Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Love in a Miracle

I do not like Charmaine either BUT it is a good story. check out the thread on War & Beauty & we sould talk there....

Banned

Any1 know any Info or WEBSITE of that China Actress, Ma Su girl

Banned

One thing annoy me that she is very pretty BUT her hair, it look black people, it like it braided, and it one style throughout the whole movie.

After reading so much praise on this series I decided to give it a try.

The beginning is so interesting and this series is excellent so far. The cast's performances are good and the storyline is so refreshing and really grasps my attention. It's quite cute and funny in certain scenes and others are so sad. I like watching everyone's characters. The themesong is really good as well, anyone know where I can download it?

Anyway, can't wait to go to my store again today and rent more. Hopefully it'll remain as good throughout!
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    One thing annoy me that she is very pretty BUT her hair, it look black people, it like it braided, and it one style throughout the whole movie.
    I agree, she had the same braided hairstyle after she got married to Steve thruout the end of the show. She is pretty tho. Anyone knows what other series she is in?
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas
    Anyone knows what other series she is in?
    You can also watch her in the series Hero on the Silk Road, starring Nicky Wu, Theresa Lee, and others. She's also in this modern drama as well as 1 other drama, can't recall either drama names at the moment.
    Last edited by creidesca; 09-07-04 at 03:01 PM.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Oh my, I'm impressed with this series. A very new and creative approach taken by ATV. This is sure one heck of a complicated storyline Its like dramatic twists and turns throughout the story.
    Somehow... the way Steven's character isn't so 'macho' kinda irked me a lil.... so used to him being as 'bossy/rich' characters, and yet the way he has to follow everyone's orders in here.....
    Very impressed with Amy's strong character in here... enjoyed her scenes with the blind lady the most.. they way they banter back and forth... kinda show their love for each other eh?
    Too bad I've only rented 1/2 the series and having to wait a couple of more months till I get to finish the last half
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Default A difference in similarities

I am watching this series as well as TVBs War and Beauty and I must say, I've been taken rather away from the later. The story is developing way more than neccessary, for instance the quarels between the two couples ( 2 lai lai's brother and wife ) and Suen 3rd sister and her husband. I guess this is a way of dragging the story line along and I am getting tired of the halted story. I had to basically forward the whole episode, I believe it was around episode 25-26.

(Yawn)

Still waiting to watch the developing relationshiop between Mr. Chong and Man Ching. That's the only reason why I am still watching the tapes. As for Yau Yin and Man Ching's relationship, honestly, I could care less since I really think Yau Yin should be faithful to Sau Dong ( his wife ), no matter what happend in the past.

Just my 2 cents ...

Quote Originally Posted by yufeifei
    I am watching this series as well as TVBs War and Beauty and I must say, I've been taken rather away from the later. The story is developing way more than neccessary, for instance the quarels between the two couples ( 2 lai lai's brother and wife ) and Suen 3rd sister and her husband. I guess this is a way of dragging the story line along and I am getting tired of the halted story. I had to basically forward the whole episode, I believe it was around episode 25-26.

(Yawn)

Still waiting to watch the developing relationshiop between Mr. Chong and Man Ching. That's the only reason why I am still watching the tapes. As for Yau Yin and Man Ching's relationship, honestly, I could care less since I really think Yau Yin should be faithful to Sau Dong ( his wife ), no matter what happend in the past.

Just my 2 cents ...
    actually, I found these parts rather nice, it was this week's worth of tapes in viet, and I was either at the edge of my seat or tearing up throuhout the whole thing. So I guess everyone's taste is different.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin

Banned

Heard that there are 27 tapes in Viet? It is gonna end next week?
    Seem like it a rush ending cuze it seem like right now there alot of things to solve out in the whole family.
    How does Ma Su die? I like her alot, she supper beautiful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yufeifei

(Yawn)

Just my 2 cents ...
    I totally agree with what you say!!!!! When I watch this series, it DRAG too much, everyone has different taste, I guess me and you just think different. But I would watch this series till the end though, even though it boring, the ONLY THING KEEP ME GOING WAS Sau Dong (Ma Su girl) or else I quit this series long time ago.
    I was watching Zhen Ai Yi Shi Qing with Vivian Chen at the same time, gosh!! That series is way better, in fact the paste of that series was too fast for everything, on the other hand this one is slow.
    I don't really like Amy Chan, I find her start to age compare to Steve Ma.
    By the way, anyone know what series come out by ATV after this one?

Banned

By the way, credesca?
    Am just curious, do you watch any other series beside ATV? Seem like all you watch is just ATV, sorry if my guess is wrong.
    Do you watch TVB series? Like Blade Heart? Twin of Brothers? Or any Taiwainese series?

By the way, credesca?
    Am just curious, do you watch any other series beside ATV? Seem like all you watch is just ATV, sorry if my guess is wrong.
    Do you watch TVB series? Like Blade Heart? Twin of Brothers? Or any Taiwainese series?
    if you notice my posts in the other forums (Taiwanese and China), you'd know I also what those. I've basically stopped watching TVB series altogether for the past 2-3 years.
    Currently watching:

I've been watching TVB movies all along and have skipped some pretty good ATV productions. What a pity since I've heard so many good things about them. Anyway, I basically watch everything...as long as the story line is interesting or if someone were to tell me that the cast is super exeptional! I think it doesn't really matter which production house produces a series..ATV or TVB, Mainland China/Taiwanese, they all have their very own good productions.

Heard that there are 27 tapes in Viet? It is gonna end next week?
    Seem like it a rush ending cuze it seem like right now there alot of things to solve out in the whole family.
    How does Ma Su die? I like her alot, she supper beautiful.
    Towards the last few episodes, it was getting boring especially all they show are Lee Heung Kam, her husband, the eunuch, the eunuch's sister's husband & son and the pirates. I was so tempting to fast forward them and get to the point. Then when Steve go back to the Suen family to help out, it irritates me coz it was so fake as if he can help or something.

How does Ma Su die? I better not spoil the show or else it will not be interesting anymore to watch.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Banned

I feel the same way as you, this is the most boring series of the year, if it not for that beautiful Ma Su, I would quit this series since tape 1.
    I hope that Ma Su die an easy death, or else this movie gonna be ruin, hopefully she die of sickness or something, don't tell me her death is related from knowing Amy and Steve together, that is SUCK.
    What series is coming out after this one? Anyone know?

just saw the ending...it didn't seem rushed to me, everyone was included..cept I'd like to know where Amy's mom went after leaving the temple (besides what everyone assumes, which is do good work as Benny's underlings had said she should do). And also what happened to Amy's bro besides that he was also in the war to defend their country. The series basically ended where it began, which was a full circle at the place where they met in those 7 nights...and taken w/ what was said at the very start of the series, it makes a lot of sense. Only one major complaint is that they should have extended the walk in the fields (well who knows, it might have been extended a bit in the field, but the viet dubbed version cut off a bit too early)...it should have ended w/ one long pause, w/ a bird's eye view of the field.

And Benny had a befitting ending, dying a hero, defending his country (did 1 of the villagers he helped say he changed his surname back to Sun? cuz everyone had thought the hero was referring to Steve at first till Benny's underlings, who've changed, said it must be Benny).
    Currently watching:

I don't kno why, but i feel strongly for Ma Su's character. She pissed at being ignored because she was a daughter, and then she gets all the burden when she is only Sun child in the family, and "must" bear a child to carry on the family name. Then all hell breaks loose when she finds she can't, and I just can't help pitying her, even though she didn't want the baby girl.

Her mother's horrible, her uncles are horrible, her father is useless, her husband is useless, and she'd just stuck in this horrible family.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

I totally agree with you, did you watch the ending?

It so sad, I cry so bad when Ma Su get shot while hugging Amy son, and she die in Steve arm wishing he would take her away one day. My gosh!! I cannot stop myself from crying, on the other hand, I FEEL NOTHING for Amy, I never sheed a tear for Amy. If you actually think about it, Amy is way more happy then Ma Su.
    At least Amy get a guy that truely love her, have a daughter and a son and have Steve at the end.

Ma Su is different, she has NOTHING, not even her own life at the end. it already painful enough that she a women and cannot have children already. Then found out that her husband are not faithful to her, OK THAT HURT.
    Steve should be more RESPONSIBLE to MA SU. He should not just leave her like that, at least show some HUSBAND RESPONSIBILITY. If I have a husband like that, after spend 7 nights with another women and sleeping in my bed thinking of another women for like 7 years. I RATHER go get a divorce or LEFT him a long time ago.

I can see Ma Su love gradually develope for Steve, while I see Steve love never develope for Ma Su. It really hurt enough to love someone that don't love you. If a guy that sleep with me and think of other women all the time and never truely love me, I rather leave him instead of live through the pain knowing it all along like Ma Su.

On the other hand, Benny character, I PITY him so much. U see it? HE SHOT HIS OWN FATHER. First he just torture everyone then hold a gun up and shot that old lady and his own dad. He deserve to die, anyone that evil enough to kill their own parent, DESERVE TO DIE. No reason is good enough to shot your own dad, without his dad, he won't be standing there to shot his dad anyways.

Well, last comments on this series, I think it bad. The only thing keep me hanging is Ma Su, without her beautiful face, I quit this already even though am a big fan of Steve Ma.
    ATV should air some other series for their anniversary cuze I don't think this series is good enough.

I totally agree with you, did you watch the ending?

On the other hand, Benny character, I PITY him so much. U see it? HE SHOT HIS OWN FATHER. First he just torture everyone then hold a gun up and shot that old lady and his own dad. He deserve to die, anyone that evil enough to kill their own parent, DESERVE TO DIE. No reason is good enough to shot your own dad, without his dad, he won't be standing there to shot his dad anyways.
    I guess you didn't read enough into Benny's character. He killed them for their own good. Cuz if they had stayed there like that, it would be the hated Japanese or other raiders that would come to kill them. And who knows what the Japanese or other raiders would do 2 the couple. Rather die by a Sun then by someone else you know? He had forgiven them--and you can see that by his changing his name back to Sun at the end of the series told by the villagers.

Throughout the series, Benny had tried forgiving, but people never seemed to take that opportunity, including his Dad at the end when he refused to admit he was wrong--even his wife said he couldn't admit to his wrong. Gosh, he even made that comment about people not taking the opportunity and keep on doing wrong several times in the series.
    Last edited by creidesca; 09-16-04 at 08:18 AM.
    Currently watching: