Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 264

Thread: CarmanLee vs. DongXuan

  1. #61
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    woah...so much for the saying
    this issue is sometime quite messy especially you got stuck with the ones that you don't know of.
    It's just like back when they mistakened I and the person because of praising the same actress so they banned us. I got gack however it takes a long time for that person to be back in here but I think she doesn't want to post much in here for that reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertl
    yeah, sometimes when people go to the same university, only one IP address will show up. So yeah, it is not a suprise if members have similar IP, but email, I don't think it is the case.
    yeah, that MUST explain everything for me. no wonder why they assume that.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Linh-e-Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    They both look kinda alike.

    Looks I must say goes for Carmen, she's always so pretty. Very yuong complexion ALWAYS.

    Talents, I think DongXuan acts better, I've only seen her twice, but those two does it for me. Carmen IMO is wooden! I dont really enjoy watching her series.

  3. #63
    Senior Member redfirefly124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark
    I completely disagree !! How can you say that Carman is not "pretty at all"??????? She has big round eyes and tall slender nose with nice lips. Her face is very well-adjusted and naturally. She's considered a natural beauty. You can't find her beauty in other actresses. Of course she is very beautiful. How can you not see that????
    Beauty is the eye of the beholder, my friend. I find actresses like Alyssa Chia, Gao Yuan Yuan, Phyllis Quek, Yang Mi, Jiang Qin Qin, etc way prettier than her. Its all an opinion, so don't get mad.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

  4. #64
    Senior Member akayami djiho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    They both look kinda alike.

    Looks I must say goes for Carmen, she's always so pretty. Very yuong complexion ALWAYS.

    Talents, I think DongXuan acts better, I've only seen her twice, but those two does it for me. Carmen IMO is wooden! I dont really enjoy watching her series.
    did you watch dong xuan in xue hua nu shen long and bada hao xia ?
    itīs bit strange that you say dong xuan is better than carman because dong xuan is a newcomer but carman has acted for ages.
    in my opinion no one really looks better than the other. as you said they both look kinda alike.

  5. #65
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    did you watch dong xuan in xue hua nu shen long and bada hao xia ?
    itīs bit strange that you say dong xuan is better than carman because dong xuan is a newcomer but carman has acted for ages.
    in my opinion no one really looks better than the other. as you said they both look kinda alike.
    Acting for ages, doesn't make you a great actor or actress. However, among newcomers, acting skills that are genuinely good or great is a rare thing too, and yet, its not impossible.

    I've seen more than one series with Carmen Lee, so I'll comment on her. Carmen's facial expressions are very limited and at times, she was quite wooden in her delivery of lines.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  6. #66
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Acting for ages, doesn't make you a great actor or actress. However, among newcomers, acting skills that are genuinely good or great is a rare thing too, and yet, its not impossible.

    I've seen more than one series with Carmen Lee, so I'll comment on her. Carmen's facial expressions are very limited and at times, she was quite wooden in her delivery of lines.
    For Carman it's depend on the role that she act. To me her acting is considered a decent one. Some of the roles she have to act calm, and even cold too. Can't blame her for being too wooden for those roles require doesn't show much emotion, would they? Her face expression in a calm and mature. There are some actresses who act very annoying and too whiny.

  7. #67
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
    For Carman it's depend on the role that she act. To me her acting is considered a decent one. Some of the roles she have to act calm, and even cold too. Can't blame her for being too wooden for those roles require doesn't show much emotion, would they? Her face expression in a calm and mature. There are some actresses who act very annoying and too whiny.
    Okay lightanddark, I think you've made your voice pretty clear on this subject. And I think everyone respects your opinions on Carman Lee. And you know how much I like Carman Lee, but for you to keep posting 'against' another poster because their opinion on Carman Lee is different than yours is not very mature. Please take into consideration that other people can express their opinion, it can be a good or bad one, but for you to post 'against', explain or disagree with the poster is kinda irritating. I'm not picking on just you, but I've said this many times to other fans who become too 'over protected' of their idol.

  8. #68
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
    For Carman it's depend on the role that she act. To me her acting is considered a decent one. Some of the roles she have to act calm, and even cold too. Can't blame her for being too wooden for those roles require doesn't show much emotion, would they? Her face expression in a calm and mature. There are some actresses who act very annoying and too whiny.
    I'm talking about her other roles too, not just Xiao Long Nu. And not every role requires her to be like XLN -like.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  9. #69
    Senior Member akayami djiho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    814

    Default

    I've seen more than one series with Carmen Lee, so I'll comment on her. Carmen's facial expressions are very limited and at times, she was quite wooden in her delivery of lines.
    do you really think carman is wooden ? iīve also watched many series of carman and i think carman plays her roles very well. she can be cold , lovely , innocent or serious.
    Last edited by akayami djiho; 06-27-07 at 01:12 PM.
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

  10. #70
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    do you really think carman is wooden ? iīve also watched many series of carman and i think carman plays her roles very well. she can be cold , lovely , innocent or serious.
    There you go.
    I think so,too. I don't think she is wooden at all. In her other series, she can play cold(fanastic for that), lovely(stunning), innocent, serious, or even mischief(oh how funny she is). She acts very well.

  11. #71
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Beauty is the eye of the beholder, my friend. I find actresses like Alyssa Chia, Gao Yuan Yuan, Phyllis Quek, Yang Mi, Jiang Qin Qin, etc way prettier than her. Its all an opinion, so don't get mad.
    Alyssa Chia


    Phyllis Quek


    Yang Mi


    Jiang Qin Qin(Shiu Lin)


    Gao Yuan Yuan


    Carman Lee


    I know that "Beauty is the eye of the beholder" like you said but if one's prettier than others you can recognize right away. By looking at these actresses, I can tell Carman Lee is the prettiest of them all. She has grace and elegance around her. Her face is very well adjusted(eyes, nose, and lips)

    You said, "I find actresses like Alyssa Chia, Gao Yuan Yuan, Phyllis Quek, Yang Mi, Jiang Qin Qin, etc way prettier than her" I don't find that way.

  12. #72
    Senior Member ghostdarTeal'c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver
    Posts
    4,330

    Default

    wtf? why the hell do you keep shoving down our throat that carman is the best looking of all? leave red alone, she's entitled to her own 'who's more beautiful that who'.

    oh, btw, among those pictures you posted, i feel that Shui Ling looks stunningly beautiful than the others....and yeah, that includes YOUR carman too when i say 'the others'....

    take GuGu's advice, will ya? she's a carman fan too, but she doesnt trying to force down anything on us........

    oh yeah, when you start saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder' there's no possible BUTS after that....the whole sentence stands on its own without any buts....

    you keep saying 'i feel this' 'i dont find that' so yeah, we already know where you stand, but it's no good replying to posts that says a different thing that yours, and going against it by replying again and again how YOU feel.....have you not known that 'people are entitled to their own bloody opinions' around here?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 06-27-07 at 07:54 PM.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Linh-e-Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    did you watch dong xuan in xue hua nu shen long and bada hao xia ?
    itīs bit strange that you say dong xuan is better than carman because dong xuan is a newcomer but carman has acted for ages.
    in my opinion no one really looks better than the other. as you said they both look kinda alike.
    I emphasize again "THOSE TWO LOOK KINDA ALIKE" - the word KINDA emphasizes more than enough!

    Just because Carmen has been acting forever doesnt make her a good actress. An older teacher who had taught for a longer time, doesnt make him a better teacher than a new teacher who is more opened to newer form of teaching.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you cannot figure out what I am saying and cannot depict my honesty, tough luck for you!

  14. #74
    Senior Member Linh-e-Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    *raises hand* one here. she could pass as Gong Li's sister



    hhmmm.....yeah, a bit prettier...but i still like Gong Li's round (or is it square? ) face
    hahaha, i thought so too!

    Gong Li is gorgeous! Dong Xuan does look much like her!

  15. #75
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    oh, btw, among those pictures you posted, i feel that Shui Ling looks stunningly beautiful than the others....and yeah, that includes YOUR carman too when i say 'the others'..
    in what way? you mean the nose, eyes, lips, face structure?? I don't see how she is more prettier than Carman or even "stunning" than her?

    I'm not forcing everyone, I'm just stating that if someone is most beautiful then you can SPOT her RIGHT AWAY. Isn't that obvious?

    And about the "Beauty is the eye of the beholder" thing, I know many people think "beauty" in different ways such as small or cross eyes, pointy-shape or flatty nose...etc. are pretty in their mind. I, however, DON'T. I'm looking for the best nose, eyes, and lips of the face which made one's face very well fitted and adjusted THAT I think she's the most beautiful one. In this case Carman matches the descriptions and I feel she is the most beautiful actress with naturally beauty!

  16. #76
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
    in what way? you mean the nose, eyes, lips, face structure?? I don't see how she is more prettier than Carman or even "stunning" than her?

    I'm not forcing everyone, I'm just stating that if someone is most beautiful then you can SPOT her RIGHT AWAY. Isn't that obvious?

    And about the "Beauty is the eye of the beholder" thing, I know many people think "beauty" in different ways such as small or cross eyes, pointy-shape or flatty nose...etc. are pretty in their mind. I, however, DON'T. I'm looking for the best nose, eyes, and lips of the face which made one's face very well fitted and adjusted THAT I think she's the most beautiful one. In this case Carman matches the descriptions and I feel she is the most beautiful actress with naturally beauty!
    My third and final attempt at this.

    Lightanddark, ghost is NOT telling how those people are more beautiful. There is NO need to. Do you know how people like different fruits? For instance, I like apples and you like oranges. There is no way to compare the two to each other because it's up to the eater's taste. Just like how they see these actresses. Everyone has DIFFERENT tastes. There is NO SUCH THING as perfect nose, eyes, lips, etc. SERIOUSLY, there is NO perfect feature. BECAUSE EVERYONE IS MADE DIFFERENTLY. Something you view as the most beautiful lips, nose, or eyes may be the most ugly lips, nose, or eyes to someone else. There are NO set guidelines as to what beauty is. If there was, everyone would want it. The bottom line is, what YOU see as beautiful is not always beautiful in OTHER PEOPLE'S eyes.

  17. #77
    Banned lightanddark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    My third and final attempt at this.

    Lightanddark, ghost is NOT telling how those people are more beautiful. There is NO need to. Do you know how people like different fruits? For instance, I like apples and you like oranges. There is no way to compare the two to each other because it's up to the eater's taste. Just like how they see these actresses. Everyone has DIFFERENT tastes. There is NO SUCH THING as perfect nose, eyes, lips, etc. SERIOUSLY, there is NO perfect feature. BECAUSE EVERYONE IS MADE DIFFERENTLY. Something you view as the most beautiful lips, nose, or eyes may be the most ugly lips, nose, or eyes to someone else. There are NO set guidelines as to what beauty is. If there was, everyone would want it. The bottom line is, what YOU see as beautiful is not always beautiful in OTHER PEOPLE'S eyes.
    I know what you're trying to say. It's true that "There is NO SUCH THING as perfect nose, eyes, lips, etc", but THERE CAN BE the most beautiful eyes, nose, lip, etc. The theme is, if there are most prettiest thing(NOT PERFECT) in the world, off course everybody would want it, would they? Doesn't matter what everybody's perspective is, just your own opinion of this prettiest thing, you would think it's a pretty thing, don't you? Unless you don't have eyes or brain to say it ugly. I have a different and high taste in things and same as in beauty.

  18. #78
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
    I know what you're trying to say. It's true that "There is NO SUCH THING as perfect nose, eyes, lips, etc", but THERE CAN BE the most beautiful eyes, nose, lip, etc. The theme is, if there are most prettiest thing(NOT PERFECT) in the world, off course everybody would want it, would they? Doesn't matter what everybody's perspective is, just your own opinion of this prettiest thing, you would think it's a pretty thing, don't you? Unless you don't have eyes or brain to say it ugly. I have a different and high taste in things and same as in beauty.
    Gah, Do you not know what it means to accept someone's opinion and step away? Why must you continue to come in here and say "Carmen is so beautiful and graceful!"?

    The point Ghost made was that stop going in here after someone says Carmen is not beautiful. It's just going in circles. This isn't going anywhere.

    If someone has a different opinion, you don't need to come back and say the same thing you did the first time to try to convince them or whatever. I don't care. Just stop repeating yourself!

    Okay, I'm saying Carmen Lee Yuk Tung is not the most beautiful Chinese actress. Then you're just going to come and say she IS. Why can't you accept what I say and step away?

    Listen and then Step Away. Step Away....Step...Away.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  19. #79
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post

    Listen and then Step Away. Step Away....Step...Away.
    Someone's a little stressed out about this *kicks the hairball of hair that was pulled out under the rug*

  20. #80
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Someone's a little stressed out about this *kicks the hairball of hair that was pulled out under the rug*
    To Gugu,

    Sigh. Sometimes, we love something too much or believe something too much that, we can't accept to hear or see anything differently. Its only in maturity that we learn to accept the difference. But alas, some people just takes longer to see things.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •