View Poll Results: Which person should go through to the finals?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 An Jing

18 28.57%
  • 2 Give My Love

20 31.75%
  • 3 Lao Shu Ai Dai Mi

1 1.59%
  • 4 Part of that World

20 31.75%
  • 5 Wang Ba Dan

0 0%
  • 6 Ho Yat Joi Seung Gin

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Background Music Division 1 (here!)

Default SPCNET Background Music Division 1 (here!)

Here is the first background music division.

Please keep in mind that many of the contestants are entering for fun, and very few would have any vocal training. We criticise people like Liu Yi Fei for being a bad singer because you expect better after a year of vocal training, but the contestants here are just entering for fun. Please don't post comments like "she's so off tune, even I could do better. She must be tone deaf." Please be nice with your comments, especially those who were too chicken to enter themselves.

Well, pretty straightforward, the top 2 entries here will go to the final round. This means that they will then record a second clip.

Thank you to everyone that participated, I hope you all had fun. (Without you, this competition would not have been possible - i'm sounding like an oscar speech, so i'll stop now...)

http://www.blankie.net/spcnet/
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 07-14-07 at 09:06 AM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

am reposting my comments here....

1. Good voice, shaky at first but improved tremendously after the first 5 sec.....in fact, i think the way he controlled his voice is great!

2. *jaw agape* you sure you didnt upload song from original singer, huh 0-0-0? this guy could pass for a pro singer if you ask me! if he keeps this up for the next rounds, i think he can come out a winner! im adding this one to my music folder!

3. eh, this one sounds so lazy.....his voice gets better towards the end, but could improve if he adds more power to the voice....

4. Voice too low....but it sounds soooooo cute!

5. Gotta change the way you record. Sounds so noisy and i cant hear the voice quite clearly.....but from the low quality (would sound better if it's in better quality) i think the voice is quite okay.....in fact, at the middle it sounded good....could do better with voice control though.....the singer sounds like he's releasing huge stress....

6. Voice too soft.....quite shaky at high note but overall is fine...

I really wanna know who singer#2 is....he's so good....

same... reposting!

This is great! SO GOOD!!!

The first one : Very very nice His voice is so emotional and touching There are a few spots where a bit too much air is breathed into the mic, but thats alright, coz its just the recording

The second one: Woww;; very good Though i dont like the song, but the voice is rich and smooth Its good.

The third one : Very sweet!!! It gets the juice of the song out! This song is soooo cute

The 4th one: Awww, reminds me of primary school moments! very cute!!!

the 5th: Its good, even though the actual sound is a bit faint; a bit far away in the distance, I've got a bad ear, but its really good, coz i can still hear the voice

The 6th: Aww,,, i was hoping someone would sing in canto!! Beautiful! you're on time

to everyone in this division!! great!!!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

even though this division was very hard ... i had to pick number 2. wayyyy wayyyy too good.

his voice melt away my heart ... I'LL C U IN ROUND 2!!!!

yes, i'm having a round of *e-crushes* by their voice ... at some pt, i felt a little lesbian too with some girl's singing.

One of the things to note in this division is that number 5 is very low quality, but the singing is actually very good when you listen to it.

yes, i've had a couple of crushes on voices building in the past two weeks.

Yeah like I said in the other thread, #1, #2, and #5 were my picks. For some reason #1's voice stole my heart... I have an e-crush on your voice.

hahah See why I didn't join 0-0-0?? These people are like so freaken pro!!! I won't stand a chance even after my voice lesson. *sighs* Maybe next lifetime. ahaha I'll be posting my individual comments later. Love the entries people. Great job!

#4 is so cute and I really enjoy listening to #3. Listening to #5 now.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-17-07 at 08:28 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The one that sang 'an jing'

PM ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    The one that sang 'an jing'

PM ME!!

Over my dead body! His voice is sweet, huh? I wonder who it is...

i feel so smug

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    Over my dead body! His voice is sweet, huh? I wonder who it is...
    I know but i'll give him to you I got someone else... LOL but his voice is soo emotional!

But gugu! what about yeung gor?

number is like VERy pro!!!!!!!!! it's like studio recorded.. but i prefer 1..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I have to say, many of you with the background music has sing really well. Great Job!

1. Had trouble singing the high notes but pretty good.

2. The background music is really clear. Distracted by the accent a little but not bad.

3. Voice didn't really suit the song but could follow the rhythm pretty well.

4. Adorable.

5. I like the upbeat song.

6. Not bad. Got a real kick out of this song.

I pick #1.

1 2 n 6...

song 1 sounded like a jay!!! wow! i salute u!!! it was a very good rendition...it sounded like jay but w ur own style!

song 2...i love that song eversince i heard it in 'save the last dance'. u made me like it even more...very memorable voice!

song 6...im really a fan of canto songs...very nice to the ears

will vote a little later when im not as confused...will review the songs one more time
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Great job to all participants!!

Out of all the entries though, I like no 1, 2 and 6 the best.

No. 1- Very nice, right amount of emotions! The singer is even better than Jay Chou imo.
    No. 2- Very soothing voice, great pitching! And excellent song choice.
    No. 6- Very sweet voice, though a little bit of pitching problems here and there but well, the song is a really tough one to sing.

Overall, my vote goes to...number..1!! Number 2 is probably a better singer but i think number 1 did a more memorable and unique rendition of the song with very good display of emotions
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I have to say that #5 Wang Ba Dan was really marred by bad recording. This is actually very well sung if listen carefully.

#1 and #2 most are certainly the best singers here. But somehow I enjoyed #3 and #4 more. These 2 songs really put a smile on my face. I feel happy every time I listen to these 2 songs.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I'd have to vote for Number 2. Like others said, you couldn't tell that this was a "normal" person singing - sounded like something out of a studio.

A special mention to Number 4, who sang the Little Mermaid without actually using the real BGM, but just used a simple synth accompaniment (maybe she was playing it live). It would have had a much better impact with the real BGM, but the voice was sweet.

Number 5 sounded pretty good from what I could hear, but sadly the recording was a bit difficult to hear. I'd really love to hear a good recording of that piece - it had energy!

And thanks to Number 6 for the nostalgia.. you do sound a lot like Cheung Tak Lan - soft and gentle.

O YES IM HERE! FIRST THING I DID WHEN I WOKE UP WAS CHECK SPCNET!

#1: honestly sounded like jay chou, dont blame the high pitch sounds on the singer, blame it on the microphone 9/10

#2: good recording, good voice, but i will say that #2 has an advantage b/c of good microphone + somewhat easy song 9/10

#3: good try, you have the perfect accent to do another song, but not the mice love rich song, not bad tho, every clear singing 6/10

#4: very very cute but the singing was monotone, i liked it tho 7/10

#5: very bad recording, but i can tell the singer can sing 6/10

#6: i really like this one. she displayed the range from high pitch to low pitch without making the screeching sound on the microphone that much and i cant hear the breathing, which is a plus. 8/10

my vote goes to #6 because i just loved the singing + voice. #1 and #2 are very good too, just that... #6's voice =
    Last edited by LuNaR; 04-21-07 at 12:30 AM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!