Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Love in a Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    k! thank you!!!
    No problem..........

I think Berg Ng, Ricky Chan, Remus Kam and Benny participated in the Ms. Asia Pagent too...Try look for these "2004 亞洲小姐" titles in the same category. I didn't watch any at all but Benny may be in some of those.
    Good luck.

ooh so benny chan's been around for sometime?? i didn't notice him before this. but his performance in this show's really good. very real.

and he sang the ending song.... oo he's good.

kidd i can't get the canto version of this show.. i kept searching and it ended up with mandarin versions onli :sweat:

Quote Originally Posted by rourou
    kidd i can't get the canto version of this show.. i kept searching and it ended up with mandarin versions onli :sweat:
    Neither can I. Since my interest in this series is not as great as it use to be anymore (but I still watch it), I've given up searching for this series and bought 'Venture Against Time' instead.

I know the theme song is a duet between Amy and Benny but somehow to me it doesn't really sound like him singing on the song. Hmm strange.

I managed to cap an upcoming scene (I have no idea when the scene is supposed to air) from a video I found (thanks to this site) so these are SPOILERISH:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...anchingpic.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1yauyinpic.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aps/1mypic.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps/1mypic1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...saudongpic.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../1kisspic1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/1kisspic.jpg

And a very short blooper I think:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...encaps/2-2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...encaps/2-3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rourou
    You can get it from sensasian.com, that's where I bought mine. Yesasia only have Mandarin version.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I missed the last 3 episodes. To fellow Malaysians who are currently watching the series, what happened in these last 3 episodes. I stop at where Yau Yin and Man Ching just got release from the tin mine.

erm... i haven't watch fully each episodes but this is what happened as i can recall

Yau Yin, Sautong, Tinchi, Manching, Uncle Ku went back to Sum Sui Siew Chan to visit his family and were greeted by firecrackers and cheers from the villagers. At first Sautong and Tinchi found it hard to adapt to the simple (smelly and dirty~ by the rich standard ) life of the villagers. This made YauYin's mother sad, but she insisted that she's happy enough with Sautong's willingness to visit them (tears). But with Manching's help and encouragement, Sautong and Tinchi opened their hearts and eyes to the warmth and joy of the villagers. At last the family eat, play and slept under the same roof. It is at this time also that Yauyin's mother revealed to him that she has an incurable desease. She tells him that no matter where she goes, she (and his father) will always be in their (Yauyin and Chitak) hearts.

Yauyin's mother passed away (more tears here). And there was a chapter with Manching going back to her village. It seems that Uncle Ku is from the same village as Manching. It was also revealed that 6 years ago Uncle Ku had bring back a baby girl for the family to care for. His reason is that the baby is his nephew's. Since he's working for the Sun family, he had given Manching's father the custody of the baby girl. To everyone's surprise the baby girl share the exact resemblance with Manching including her behavior and food that she likes. Yauyin and Sautong wanted to employ Manching to be their home tutor for Tinchi. Upon knowing who the teacher they wanted to employ, Sun-taitai objected fully on the idea. (we all know why ) saying that a person of such low stature should not set foot in their house, furthermore to be the teacher of her grandchild.

i missed several parts of the show.. anyone with a better summarizaiton please help :P

rourou summed it up pretty well so I'm just gonna recap the other parts that I can remember. This is from memory so I'm probably going to miss out some parts LOL:

Hmm... after Yau Yin and Man Ching were rescued, everyone found out that Kiu Yee was dying and of course they were very sad to hear that but Kiu Yee refused to grieve over that and insisted that Man Ching still owed her (because she saved her 8 years back) and that they should throw her a farewell party and that everyone should be happy during that and not sad over her. So then she passed away, after saying something about how Yau Yin and Man Ching were meant to be together (after seeing them happy and dancing together). Tin Chu and Sau Dong came to the mine and since Sau Dong saw how good a teacher Man Ching was to Tin Chu (oh the irony), she insisted that she come and teach him at the Sun residence. Man Ching had to oblige because the mine was going to be closed down by the Yi Lai Lai otherwise. Then they were supposed to go home but there was some commotion and delay in the train station for two weeks so they decided to take another way home, which passed by Yau Yin's village.

Other than that, Zhong Leng helped the Sun family to capture the bandits who killed Sau Dong's brother 8 years ago and so they were very grateful to him for that and invited him over for dinner where he charmed everyone. Then he went to pray for Kiu Yee where he vowed to take revenge on the Sun family. Sometime after that, they showed him visiting his mistress's grave (the one who got hanged by her husband, the Eunuch aka fake moustache guy) where he said he would get revenge for her and their unborn son. *gasp* I already knew that though so that wasn't shocking to me.

That's all I remember for now. :P

this is my first post ^^

well anyways i finished watching this serie a couple days ago, and seriously there's so much dramatic irony in here, it's really rare to watch something like this.

i loved benny chan's character (for some reason)

anyways just felt like sharing. :P

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i'm glad that the series has ended...but man, how pissed i am for missing the final episode!!....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

What happened in the last epi. I miss it too.

I don't know the last episode starts from where cos I watched it like half a year back but i'll try to give a rough guide.

From my memory, I think it was Zhuang Ning confronting the Big Old Master (husband of his lover) so I start from there.

Zhuang Ning forces Big Old Master to commit suicide (hang himself like his wife). Suen Yee Lai Lai and her husband rush in to see big brother hanging from ceiling and Zhuang Ning very pleased. Suen Yee Lai Lai confront him and he reveals his true identity, i.e. he is the abandoned son of Suen 2nd Old Master who raped his maid. Suen Yee Lai Lai is devastated at her husband's betrayal and realises that many times when she thought he was calling her wrongly, he was actually calling out the maid's name. She is very angry but unable to really scold her husband because he doesn't really know what's going on anyway. Zhuang Ning reveals his vengeance plan all along and takes out gun and swears to kill them....

Meanwhile, war has started. Everyone is running away and it's chaos in the streets. Yau Yin and Tin Chu get caught in the street. There are soldiers shooting in to the crowds at them. Sau Dong sees Tin Chu and runs towards him and hugs him. She happily hugs him with tears in her eyes and Tin Chu cries to be reunited with her. However, when the camera moves to her back, we see that she had been shot in the back when she rushed to Tin Chu, effectively shielding him from being shot.

Yau Yin, Tin Chu and sau Dong go off to the foresty area where they sit under a tree. Tin Chu is sleeping in Sau Dong's arms and she bares all her regrets in her life, how she has never really felt happy etc but is glad that at least she dies in this manner. Then she dies. (sorry, I summarised a lot).

Back in Suen Home, Yee Lai Lai and husband are in the living hall and ZHuang Ning is holding the gun at them. Yee Lai Lai asks why he wants to kill them? Her husband is his father. Zhuang Ning says there is nothing good in the family and he'll eradicate everything of Suen family. Yee Lai Lai suddenly laughs and when Zhuang Ning asks her why she laughs at the time of death, she says, you will never eradicate Suen family because in you, the Suen family lives on. You carry the blood of Suen family and even if your surname is not Suen, you are nonetheless a Suen member. He is stunned but he denies it and swears that they will die. He raises his gun at their heads and aims... The camera pans to the exterior of the house and you hear a gunshot from within the house.

Yau Yin and Tin Chu are escaping from the soldiers. He protects Tin Chu the best he can. However, a bomb blows up near him. He manages to push Tin Chu to safety.

Man CHing, her father, brother and her daughter are running away themselves. She is very worried about Yau Yin and Tin Chu. But hear no news of them. Years later, she seeks refuge in a temple. There are many other refugees there. They ask the other pple if they have seen Yau Yin. The people said that they did hear of a very capable and brave fighter with the surname Suen who died fighting against the Japs. 2 men say that it's their ex-boss Zhuang Ning who refused to run away with them but wanted to stay and fight against the Japs. Also wanted to become the true him. No more deceptions or hiding his identity.

Man CHing also realises that the caretaker of the temple is Yee Lai Lai's maid (the old one. Zhuang ning's Aunt). She reveals she had come to this temple after running away that day. Gao Sook died because got shot. Suen Yee Lai Lai and Suen Yee Lou Yeh refused to leave the house and they died contentedly in the house. (There's a shot of them sitting in the living hall, holding their hands and just waiting. Sounds of bombing and planes around them).

Years past, the war stops and they return back to the village. Sau Dong's cousin is there with a son and is reunited with Yau Yin's brother. The son is also very good at drawing pictures. Yau Yin and Tin Chu do not return. (Tin CHu and sister very big already. teens at least). Man Ching waits patiently for Yau Yin.

Back at Suen House, Suen 3rd Mistress's husband comes back. (the one who ran away to Hong Kong). He finds his wife faithfully maintaining the house. She says she never abandoned the house as it is Suen's property and she knows one day the Suens will come back one by one. Her husband apologises for all he has done and says when he went Hong Kong, he deeply regretted everything and could not forget her. However, their son adapted very well and even worked for the Japs. In the end, he had no choice but to kill their son as he not only was capable of betraying the family but also the country. He manages to move her and she accepts him back.

Back in the village, the villagers are still moaning about the loss of the well which made very good wine. Man CHing looks at the well and realises that it could be that the ground water had shited its track through time so it no longer passes the well anymore. The ground water track should still be somewhere around tho. So all the villagers dig around the area to try and find some water. Man Ching finds a spot which has more plants and deduces that there must be a water source under it. They did and find the water again. Everyone is very happy as it means the village wil prosper again. Man Ching is very happy and they make the wine again. SHe tastes it and remember Yau Yin and the time they drank together. She talks to Yau Yin in her heart and asks him to come back to see that the village wine is restored.

Man Ching is in the fields when a young man runs towards her. He is Tin Chu. SHe is delighted. But where is yau Yin. Tin Chu explains that they had been escaping for months together and Yau Yin always managed to make sure they were safe. However, he was seriously injured during the bomb explosion and he told Tin Chu that he will not be able to return to the village to see Man CHing and told Tin Chu that the journey back will be made by him alone. Man CHing is saddened and cannot believe that Yau yin is gone. She sends Tin CHu back to the village for some quiet time.

Man Ching heads for the hut where she and Yau Yin spent 6 nights together. Inside, she sees a man at the table fully bandaged. It's Yau Yin. He says he doesn't want to see her and doesn't want to return to the village as he is like a cripple and disfigured. She convinces him of her love and removes his bandage and kisses him despite his scars and injuries. You see them walking back to the village together.

The End.

now that's a great summary...thanks babyblues.if only i could watch it myself...to see amy again....sigh....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Great review babyblues! You should submit it to SPCNet ATV series review section.

haha. thanx, I did do a review of the show. Not sure if it was lost during the Great Crash. Do I have to resend it to them to post it up again? Actually, my recap of last episode may have little inaccuracies like time flow cos I really can't remember exactly how it was. But main events are there lah. maybe when I free and if anyone requests, I can do an eps guide? No promises tho. Cos I didn't exactly really like this show. heehee.

Babyblues, I hear ya when you said this series is not very good. There are some episodes which are boring and I ended up fast-forward them. The part that is most boring to me is the Suen Lai-Lai investigate how her son got murdered and seek help from Benny.

Also, all the flashbacks on Steve and Amy were blindfolded and start to touch each other. ATV just want to pro-long this series.

I think you need to ask SPCNet Administrators on the reviews and episode guide. I'm sure they will let you know how to go about posting reviews.

yes, i agree on that bubcas. that part with sau fong's investigation was way boring, to think that it evn took two episodes.....urrghh...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

this series is good...

Default love in a miracle

i watched a few episodes...i wana watch it cos i foudn out about it when i went back to malaysia!!!lol newayz from these few episodes i love the evil guy, benny chan..he's soo cuttee and he is so talented...
    Yin
    AKA total utter camera *****
    I like Men in tuxes

Great synopsis of the final episode, babyblues!

I've only been able to catch a few episodes now and then, but this thread has given me enough information to get the gist of what happened in this series. There are still 2 more episodes to watch (and hopefully I'll be able to catch at least the finale).

I like the way Steven dressed in all black with the hat.. it made him look so cool. And I think Amy is pretty for her age. It's too bad I missed out on the episodes when they were in the hut together. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use my imagination according to what people have said here. =)

Btw, the themesong is pretty nice. Benny's voice is great! And I enjoy the depressing tune.. keke..