contestants nowadays are pretty- what are you thinking? You obviously don't know what fit guys look like either!
    lol ok, i give up. go and be ur miss hong kong to meet raymond. hope u have fun. dont say i didnt warn u

haha... i'm going to enter in like 10 years time=p
    not old enough yet.
    hope raymond is still good looking by then.
    Just me

I disagree with LuNar that people have to sleep with the judges in order to win Miss HongKong title or have to sleep with director in order to have good role. That is totally wrong. However, it is very likely that you will be an extra to begin with. Most famous artists start up as an extra. The golden five tigers of TVB were very famous back then even till now but all of them had comeo roles before they become famous. Nothing wrong with that. Don't expect to have leading role at the beginning.

haha... i'm going to enter in like 10 years time=p
    not old enough yet.
    hope raymond is still good looking by then.
    Does that mean you're about eight years old now? Isn't that a little young to be on these forums?
    Ho*.p ba?o lie^n chi y? phu.ng la^`u
    Da^n gian phong nhu? ky? tho*`i lu*u
    Lu'c xo^'ng nguye^.n la`m uye^n u*o*ng lie^~u
    To*'i che^'t nhu* hoa cu~ng bi.nh -da^`u

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Maybe by the time get older, or when u get a boyfriend, u won't care about Raymond Lam anymore.

Don't be a Yang Lijun. Sure join Miss HK and enter TVB if u really like to act. But, don't let your idol control your life. Don't become an actress just to meet Raymond Lam.
    I agree with you totally on this. I myself love acting career too but too bad that I don't have the talent and opportunity. Acting is one of the best career ever. However, I don't think it has to TVB, there are a lot other showbiz such as ATV, TaiSeng, ect....

I believe that connections play a big part in your success as well... I mean i know a lot of people who want to become an actress and all, but have no connections or opportunities... Connections and luck are important if you want to enter the circle.

To Peter Banh,
    I really like acting and all too, but I must say that NOT everyone considers it something really successful unless you can make it big. Also, TaiSeng is a just a company that releases and manufactures movies/series, it is not an acting company like TVB or ATV. People these days are trying to hit the China market too, so the competition is really really high to become an actor/actress. Even though an acting career looks like it is something really glamourous and filled with success, behind the scenes there are a lot of hardships that you just don't know about....Even Felix Wong mentioned that.... HE went through a lot in his career. I am shocked that you seem to be such a big fan of his but don't even know about any of it...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

ah, so young, so innocent. I hazard a guess of 8-12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I believe that connections play a big part in your success as well... I mean i know a lot of people who want to become an actress and all, but have no connections or opportunities... Connections and luck are important if you want to enter the circle.

To Peter Banh,
    I really like acting and all too, but I must say that NOT everyone considers it something really successful unless you can make it big. Also, TaiSeng is a just a company that releases and manufactures movies/series, it is not an acting company like TVB or ATV. People these days are trying to hit the China market too, so the competition is really really high to become an actor/actress. Even though an acting career looks like it is something really glamourous and filled with success, behind the scenes there are a lot of hardships that you just don't know about....Even Felix Wong mentioned that.... HE went through a lot in his career. I am shocked that you seem to be such a big fan of his but don't even know about any of it...
    I did read some news that Felix Wong said that it is a very complicated career that he doesn't wish his daughter to enter but he would leave it for her to decide. Of course connection help, but not neccessary. Felix himself had many comeo roles before he got famous just like many other famous actors/actresses.
    I think TaiSeng does make series too. I have watched many of them like
    Thien Thu anh Liet Truyen - Assassins (20 dvd)
    Ky Tai Truong Tam Phong - Taiji Prodigy (20 dvd)
    Thu Kiem An Thu -Book and Sword, Gratutude and Revenge (22 DVD)

Look, you guys are arguing with a kid who thinks she's well-educated because she's gone to private school. You never win.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

You'll need patients, because if you don't win or get a good place in Miss HK, then you might still be with TVB, but you'll get cameos. A lot. Unless you have a lot of patience to have really small roles for years, and despite that, you could still be stuck with small roles all your life. (e.g Tavia's sister) Then there's the acting school, but you get stuck with really small roles for years before getting noticed (e.g. Tavia). You'll have to be either really drop dead gorgeous (or skinny and that's with guys as well unless they're muscly), or really talented in acting. And I'm guessing right now that if you know english well, that's a bonus.

I don't think it's really that glamarous, sure you get fans, then you get haters, and reporters making up the biggest deal out of the smallest things. Apprantly it's a really *****y environment, because you're constantly trying to get promoted (especially within the females). So you'll also need to be under to work under a lot of stress, and pressure.

Haha. Not trying to discourage you there, just trying to warn you. I mean, I sort of wanting to be an actress too except noway in hell would my parents ever let me =[

And if you really want to meet Raymond, couldn't you just attend some function that he's in or something? Though you'd be surronded by a heap of people so you might not really get to meet him.

P.S - You'll also have to stand knowing that there might be lots of people that hate you and think you can't act out there. Especially with Miss HKs. Most people don't like those. Just saying.

GOOD LUCK THOUGH

First requirement to be tvb actor:

able to sleep less than 4 hours everyday.