Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is TVB out of actors/scripts?

Default is TVB out of actors/scripts?

i'm watching their series and i keep seeing the same people OVER, then Over and Over again... coming to the point that they even have the same paring in different series lol...

Bosco Wong <<<< this dude is everywhere, it's becomming hard to see a series WITHOUT him

Linda Chung <<< they're promoting her very heavily...

Charmain sheh <<< again it's hard to see a series without her...

Some series even have multiple actors/actress from another series
    Best Bet <<< alot of character from VOH
    paring of nikki chow and kevin cheng happened 2X (this is very rare, almost never happen lol)

um bernice lui and Shirley Yeung appeared in the brink of law + devil deciple (these 2 series are like in the same year)

ect.. ect.. Shirley Yeung and Bosco Wong have been in more series together than i can remember (alot)...

it's becoming more of a game for me to try and figure out what series these people appear in lol.

oh and the scripts are very closely related these days... i've seen a couple series with similar scripts (not exactly the same but very similar)

This isn't really anything new. They've been in this rut for over ten years now...maybe even longer.

Ya, this is like so common in TVB

i keep watching the same veteran actor in movies that come out almost the same time

if i c them in this movie, im oredi prepared that they will appear in the next released movie

sumtimes
    it gets pretty confusing when im watching 2 series simultaneously as at least 3-5 characters from 1 series is acting in the 2nd series with a different role
    sometimes evil & good
    'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference' - Reinhold Niebuhr

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    i'm watching their series and i keep seeing the same people OVER, then Over and Over again... coming to the point that they even have the same paring in different series lol...

Bosco Wong <<<< this dude is everywhere, it's becomming hard to see a series WITHOUT him

Linda Chung <<< they're promoting her very heavily...

Charmain sheh <<< again it's hard to see a series without her...

Some series even have multiple actors/actress from another series
    Best Bet <<< alot of character from VOH
    paring of nikki chow and kevin cheng happened 2X (this is very rare, almost never happen lol)

um bernice lui and Shirley Yeung appeared in the brink of law + devil deciple (these 2 series are like in the same year)

ect.. ect.. Shirley Yeung and Bosco Wong have been in more series together than i can remember (alot)...

it's becoming more of a game for me to try and figure out what series these people appear in lol.

oh and the scripts are very closely related these days... i've seen a couple series with similar scripts (not exactly the same but very similar)
    u forgot to mention raymond, he appears everywhere
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

which brings me to another point... are they using cue cards now? i can't immagine anyone of them (like raymond lam) that can remember his script for 10+ series in a span of 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    which brings me to another point... are they using cue cards now? i can't immagine anyone of them (like raymond lam) that can remember his script for 10+ series in a span of 1 year.
    Heh, That statement is so exaggerated.

One of these days Lunar and Warlock110 will disappear from the matrix and it would be as if they never existed. (But don't blame the Raymond Lam fans).

Fan Bing Bing, I see her everywhere, her acting is even below Charmaine Sheh. (JK! )
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

One of these days Lunar and Warlock110 will disappear from the matrix and it would be as if they never existed. (But don't blame the Raymond Lam fans).

Fan Bing Bing, I see her everywhere, her acting is even below Charmaine Sheh. (JK! )
    no, seriously... 1 series ~ 30 eps... main char is about 30 min of time per eps... say they're doing 1 year of 10 series (real popular people)... that's ALOT OF LINES. even if they sit at home all day remembering lines i don't think it's gonna work.

In america people doing sitcome/series 1 season = 1 year ~ 30 episode at most (friends and sitcomes are 24 eps)... so you can see that it's alot less... i don't know how they're doing this.

fan bing bing and charmaine rocks at least they are pretty!!! (ok ok at least charmaine has above average eyes!!!)

honestly though... raymond is no louis koo, just cause he took louis' tan. raymond only appeal to me in ancient series.

I remember the golden 70s and 80s when there wasn't that many actors and actresses around, so TVB was able to bloom and flourish... Also, TVB did not have that much competition since China barely made any series and Taiwan wasn't even that popular with all of their fake backgrounds and low quality series. ATV was also never as popular as TVB.However, now TVB has to compete with CHina, Taiwan, Singapore,ATV and many other companies. Many of the really famous actors that came from TVB are now either really famous cinema stars, have left TVB, entered the market in China,etc... THerefore, TVB does not seem to have anyone left so they keep on using the same old people and scripts over and over and over again... That is why I rarely ever watch any TVB series anymore. The quality of their series has really gone downhill and has been for a number of years now.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    fan bing bing and charmaine rocks at least they are pretty!!! (ok ok at least charmaine has above average eyes!!!)

honestly though... raymond is no louis koo, just cause he took louis' tan. raymond only appeal to me in ancient series.
    Yeah, pretty but don't depend on them for acting.

Louis Koo? You speak of his name, like he's actually superb in his acting skills. He's above medicore at best. I wouldn't say he's super and great at acting. Oh please, there's plenty of other tanned actors, just because fans say Ray and Michelle are like younger versions of Louis and Jessica, it's not neccesarily true. They're different. Plus, Ray is a better singer than Louis (without a doubt).

And can you see how active Louis' thread has been since he's just acting in movies now?

Warlock110, Actors and actresses can remember their lines because they've got the talent to remember them. If you can't do it, it doesn't mean it's impossible for them who do it professionally.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I remember the golden 70s and 80s when there wasn't that many actors and actresses around, so TVB was able to bloom and flourish... Also, TVB did not have that much competition since China barely made any series and Taiwan wasn't even that popular with all of their fake backgrounds and low quality series. ATV was also never as popular as TVB.However, now TVB has to compete with CHina, Taiwan, Singapore,ATV and many other companies. Many of the really famous actors that came from TVB are now either really famous cinema stars, have left TVB, entered the market in China,etc... THerefore, TVB does not seem to have anyone left so they keep on using the same old people and scripts over and over and over again... That is why I rarely ever watch any TVB series anymore. The quality of their series has really gone downhill and has been for a number of years now.
    i dont agree with u. just because tvb produces more series now (like at least 30 a year?) compared with the 80s 1-2 series a year.. if u take the top few series of each year in the 00s and compare it with the 80s, i say the 00s are better. such as war and beauty, life made simple, war of in law, maiden vow, le femme desperado, etc

You forget the fact that most of the actors of the 70-80s originated from ATV (way back when) and then gradually came to TVB.

Yeah, pretty but don't depend on them for acting.

Louis Koo? You speak of his name, like he's actually superb in his acting skills. He's above medicore at best. I wouldn't say he's super and great at acting. Oh please, there's plenty of other tanned actors, just because fans say Ray and Michelle are like younger versions of Louis and Jessica, it's not neccesarily true. They're different. Plus, Ray is a better singer than Louis (without a doubt).

And can you see how active Louis' thread has been since he's just acting in movies now?

Warlock110, Actors and actresses can remember their lines because they've got the talent to remember them. If you can't do it, it doesn't mean it's impossible for them who do it professionally.
    ray's singing is baaaaaaaad. i never heard louis sing, so i cant judge. i do find louis as 1 of the "better" actors (above the singer actors like eason, hacken, etc except ronald cheng), but of course he isnt tony leung or andy lau level. raymond isnt that great imo. raymond is just about the same level as bosco and kevin.

Oh yea, I forgot about the fact that some of the actors come from ATV too...

To Lunar,
    Well, you don't have to agree with me. I grew up in the 80s and love most of the series from the 80s, but you like the ones in the 2000s. That is fine since that is your opinion. Just because they produce more does not mean that the series are all high quality. ALso, TVB DID NOT release only 1-2 series a year like you said. I am not sure how many they released back then each year, but it was definately more than 1-2 series only. You really don't know much about the golden 80s do you? I bet you are way too young to even appreciate them, but know about them... I bet you weren't even born during that time yet...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i dont agree with u. just because tvb produces more series now (like at least 30 a year?) compared with the 80s 1-2 series a year.. if u take the top few series of each year in the 00s and compare it with the 80s, i say the 00s are better. such as war and beauty, life made simple, war of in law, maiden vow, le femme desperado, etc
    Lunar, I highly doubt, you're old enough to be speaking on behalf of series made in the 80s. The quality of acting has, whether you agree or not, has deteriorated through each actor/actress generation, although there ARE some actors/actresses of current generations that are good actors, I *don't* deny that.

Having increasingly better technology does not make up for the poorer quality of acting.

And where the heck are you pulling those 30 series a year from? And 1-2 series per year in the 80s from? Please don't make up generalizations and numbers off the top of your head, unless you have actual facts and evidence, *no one* will or need to take you seriously.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-19-07 at 08:27 PM.

Oh yea, I forgot about the fact that some of the actors come from ATV too...

To Lunar,
    Well, you don't have to agree with me. I grew up in the 80s and love most of the series from the 80s, but you like the ones in the 2000s. That is fine since that is your opinion. Just because they produce more does not mean that the series are all high quality. ALso, TVB DID NOT release only 1-2 series a year like you said. I am not sure how many they released back then each year, but it was definately more than 1-2 series only. You really don't know much about the golden 80s do you? I bet you are way too young to even appreciate them, but know about them... I bet you weren't even born during that time yet...
    yes i know not all the series are good quality, thats why you should only watch the top 5 for each year. and i was born during the eighties and grew up watching the 90s, so yes i dont really know much about the 80s, but i look at the spcnet review thread and theres only 1-2 series for each yeari n the 80s w/ a review, i didnt really do any research so sorry if im wrong.

ps: sorry if i offended u, i was just stating my opinion

Lunar, I highly doubt, you're old enough to be speaking on behalf of series made in the 80s. The quality of acting has, whether you agree or not, has deteriorated through each actor/actress generation, although there ARE some actors/actresses of current generations that are good actors, I *don't* deny that.

Having increasingly better technology does not make up for the poorer quality of acting.

And where the heck are you pulling those 30 series a year from? And 1-2 series per year in the 80s from? Please don't make up generalizations and numbers off the top of your head, unless you have actual facts and evidence, *no one* will or need to take you seriously.
    well u have to think about it this way. there are only that many things u can make a film about and that many jokes that are funny. its harder for the series in 00s to become original while easier for the 80s to be more original (thus higher quality i suppose?) o yea i did pull the # of series out of my head i'll try to do more research next time
    Last edited by LuNaR; 04-19-07 at 08:31 PM.

yes i know not all the series are good quality, thats why you should only watch the top 5 for each year. and i was born during the eighties and grew up watching the 90s, so yes i dont really know much about the 80s, but i look at the spcnet review thread and theres only 1-2 series for each yeari n the 80s w/ a review, i didnt really do any research so sorry if im wrong.

ps: sorry if i offended u, i was just stating my opinion

How does 1-2 series in the review section equate to # of series that came out during those years?

Theres more reviews for the 90s-present because the copies of those series are more available for people to write reviews on. The 70-80s are harder to get on DVD/VCD so theres less reviews written. It just helps to write a series review, if you've recently saw it or have a fresh memory of it, and so that maybe one of the reasons there aren't many older series reviews.

Please, before you state your opinion, make sure you actually have logic and facts to back up what you're saying.

To Lunar,
    It is ok and thanks for not getting mad... I wasn't offended since I know everyone has different opinions, and I always respect them. But I think if you watched the 80s and then compared them to the 90s, 2000s and other new series of today, you will see for yourself which era you would like most. I have seen series from all of those eras from TVB and still love the 80s the most. I think part of it is because I grew up with them so they are special to me since I was born in the late 70s. Also, the acting, script and everything for the 80s is great.. I think you should give some of them a chance to see for yourself if you like them or not. I must say that not all of the 80s series were good either... Nowadays, I am watching more China, Taiwan, Singapore and other companies series since TVB is really not like how it used to be....

How does 1-2 series in the review section equate to # of series that came out during those years?

Theres more reviews for the 90s-present because the copies of those series are more available for people to write reviews on. The 70-80s are harder to get on DVD/VCD so theres less reviews written. It just helps to write a series review, if you've recently saw it or have a fresh memory of it, and so that maybe one of the reasons there aren't many older series reviews.

Please, before you state your opinion, make sure you actually have logic and facts to back up what you're saying.
    ok i'll do some research next time lol

To Lunar,
    It is ok and thanks for not getting mad... I wasn't offended since I know everyone has different opinions, and I always respect them. But I think if you watched the 80s and then compared them to the 90s, 2000s and other new series of today, you will see for yourself which era you would like most. I have seen series from all of those eras from TVB and still love the 80s the most. I think part of it is because I grew up with them so they are special to me since I was born in the late 70s. Also, the acting, script and everything for the 80s is great.. I think you should give some of them a chance to see for yourself if you like them or not. I must say that not all of the 80s series were good either... Nowadays, I am watching more China, Taiwan, Singapore and other companies series since TVB is really not like how it used to be....
    o i tried watching series from the 80s such as LOCH 82 and ROCH 83, both i gave up on after a few eps cause i just didnt have any interest in it. i still havnet seen the bund series from the 80s, i might give it a try
    Last edited by LuNaR; 04-19-07 at 08:42 PM.

ok i'll do some research next time lol
    Are you really 18~19 years old?

I guess, you weren't exposed to many 80s series as you were growing up, so you couldn't have grow a liking to them. That's sad.

Ray fans would beg to differ on your opinion of his singing. Geez, don't talk, if you haven't listened to Louis' singing yet.