Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Old) Favorite Jin Yong Couples Thread (closed)

Default (Old) Favorite Jin Yong Couples Thread (closed)

whos your favourite jin yong couple ?

mine is qiaofeng n ah zhu

1. their love is short and sweet(till qiaofeng kills her). yang guo and xiaolongnu was too dramatic and lovey dovey, the reason y i hate taiwanese serials
    2. ah zhu stuck with him during his darkest hour when he went from hero to zero overnight and everyone wants to kill him. shes basically putting herself at risk by sticking with him. qiaofeng remained faithful to her till the end, he never showed the slightest interest in any other girl. in the case of zhang wuji and zhaomin and zhiruo, i also got the feeling that they're partly attracted to him cus hes the chief of ming cult. + he wasnt really faithful
    3. they were willing to give up their lives to protect each other. qiaofeng marched in zui xian mansion to save ah zhu when he knows everyone there wants to kill him. ah zhu disguised herself as her dad, partly to save her dad from him, and also to save qiaofeng from the wrath of the dali army in the event if he does kill him. the death scene was really touching
    4. they made up for each others weakness. qiaofeng has the tendency to be very violent + he can be impetuous and do some really dumb things.(going to zui xian zuang when everyone wants to kill him and believing mrs ma) ah zhu seems to be able to calm him down,+ shes pretty smart. as for ah zhu's weakness, her kungfu sucks. and qiaofeng will go through hell to protect her(slaughtering those wulin fighters when they tried to kill her) sadly, he cant protect her from himself. at least hes way better than zhang wuji who just let the persians take xiao zhao away.

GJ and HR.

Xiao Long Nu and Yang Guo.

WXB and wives
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

For now, I like Guo Jing and Huang Rong

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    WXB and wives
    Technically speaking, that's not a couple: it's an octet.

Guo Jing & Huang Rong.
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

For me, it is definitely GJ and Huang Rong.

For most wuxia novels, you can see when the couple fall in love but it is very seldom that you would be able to see how that love matured and deepen with time. GJ and HR has that.

Many readers assumbed that GJ and HR had a love at first sight encounter (GJ's case, when he knew that she is female) and they would be right. However, one can actually see that although both are in love, they are quite unaware of it at first. GJ doesn't understand why he thinks of her all the time but both accept that it is a mutual feeling of never wanting to part from each other. From that innocent but powerful attraction came a love which withstand the test of trials and separation. From begining till end of LOCH, we can in the little little details of how much GJ loves HR and vise versa.

For example (from the book),

When Yi Deng finished telling them the story of Ying Ku... Guo Jing and Huang Rong at the same time turned their heads and looked at each other and thought " when I was hurt, during my most difficult times, you are always at my side". The two reflectively put out their hands and held each other hand's tightly. Both hearts were beating erratically, their whole body flushed with heat. When they heard of the misfortune of others, they can't help but felt grateful of the fortune bestowed upon them, for the person whom they loved most is sitting right besides them......

Their love never ceased but stood the test of time... even in ROCH we can still see evidence of that strong love and devotion to each other.

Default BRAVO

clap clap clap.

zwj can do better.

off-track, a step into the past - xiang and his two wives (esp tingfang, who sacrificed so much for him)

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    For me, it is definitely GJ and Huang Rong.

For most wuxia novels, you can see when the couple fall in love but it is very seldom that you would be able to see how that love matured and deepen with time. GJ and HR has that.

Many readers assumbed that GJ and HR had a love at first sight encounter (GJ's case, when he knew that she is female) and they would be right. However, one can actually see that although both are in love, they are quite unaware of it at first. GJ doesn't understand why he thinks of her all the time but both accept that it is a mutual feeling of never wanting to part from each other. From that innocent but powerful attraction came a love which withstand the test of trials and separation. From begining till end of LOCH, we can in the little little details of how much GJ loves HR and vise versa.

For example (from the book),

When Yi Deng finished telling them the story of Ying Ku... Guo Jing and Huang Rong at the same time turned their heads and looked at each other and thought " when I was hurt, during my most difficult times, you are always at my side". The two reflectively put out their hands and held each other hand's tightly. Both hearts were beating erratically, their whole body flushed with heat. When they heard of the misfortune of others, they can't help but felt grateful of the fortune bestowed upon them, for the person whom they loved most is sitting right besides them......

Their love never ceased but stood the test of time... even in ROCH we can still see evidence of that strong love and devotion to each other.

GJ and HR

YG and XLN

GJ and HR
    XF and Ah Zhu
    CJL and HQT...too bad that later on CJL picked Princess XX instead of HQT

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

mm i like LHC and RYY (XAJH 2001, cute couple onscreen)

GJ and HR only in LOCH (80's version), dislike them in ROCH what the heck happen with their kids.

My favourite JY couple has to be YG and XLN. I mean, their love withstood the test of time, even with a whole sixteen years (its 16, is it not?) of parting before they meet again.
    Good people are Bad people who don't get caught.

One thing about Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's relationship that left something to be desired for me is that it was much too *perfect*. In a good relationship, couples will disagree with each other. Because they love each other, they will do their best to find compromises and solutions that work for both of them, but they do not surrender their individuality. They are in love, but they do not necessarily agree on everything. Strength in the relationship is built as each partner develops ways to cope with one the other's differences.

Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl, however, never had disagreements. This is a very artificial situation that tests the reader/audience's suspension of disbelief. They've had misunderstandings (i.e. Little Dragon Girl thinking that Yeung Gor refused to marry her, not knowing that the man who had compromised her virginity the night before was not Yeung Gor, but the Cheun Jen Sect Taoist), but not disagreements. This is too perfect to relate to. Nothing like that happens in the real world.

That's why it's a novel, not reality tv.

I like Yang Guo & Xiaolongnu, and Qiao Feng & A-zhu.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    That's why it's a novel, not reality tv.
    Good fiction should be relatable to reality, even if it does not attempt to accurately depict reality. The characters that are easiest to relate to are the ones that bear easily recognizable human traits, not ones that are so idealized that people can't relate to them. It's this same reason that causes some people to prefer Yeung Gor as a character over Gwok Jing; they see Yeung Gor as more authentic and true-to-life in some ways and thus, more relatable. While Yeung Gor's particular flaws make it difficult for me to prefer him to the more idealized Gwok Jing, I can understand where some of his fans are coming from: they want a hero whom they can more easily relate to. The same goes for me in fictionalized romantic situations: I can relate better to fictional couples who experience the kinds of problems that real world couples experience.

Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min.

That's rather unfair, Ken. Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu, together, had VERY little screen time if you actually think about it. Most of the damn time, Yang Guo was trying to FIND her silly arse because she jumped away from a perceived problem (ie, his marriage to Guo Fu, the comments made by Huang Rong about Yang Guo wanting to leave the tomb eventually, etc. etc. etc.). No time to have disagreements when you aren't even seeing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    One thing about Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl's relationship that left something to be desired for me is that it was much too *perfect*. In a good relationship, couples will disagree with each other. Because they love each other, they will do their best to find compromises and solutions that work for both of them, but they do not surrender their individuality. They are in love, but they do not necessarily agree on everything. Strength in the relationship is built as each partner develops ways to cope with one the other's differences.

Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl, however, never had disagreements. This is a very artificial situation that tests the reader/audience's suspension of disbelief. They've had misunderstandings (i.e. Little Dragon Girl thinking that Yeung Gor refused to marry her, not knowing that the man who had compromised her virginity the night before was not Yeung Gor, but the Cheun Jen Sect Taoist), but not disagreements. This is too perfect to relate to. Nothing like that happens in the real world.

Well, how much have we really seen them as a true couple. For more than half the story, they were still in the student - teacher relationship. When YG finally realize that Little Dragon Girl wanted to be his wife, they did not really have much time together as everyone was opposed to them being together and Little Dragon Girl getting injured and all the other obstacles that had gotten in their way, not to mention the 16 year separation. So, they were never really together as a couple for a significant amount of time for us to really make the assumption that they were the perfect couple.