Thread: What series would you like to see a remake of?

Default What series would you like to see a remake of?

It could be any tv series. You could want a remake because the previous version didn't satisfy you. If they already have a remake, you thought it sucked big time.

For me I say Legend of Lady Chung. I really liked that story, they need to make a new one. The one with Gallen Lo doesn't count as a remake, it's more like a parody. I'm sick and tired of remakes of the "classics" such as Legend of the Condor Heroes and Return of the Condor Heroes. Time to give respect to other series that are good such as this one.

Another one I would just completely redo is Meteor Garden, now that can afford to do more with it with better technology and stuff. The storyline although follows the manga better than Hana Yori Dango-JDrama, is too draggy, takes away from the romance of it. So I would change the story a little, the hair and makeup people got to go to, and the props people need to do better too. I'm sorry if some of you liked the cast, I recast them too. I'm going to use Japanese character's names, you can think of the equivalent on your own, since I liked them better.

Makino Tsukashi.........Ariel Lin
    Domyoji Tsukasa......Mike He
    Hanazawa Rui..........Figaro Ceng Shao Zong
    Nishikado Sojiro.......Gino
    Mimasaka Akira........Jacky Chu

I just think these guys are so much cuter and they can act too. This is a type of role I would like to see Ariel in.

I would like to see Huang Yi's Po Sui Kong Xu gets made into a series. Maybe also Detective Conan in Chinese. Also want to see Qiong Yao's Ting Yuan Shen Shen remade.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

I would love to see a good remake of:
    Xiao Li Fei Dao(the 99 version would have been good if they didn't change and butcher the actual story too much)
    Jiu Yue Ying Fei-haven't seen a remake of that for a very long time
    Zai Sheng Yuan-haven't seen a good remake of that yet
    Hong Lau Meng-the 80s version had a good cast, but they distorted the story..
    and others...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I would love to see a good remake of:
    Xiao Li Fei Dao(the 99 version would have been good if they didn't change and butcher the actual story too much)
    Jiu Yue Ying Fei-haven't seen a remake of that for a very long time
    Zai Sheng Yuan-haven't seen a good remake of that yet
    Hong Lau Meng-the 80s version had a good cast, but they distorted the story..
    and others...
    I definitely agree regarding XLFD. I never saw the Vincent Jiao one, and the Eddie Kwan version was
    Trinie, have you seen the LBB/HHB version of ZSY?

Hi Hoju!
    I agree about the XLFD version with Eddie Kwan. Gosh was that version stupid!! Oh no, I haven't seen the ZSY with LBB and HHB yet. How is it? Is it more accurate to the actual story? The TVB version was really really bad and greatly distorted the story...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hi Hoju!
    I agree about the XLFD version with Eddie Kwan. Gosh was that version stupid!! Oh no, I haven't seen the ZSY with LBB and HHB yet. How is it? Is it more accurate to the actual story? The TVB version was really really bad and greatly distorted the story...
    I haven't read ZSY before. From what I understand, the LBB version is more accurate than TVB's. I'm a little over 1/2 done, but so far, I'm quite enjoying it.

I honestly haven't read ZSY before either, but my mom has and she LOVES it!!She read it several times and could not stop complaining about the TVB version. THere was also a Taiwanese version done back in the 80s and that one looked accurate from the commercial that I saw... Too bad it is hard to find it now... Please let me know how the LBB version is ok?

I'd like to see a remake of Jin Jian Diao Ling simply because I haven't been able to get my hands on the old version. I've been quite curious about this Wolong Sheng novel ever since I saw part of the text in an old newspaper.

Wasn't there a remake of ZSY with Ruby Lin and that guy? Haven't seen LBB's version, but I am curious as I am a fan of LBB. XLFD - Vincent's version was pretty good, didn't like the sequel though. HLM, they are remaking that, probably will come out next year, I think. The lady who played the original female lead became a nun (I think). Some of the other Liang YuSheng novels should be remade, eg Wu Lin Tian Jiao, etc.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

well if anyone wanted a remake of 90210 their wish has been granted.

Hi Hoju!
    Was it that bad? It's actually my favorite. I don't think a drunkard would ever look as good as Eddie Kwan. And this series got me into wuxia.

And it's TVB. Just that alone is enough to excuse all its shortcomings.

The blood stained intrigue.
    The grand canal.
    And xajh with hu ge and yang me as leads.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I hope they redo Legend of Chu Liu Xiang. I think the guy playing Ou Yang Ke inside LOCH2008 would play the role pretty ok. Huang Xiao Ming would have looked more comfortable too.

Hmm... I guess I would like to see a remake of 刁蛮公主逍遥王(2003). I thought the plot and actors were awesome, but it was really cheap looking. I saw the 刁蛮公主 2006 version, and while it certainly looked better, I thought the story was terrible.