Thread: Buffy Season 8

Default Buffy Season 8

I don't know why I am posting this here but I guess I'm just bored and having writer's block for my story. So I guess I am using this time to do a little fan fiction for my favorite series.

S8E01 From Rome With Warning

Disclaimer: If you have seen it, then it is not mine. Buffy and all the original characters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer belong to Joss Whedon. The name Helsing is originally taken from Van Helsing, and also from Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Tyrael is from Diablo 2. New Eden is borrowed from the RPG game Echoes of Creation. I’m just using them for entertainment purposes. I don’t have money so please don’t sue.

Author's Note: My recollection of Vatican City and Rome are quite vague, as I only visited the cities for two days on a trip in Europe about three years ago. So if my description is inaccurate, please just bear with me.
    Last edited by fridaythe13th; 05-03-07 at 09:44 AM. Reason: new title
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Default S8E01

Teaser

Dong. Dong. Dong.

The clocks struck midnight. (It seemed a bit clichéd to start this way but the atmosphere was just like that. If I just put a little rain in, then the scene would just be like one of those mystery movies.)

The Vatican City was supposed to be the holiest city in the world, since the Pope lived here. St. Peter’s Cathedral stood tall and massive, set at the centre of the square. But the darkness blinded everything in sight and it was silent in the square. In the near distance, some of the windows were dimly lighted. Shadows bounced off the walls and danced as people inside busied themselves.

Looking closer, a priest was walking across one of the corridors that were barely visible from the outside. The priest, in his cliché-fashioned robe, held a book, titled Holy Bible, and he walked across the stone floors quietly. Suddenly, he stopped dead. Something was there with him, he could feel it. He took a deep breath and slowly turned around. A tall man in a black overcoat stood behind him, slowly smiling. (Hmm. Why does that sound like someone from The Matrix?) Anyway, the priest’s mouth dropped open in shock as he looked over the man. His eyes stopped at a weapon that was held in the man’s right hand. The priest’s facial expression changed as he looked on in horror.

The tall man twisted his weapon slightly. It was a samurai sword, oddly. For a brown-haired man to wield an oriental weapon was unusual. It was more unusual that the sword had a green hilt and handle, with an eerie presence about the blade. However, before the priest can react, the man swiftly pulled the sword back and drove it straight into the priest’s chest. The priest staggered back and immediately fell onto the stone, cold floor. He was dead.

The tall man kneeled down, slowly grinning, and grabbed the book from the priest’s hands. As he stood up, a fading glow became to surround him and in a flash of blue light, he disappeared into thin air. (I think I just ripped that off Charmed.)

Default S8E01

Act I

The caves were dark and shadowy. The torches on the walls provided very little light that looked like a rip-off of some role-playing dungeon. There were carvings and drawings on the cavern walls, most of them cannot be read. Are they ancient languages? Or are they just the product of some little kid?

Then, the scene changes. In the middle of a white room, like an interrogation room, the only thing that stood there was a crystal ball. It was just floating in the centre, with no strings or any visible object holding it in place.

Suddenly, everything went black. Ghostly images of varies demons appeared. They floated across the black, pursuing or running from something. The images rushed by swiftly and it is hard to make out any of them in detail. However, a ghostly dragon-like image stopped and enlarges above all the others. It whispered, “The end is coming.”

Buffy immediately sat up, sweating. What a dream! She hadn’t had one like that in ages, and to her, it always meant something, especially the part about ‘the end is coming’. Could it be another prophetic dream? She turned around and looked at her clock. It said 7.20AM.

Buffy wondered into the kitchen and realised that Dawn was watching television in the living room. In the city of Rome, Buffy was surprised to hear an English voice on TV.

“Last night, a priest was murdered inside St. Peter’s Cathedral.” A woman news announcer reported. “This had been the third murder so far this month. The police suspect anti-Christian terrorist groups.”

Dawn was confused, “Why do they always kill the priests? Why don’t they go straight for the Pope?”

Buffy poked her head out of the kitchen, “What are you talking about?”

Dawn shrugged, “I just find it odd.”

Buffy smiled and shook her head. Suddenly, the phone rang. Buffy came out, wiping her hands on her jeans. She picked up the phone, “Hello.”

“It’s Giles,” the voice on the other end said.

“Hey, Giles,” Buffy was actually quite excited, “How’s England?”

“We have a problem.”

Buffy was annoyed. Every time that someone calls, it is always bad news. It was getting on her nerves sometimes. Giles continued, “Two slayers were killed last night.”

Buffy was on full alert when he said that. “Another two?”

“Something is happening. Something big.”

“So it seems.”

“What does that mean?” Giles was genuinely confused.

“You haven’t heard?” Buffy was surprised that Giles didn’t hear the news. “Three priests died this month.”

“You think the events are related?”

“My spider sense is tingling.” Buffy said flatly. (I just had to use that. Another cliché.)

“We should start research right away.” (Good old Giles – with the research.)

“Giles, do you really think that we can research the deaths of three priests?” Buffy asked.

“Well…” Giles was at a loss for words.

“Or who killed the Slayers?” Buffy had a point. Giles didn’t know what to do, but he wanted to do something. After a moment of silence, Buffy finally said, “I had a dream.”

“Dream? About what?”

“Apocalypse. Or something like that. I’m not very sure on the details.”

Suddenly, there is a knock on the front door. “Hold on.”

Buffy dropped the phone and went to the door. As she opened it, a figure in black robes appeared. Buffy eyed the person suspiciously. The figure took off the robes and immediately showed Buffy who they really were. As the figure showed Buffy their vampiric face, the sunlight from the windows hit the vampire. It burst into flames. (I think that actually happened on Buffy once.) Buffy stood there, mouth opened, staring in horror.

Dawn came up behind her, “What’s wrong?”

Buffy immediately turned and grabbed the phone that was hanging. “Giles, are you still there?”

“What is it?”

“When can we meet?” Buffy asked urgently.

“Well,” Giles thought for a moment. “Xander is still in Africa and Faith and Robin are in Cleverland. But if you don’t mind, we can do it in around a week.”

“Ok,” Buffy nodded, “Dawn and I will be there as soon as possible.”

“Buffy, what’s going on?”

“We need to assemble the gang once more.” Buffy said, “Something big is coming this way.”

Thumbs up

Wow, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer sequel! I'm a big fan and will definitely be following this fanfic. So far, the story is intriguing. Does this pick up after the last season of Buffy? And who is Robin? I didn't exactly follow the last season closely (not enough time), but I didn't realize that Faith and Buffy were back on good terms. Anyway, hope to see the next update soon!

I wonder if you'll bring back Riley. I know he's married, but maybe you could divorce him or make him a widower. I really like him. Most people like Angel. Don't get the wrong idea, I love Angel. He's talk, dark, and dangerous, but Riley (who's hot also) has a more realistic chance with Buffy, seeing as they are both humans. Spike is actually pretty adorable with his infatuation with Buffy, but the slayer-vampire love affair gets a little old sometimes. Anya annoys me a bit. Hope she doesn't make an appearance here.

By the way, do you mind some constructive criticism? I usually don't offer it unless I'm really into the story. Your descriptions are great, very detailed and allowed me to envision the scenes! Love it! But your side commentaries are a little distracting and make the story flow less smoothly. It's just my opinion and I realize I am being nitpicky. You're a terrific writer and look forward to the next installment!

Sorry, I'm kind of busy for the past week or so, so I didn't have any time to sit down and write. But I will update very soon in the next few days, so just bear with me. Mel, about your questions, this picks up three to four months after season seven. Robin was the last principal at Sunnydale High before the destruction in the series finale. Yes, Faith and Buffy are back on good terms. You'll have to watch the last season about that.

Just an interesting note here that I am a big fan of the whole Angel and Buffy relationship. I will not tell you who might show up once in a while but I did gave a hint in the disclaimer if you didn't notice. While I am a BA fan, the chances of Buffy ending up with any of the three characters will be very unlikely. I love Angel but something about him annoys me a bit. Riley is a nice bloke but I'm not really a fan of him. I don't mind Spike but his whole relationship with Buffy is not my style. For the reason that so many people wonders about who Buffy ends up with, I have decided to do something different.

I will try not to put distracting side notes. Please stay tuned.