Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Love in a Miracle

yes, yes. the enuch guy isn't evil but if we think back, none of the characters in this series are actually portrayed as "evil." most of the antagonists just basically made some bad decisions that causes a lot of chaos. everyone "thought" they were doing what was best.
    however, not being evil doesn't mean one does not deserve to die. personally, i thought the enuch kinda deserve to die. first, cuz he killed yammie. second, there was really nothing left for him anywayz. so dying is the perfect way for him to go.
    i also thought yammie's death was best for her. cuz she'll probably never be happy. i mean i dont want to think this but i have a feeling in the beginning bennie was just using her to get to the family. . .then he fell in love. but he probably wont be able to forget about destroying the family so he cant really take her away and make her happy.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Putting it your way doesn't that mean benny deserves to die also because he killed so many people including his biological father and hs father's wife? Just a question for you to think about.

I personally don't believe dying was the only way out for either character. Nor do I believe anyone deserves to die.

I'm sure if Yammie was still alive when Benny destroyed the family, he could have taken her away and made her happy. She wanted to get out of the family therefore after he accomplished his mission he could have taken her away. and being with him, I'm sure she'll be happy.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

sorry. . .i guess saying deserve is kinda over doing it, but i still think some of the characters may be happier dead.
    yes yes. makes me sad to admit but bennie should be punished for what he did. but i love him too much to see any fault in him so he doesnt need to die. hee. hee.

well. . .if benniie took yammie away ahead of time. . .then it would be harder for him to get the family to trust him, if even possible, so he could execute his plans successfully. however, if she stays in the family. . .all the stuff he does will definately affect her. and that might not be something he wants to do.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

hey guys,
    I noticed a lot of you seem to hold the view that Benny killed his father and 2nd mistress. I have a different interpretation and not sure whose right.

See, that scene in the living room when he pointing gun and father and 2nd mistress and 2nd mistress laugh at him cos no matter what, his blood is still Suen blood. It then panned to a view of the house from outside. then we hear gunshots. But we didn't actually see Benny shoot the 2 old folks. Now, i was wondering if he did or did not kill them but later on, we hear Benny's aunt telling Amy what happened to everybody. She says 2nd Master and 2nd Mistress remained in the house and refused to leave as this was their home and they will always stand by it and so they died in it. And there is a shot of the 2 of them sitting in the living room again with no Benny this time and they are just holding hands and we hear the bombs and explosions in the background. So I think Benny didn't kill them in the end. he may just have fired his gun out of frustration cos 2nd Mistress is right, he is still a Suen member although he hated them and ruined them. Then he left and the 2 old folks remained behind until they got bombed.

Anyone can think of anything that contradicts my interpretation?

Well I don't believe anyone deserved to die but I have to agree some people are better off dead than alive. *LOL*

As for if Benny really killed his biological father and the 2nd mistress, I was doubtful of that too because we didn't see the actual blood shed and later we are shown the scene where the two old people are sitting there hugging each other while bombs go off and everything. So I must say I also see your perspective.

However I just like to believe he shot them for their own good. *LOL* It's too common when the character going for revenge on thier biological father (or mother) can't do it. For some reason, I like to imagine the character benny played as someone who was able to go through with it.

Sorrow's Corner

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    hey guys,
    I noticed a lot of you seem to hold the view that Benny killed his father and 2nd mistress. I have a different interpretation and not sure whose right.

See, that scene in the living room when he pointing gun and father and 2nd mistress and 2nd mistress laugh at him cos no matter what, his blood is still Suen blood. It then panned to a view of the house from outside. then we hear gunshots. But we didn't actually see Benny shoot the 2 old folks. Now, i was wondering if he did or did not kill them but later on, we hear Benny's aunt telling Amy what happened to everybody. She says 2nd Master and 2nd Mistress remained in the house and refused to leave as this was their home and they will always stand by it and so they died in it. And there is a shot of the 2 of them sitting in the living room again with no Benny this time and they are just holding hands and we hear the bombs and explosions in the background. So I think Benny didn't kill them in the end. he may just have fired his gun out of frustration cos 2nd Mistress is right, he is still a Suen member although he hated them and ruined them. Then he left and the 2 old folks remained behind until they got bombed.

Anyone can think of anything that contradicts my interpretation?
    Wow that is very interesting. No wonder why I thought it was weird that when they showed their bodies again that it was intact. It was freaky cause I was thinking "How could their bodies stay that way for so long after Benny killed them months (years?) ago" That does make sense that he doesn't kill them but just fires out of frustration and they die from the war. Thanks for bringing up your perspective, I totally agree with what you said.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

I didn't think Benny kill his dad and the wife either. It didn't make sense.

I started to watch because of Amy and Steve. But as the story deepens, I feel for Ma Su. I wish that Ma Su would end up with Steven but unfortunately Amy is the main female lead. I couldn't shed a tear for Amy with all that she has gone thru. But when Ma Su got shot and died, I cried so much that I couldn't remember the last time I cried watching a series.

A lot of the series didn't make sense. But overall, a very refreshing storyline. The only happy couple seems to be Steve's brother and Ma Su's cousin. They are very cute as a couple. I can see the wrinkles on Steve's forehead. Amy still looks the same even though she around 40. I don't know how old Benny is but I think he looks in his late 20's or early 30's. Surprised to see ATV try to pair Benny with Amy. They don't make a very good couple.

i soooooo agree. yammie and amy is so much older than benniie. he's like 27!!! anywho, i'm still glad that he was in here though. even though the female characters are much older than he is.
    at first when i saw the scene with the house and gunshots, i thought that he might not have killed them too. but he was shown later saying that he already avenge his family and now he has to fight for his territory. so i'm not sure.
    i wish he didn't kill them though.

The writers wanted the audience to sympathize with Ma Su's character but I just couldn't. She was so mean and nasty to begin with and then continued to be so cruel although Steven attempted to love her, that I couldn't pity her. It was all because she pushed him away to begin with. She was worse than a spoiled princess could have been and more irrational than anything. I had a rush of desire for Steven to dump Ma Su so that he could, not only be with Amy but more so that he could be free from the treacherous hands of that family!

Oh yes talking about Ma Su brings me to another dilemma I had with the series. If at the beginning, she was so willing to run away with the poor servant, why did her personality suddenly change to demeaning and degrading of the poor working class? Were they differentiating a servant in her home compared to a villager? Because I saw and furthermore found no difference between a poor villager and a poor servant.

I can probably make the case that the servant was from the city whereas Steven was from the country. And countrymen are considered lower in the hierarchy, but Steven’s personality was clearly more honorable than the poor servant, which is how and why she started to develop feelings for him. However, she nevertheless seemed to have mistreated him more than she did the poor servant, although his scene was only for a brief 5 minutes or so, it left me thinking about the character the script writers were trying to have me symphatize with. I just couldn't.

Sorrow's Corner

The main difference was that she herself chose the poor servant whereas Steven was chosen for her. She didn't despise him per se but she definitely despised the fact that he was just another willing pawn.

Besides, after the servant gave her up for money, I'm sure she became more bitter, thinking that all those poor people want is money. I think she said that quite clearly in one of the scenes to Steven i.e. "All you want is money (that's why you're marrying me, etc..."
    Last edited by 2socks; 11-12-04 at 06:21 AM.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

That's true. I forgot about her choosing the poor servant. How could I forget? hummm... oh wells. thanks for reminding me.

Sorrow's Corner

My local TVB station just started airing this series today. The first episode seems very interesting. The series is very fast moving. Only 1 episode and so much has happened already. I'm going to miss tomorrow's episode. I know that the Suen family's only son (Suen Sau Fung) will die in tomorrow's episode. Can some give a summary of episode 2 for me especially how Suen Sau Fung died?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, is Chan 13 the scriptwriter for this series. I saw his name in credit.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-01-05 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    My local TVB station just started airing this series today. The first episode seems very interesting. The series is very fast moving. Only 1 episode and so much has happened already. I'm going to miss tomorrow's episode. I know that the Suen family's only son (Suen Sau Fung) will die in tomorrow's episode. Can give a summary of episode 2 for me especially how Suen Sau Fung died?

Thanks in advance.

yes he is indeed
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

creidesca, can u tell me how Suen Sau Fung died?

creidesca, can u tell me how Suen Sau Fung died?
    He was killed by the pirates on his way home after his business travel. As you watch the series, you will find out how it happened. I would say towards the last few episodes 30 onwards it will talk more about how the only son in the Suen family died.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    He was killed by the pirates on his way home after his business travel. As you watch the series, you will find out how it happened. I would say towards the last few episodes 30 onwards it will talk more about how the only son in the Suen family died.
    Thanks. Why did they wait so long to talk about it? So, episode 2 didn't show how he died?

Very interesting plot.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

My local TVB station just started airing this series today. The first episode seems very interesting. The series is very fast moving. Only 1 episode and so much has happened already. I'm going to miss tomorrow's episode. I know that the Suen family's only son (Suen Sau Fung) will die in tomorrow's episode. Can some give a summary of episode 2 for me especially how Suen Sau Fung died?

Thanks in advance.

Yeahh... I'm watching this series too
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Thanks. Why did they wait so long to talk about it? So, episode 2 didn't show how he died?
    cuz its one of the mysteries that will tie into the plot later which dealt with "how" they found out.

poor guy didn't even have a face.

This series sound goods. Chan 13 always wrote unusual stories.

I agree with someone who said that the sets and scenery looks very real. So, is the costume. The houses and clothes of the poor people really look worn out and u can actually see dirt in the surrounding, unlike the TVB series where everythingg is clean.

It's too bad that this series came out during the time when ATV distributor in M'sia closed shop. So, I can only see this series on TV. If I miss an episode, I can't get any VCD's anywhere to catch up.

From some old post in this thread, I gather that Yau Yin (Steven) made love with Man Ching (Amy) only once in those 7 days they r together, and then she got pregnant, right? Pretty lucky shot, imo. Wonder what will the matriarch do if Man Ching didn't get pregnant from that one night. Will she kidnapped Man Ching again and force the couple to do the thing again?
    Last edited by kidd; 03-03-05 at 01:27 PM.