Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Love in a Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    This series sound goods. Chan 13 always wrote unusual stories.

I agree with someone who said that the sets and scenery looks very real. So, is the costume. The houses and clothes of the poor people really look worn out and u can actually see dirt in the surrounding, unlike the TVB series where everythingg is clean.

It's too bad that this series came out during the time when ATV distributor in M'sia closed shop. So, I can also see this series on TV. In I miss an episode, I can get any VCD's anywhere to catch up.

From some old post in this thread, I gather that Yau Yin (Steven) made love with Man Ching (Amy) only once in those 7 days they r together, and then she got pregnant, right? Pretty lucky shot, imo. Wonder what will the matriarch do if Man Ching didn't get pregnant from that one night. Will she kidnapped Man Ching again and force the couple to do the thing again?
    You can get the VCD box set from sensasian.com. Since you are in Malaysia, you should be able to get them easily.

Well, it is just a show plus even tho they were together in a hut for 7 days, they did not have sex till the 3rd or 4th day and what a lucky shot huh?

Suen Lai-Lai is very evil and her brother in-law (the eunuch) is evil too. But both veteran actors played this character very well. To me, the most pitiful character in this series is Yammie Lam when she was forced to hang herself by her own husband. I was hoping to see more of Yammie in this series. But majority of the scenes in this series are focused on Yau Yin & Man Ching.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Is the series worth buying?

From some old post in this thread, I gather that Yau Yin (Steven) made love with Man Ching (Amy) only once in those 7 days they r together, and then she got pregnant, right? Pretty lucky shot, imo.
    I thought it was twice, then the wife got jealous and wouldn't let him go. The first they were drunk, the second time they were sober.

Wonder what will the matriarch do if Man Ching didn't get pregnant from that one night. Will she kidnapped Man Ching again and force the couple to do the thing again?
    Probably. She's pretty nuts when it comes to her family having an heir.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Even though the matriarch is nuts, I'll her props for choosing her son-in-law and her grandchild's mother based on their good characters.

I bought the vcds and frankly, I was a bit bored by the series. It was a bit draggy on parts of the story which really could have been dealt with quickly yet they went through the important parts of the story very quickly so I thot the storyline was interesting but the screenplay was not. This is one series I cannot push myself to watch again so I would say don't buy.

This series sound goods. Chan 13 always wrote unusual stories.
    I wouldn't say all his shows are good, but yeah, most of them are unusual... *thinks of MDAV III and Project Ji Xiang*

..*shudders*..

It's too bad that this series came out during the time when ATV distributor in M'sia closed shop. So, I can also see this series on TV. In I miss an episode, I can get any VCD's anywhere to catch up.
    I'm pretty sure some shops still have them available for rental. Try out those Chinese bookstores like Star bookshop, I think they might have them. I'm pretty sure I came across it sometime back. And since TVB took over ATV, they might have this show (not too sure) I'll check out my bookstore sometime soon if I pass by.

I don't think its worth buying cause they don't really focus on Ma Jing Tao and Chan Sau Man. Man, I really missed them in the series 'The Good old days'.

It's a wonder that u can actually get what I'm trying to say with so many typo errors in my sentences.

No, TVB haven't release this series yet. Instead of releasing the newer series first and move backward, they go and release the long ago series like Wu Zhe Tian, Thunder Cops and Forest Cat. I hope they will be smart and let this series jump cue when it's still airing on TV. This is the time when people are most likely to rent the series because some people will be impatient to know what happen next. I'm also very impatient now and would have rented the series if it was available. Tommorow Yau Yin will agree to marry into the Suen family.

Actually, it doesn't matter to me that Steven Ma and Amy Chan doesn't have many scenes together (because I never watched 'The Good Old Days', so, doesn't know great are their chemistry). I watch this series not because of them. I just like the story (I've read the spcnet review, so I know the gist of the story).

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    I bought the vcds and frankly, I was a bit bored by the series. It was a bit draggy on parts of the story which really could have been dealt with quickly yet they went through the important parts of the story very quickly so I thot the storyline was interesting but the screenplay was not. This is one series I cannot push myself to watch again so I would say don't buy.
    I agree with babyblues. Some of the episodes are boring especially all the scenes are Suen Lai-Lai, her sis-in-law's son & husband. Since I can't rent or even watch in on TV, I bought the VCDs since I like to watch Steve Ma & Amy Chan after they have such good chemistry in Good Old Days and Fated Love. After finished watching this series, I just chucked it a side after paying US$80 for the box set!

It's a wonder that u can actually get what I'm trying to say with so many typo errors in my sentences.

No, TVB haven't release this series yet. Instead of releasing the newer series first and move backward, they go and release the long ago series like Wu Zhe Tian, Thunder Cops and Forest Cat. I hope they will be smart and let this series jump cue when it's still airing on TV. This is the time when people are most likely to rent the series because some people will be impatient to know what happen next. I'm also very impatient now and would have rented the series if it was available. Tommorow Yau Yin will agree to marry into the Suen family.

Actually, it doesn't matter to me that Steven Ma and Amy Chan doesn't have many scenes together (because I never watched 'The Good Old Days', so, doesn't know great are their chemistry). I watch this series not because of them. I just like the story (I've read the spcnet review, so I know the gist of the story).
    lol, didn't really have any difficulties understanding what you're trying to say.

I'd recommend Good old days instead, I remember that show was pretty good, although the second part was a little....ah, I'm not gonna spoil it for you. They had great chemistry in that series.

I might be fropping by my bookstore this weekend. Will let you know if they have it available for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy
    I'd recommend Good old days instead, I remember that show was pretty good, although the second part was a little....ah, I'm not gonna spoil it for you. They had great chemistry in that series.

I might be fropping by my bookstore this weekend. Will let you know if they have it available for rental.
    I agree with Fantasy. Good Old Days is high recommended to watch but this series already shown in the local TV in Malaysia many years ago I believe back in 1999. I couldn't wait for the upcoming episodes shown on TV and ended up renting at the store about 55 tapes and watch till 6am!!! Steve & Amy had a lot of chemistry together.

The other ATV series recommended with Steve & Amy together is Fated Love. And thei 3rd ATV series together is Love In A Miracle.

Now that Yau Yin is going to change his surname to Suen, is his name going to be Suen Yau Yin or Suen Sum Yau Yin?

the series' pretty good

Currently, the matriarch is ok to me. Not that bad. She is just trying her best to keep the Suen family going. I actually kinda the like her because she has very good judgement of character. She choose a husband for her daughter not base on wealth or social standing but base on the character of the man. I think she has her daughter's wellfare in mind when she chose Yau Yin as her son-in-law. You can see it in her facial expression when Yau Yin falls asleep due to exhaustion next to Sau Dong after he carried her all the way back from the forest. He keeps mumbling 'Miss Sum will be ok now' and the matriarch seems to like genuinely like that.

Anyway, what the matriarch did is standard action of the olden day people. Parents (with the help of the matchmaker) are the one who choose the partner for their children in those days - 'fu mo ji ming mui cheuk ji yi'. Sau Dong is not the only young person who is not able to choose her life partner. Many other youngsters also go through the same thing. At least, her mom has the sense to find her a man with good character.

So far, I like this series, but it's pretty frustrating to have to wait everyday to see only 1 episode and during weekend it's even worse, have to wait 3 days (day 1- sat, day 2- sun, day 3 -mon). I'm not use too this pace because I usually rent my series. So, I set my own pace. Stupid Tai Seng. They should have release series that has not been released first, like 'Venture Against Time'. 'Thunder Cops' and 'Forest Cat' have already been released by previous distributor, so, everyone has seen it already.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-05-05 at 02:14 PM.

He's going to be called 'Suen Yau Yin'. Fat chance dowager's going to let him keep his original surname.

I kind of like this for its complexities. There's a lot of underlying messages, different layers of plots, different emotions and mostly, there really isn't one single character which is hateful from beginning till end. Everyone's actions is explained and I supposed that's life. Everyone has a little story of their own.

Glad you're enjoying it, Kidd.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

Kidd: I dropped by my bookstore yesterday. They don't have this series available for rental, but they do have Fated Love (also starring Ma Jing Tao and Amy Chan).

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy
    Kidd: I dropped by my bookstore yesterday. They don't have this series available for rental, but they do have Fated Love (also starring Ma Jing Tao and Amy Chan).
    Hi, why do u call your video rental store a bookstore. Does the shop rent book and video at the same time?
    Anyway thanks for checking out the series for me? But I don't think I will rent it. I've see it's preview before, don't think it's that interesting. If the whole point of the series is just the love triangle between Amy, Steven and Ng Ka Lai, I don't think it's my cup of tea.

Sorry for wasting your effort.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-06-05 at 01:54 AM.

What is the name of the actor who played Man Ching (Amy)'s brother. He is very good-looking. Why isn't ATV promoting him?

Yesterday was the episode where Yau Yin and Sau Dong were officially married. I really don't get 1 part of the series. Man Ching was clearly curious of what Yau Yin look like. But during Yau Yin's wedding day, when he was going from the Suen family's ancestor hall to the Suen Manor with the wedding entourage, everyone flock to the sidewalk to see but Man Ching was nowhere to be seen. She certainly was close enough to the scene because she was shown reprimanding the children singing nearby. So, why didn't she go to the sidewalk to watch like others did. This clearly doesn't make sense. If I know the person I was dying to get a look at was passing nearby, I would certainly go and have a look.

Anyway, I can't explain why, but the Man Ching character annoys the hell out of me. She didn't do anything wrong but I don't know why, I just don't like her. I like her initially when she first appeared, but the more I watch the series, the more I don't like her.

Maybe it's because she was constantly pining for Yau Yin and letting all her decisions to be influenced by Yau Yin. That is the only explaination I can give because that's the only thing she has been doing since receiving that letter from Yau Yin. But I really don't know why I was annoyed with this action of hers. She wasn't really stealing someone's husband or anything.

hmm...can any1 plz tell me where can i download this series?
    tq very much

Yesterday episode shows Yau Yin (Steven) left the Suen family an bump into Man Ching (Amy). There r many things to like about this episode.

Man Ching don't annoy me at in this episode. In fact I like her in today's episode. I like how she advice him to go back to the Suen family and try to work it out with his wife and I like how she took Yau Yin's advice to work it out with her own mother. I even like her when she was angry with her mother because I found her reaction very natural.

It is also good to see that Yau Yin didn't act meek and sumissive an let everyone trample on him eventhough his status is low in the family and everyone look down on him except the matriarch (Lee Heung Kam). I like the part where he finally stood up, first to that haughty servant, then to his wife.

It is also sweet what he said to his wife at the grave of See Yu (Yammi Lam).

Now, I'm really going to be sorry for Sau Dong (Ma Su) when Yau Yin falls in love with Man Ching. Poor Sau Dong, her 1 year with Yau Yin can't even compare to the few nights Yau Yin have with Man Ching.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-08-05 at 09:00 PM.