Thread: The Legend of Bruce Lee (2008)

Default The Legend of Bruce Lee (2008)

The Legend of Bruce Lee

"The Legend of Bruce Lee, a 40-part series made by the state broadcaster China Central Television, will cost an estimated $6.5 million (£3.3 million) to produce and will be aimed at an international audience, especially Chinese living abroad. The series will be filmed on location in the United States, Hong Kong and mainland China, featuring the places where Lee worked and lived before his death in 1973." - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1637237.ece

Chen GuoKun or Danny Chan Kwok Kuen will be acting as Bruce Lee, he is a male actor, dance choreographer and lead singer of his rock band 'Poet'. But you would most notably have seen him in Kung Fu Hustle but predominantly as the goalie in Shaolin Soccer. He is also going to be a part of a new movie thats going to be released this year called Invincible Kung Fu.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

I think this'll be very interesting.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking more help!

I can see that this would be an awesome serie of remake of Bruce Lee. Having read the book and watched his movies, I feel a serie about him would be interesting.
    ~Edison~

My friend finished the series and says its "really good" so I decided to get the DVD's. I'm a huge fan of Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kune Do style so I'm really looking forward to watching this series. Has anybody else seen it? It's available in Yesasia.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.brucelee.fr/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/the-legend-of-bruce-lee.jpg')

Siu Long Gor from Shaolin Soccer. I read that Mr. Chan needed a little work in his kung fu. I really like that one of Stephen Chow’s guys are branching out. I just saw the crossdresser guy in a Andy Lau/Leslie Cheung movie (Shanghai Grand).
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

I tried to watch this, but unfortunally the voice dubbing in my language was soo bad that it made the whole series bad!

The series just finished broadcasting in here. Although I did not faithfully watch every single episode but I did at least 80% of the series and I must say, it is a brilliant production which brought me to walk through the life story of Bruce Lee.

I'm assuming that whatever is projected in that drama is at least 90% true about Bruce Lee. Is it? I mean, did Bruce really had a Japanese karate guy who became his disciple-friend?

Chan Kwok Kuen did a great job as Bruce. It made me believe that he IS Bruce.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    The series just finished broadcasting in here. Although I did not faithfully watch every single episode but I did at least 80% of the series and I must say, it is a brilliant production which brought me to walk through the life story of Bruce Lee.

I'm assuming that whatever is projected in that drama is at least 90% true about Bruce Lee. Is it? I mean, did Bruce really had a Japanese karate guy who became his disciple-friend?

Chan Kwok Kuen did a great job as Bruce. It made me believe that he IS Bruce.
    Not very accurate. Chuck Norris was left out, replaced with another karate guy. Bruce didn't participated in any martial arts competition in US, he's the invited special guest who performed demo. There's no such Japanese master that beat up Bruce in Oakland.

Dan Inasanto and Taky Kimura are real friends and understudy of Bruce, so this part at least is true. Both of them were actually pallbearers of Bruce coffin. The black guy who drove taxi was based on Jesse Glover.

If I recalled correctly, Bruce never managed to complete his university studies in psychology because he dropped off and had issues beating up other martial arts trainers.

The crazy guy who wanted to beat Bruce so much was a fake addition. the closest to real setting was the much published fight in SF chinatown with one Wong Jack Man, a master in his own right, but they only fought once.

The other one armed guy who came to challange Bruce to a closed door fight was made up because there's a guy who had claimed to have beaten Bruce years after he had passed away.

When he's shooting in Thailand, there's a Thai boxing master that challenged him but was knocked down after only a few kicks. The fight didn't prolonged much as shown in the series.

Bruce fought a lot in his days, and many challengers later became his students. Is he the best, no one knows. But close friends and students of his held him in the highest regard, with accounts of his explosive punches and kicks as the hardest ever.

You'll see others who dismissed Bruce are those who are not really acquinted with him and had only read his accounts. When he's alive, no one claim to have beaten the man, until his death, when he no longer possible to refute any claims.
    Last edited by shortsight; 11-18-09 at 02:00 AM.

Thank you for the summarised account, shortsight.

I guess the crazy was there to spice up the story, and act as a stress tool for Bruce, or something of that effect.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

It seems great martial artist in the modern era are always have names that start with letter B and L like Bruce Lee and Brock Lesnar.

Anyone know where I can find legend of bruce lee 2008 series in DVD with english subtitle? It seems as if they haven't subbed this yet....Not even fansub while all the boring series get fan subbed..........