Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CarmanLee vs. DongXuan

dark_knight: don't tell you not once mistaked in your grammar!
    And I feel my sentence is perfect fine with that.
    I don't want to talk to someone as mean as like you!
    Last edited by lightanddark; 07-02-07 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_knight View Post
    "there is someone's mistake in grammar" is a mistake in grammar . Oh well, I won't talk in this thread anymore, so boring because of you
    Holly Smoke!!! This topic started from "Carman v DongXuan" ended up to a "grammar" topic. This creeps the be-jesus out of me.

anyway: i think Dong Xuan should play Xiao Long Nu in the next ROCH version, don't you think akayami djiho?

Quote Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
    dark_knight: don't tell you not once mistaked in your grammar!
    And I feel my sentence is perfect fine with that.
    Ok, last post. "don't tell you not once mistaked in your grammar" should be "don't tell me you don't have even one mistake in your grammar?!" and "And I feel my sentence is prefect fine with that" should be "And I feel my sentence is perfectly fine with that."
    Sure, I do make make mistakes in my grammar sometimes, so I try to edit my posts when that happens. But it's not as bad as yours

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123 View Post
    Holly Smoke!!! This topic started from "Carman v DongXuan" ended up to a "grammar" topic. This creeps the be-jesus out of me.

anyway: i think Dong Xuan should play Xiao Long Nu in the next ROCH version, don't you think akayami djiho?
    Yeah, sorry to say, this thread is full of spams...

Quote Originally Posted by dark_knight View Post
    Yeah, sorry to say, this thread is full of spams...
    hell yeah, ya should be sorry. most of the spams came from yours since you've mentioned the 'grammar' stuffs rather than back to the topic "carman v dongxuan" ya think?

darknight: I missed 'me that' b/c I was typing fast so don't expected not to miss things out, I made just one little mistake and you go off yelling at me.
    And btw I said, "don't tell 'me that' you not once mistaked in your grammar" is fine. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    If you want to be soo perfect then I think you should re-write yours post "don't tell me 'THAT' you don't have even one mistake in your grammar?!" I added the word "that", now that ONE'S correct!

Gugu and Sparky: NOW...SEE what I'm TALKING about????

gugu: if you signed up a month after me than you should know what going. It's a big thing.
    Okay, I wasn't going to answer to this but it seems you totally got it wrong. If you don't understand something, don't jump to conclusions. Sparky and I were joking, the peas and carrots joke is an inside joke. I didn't think you'd see it as an offensive comment. No one else seems to think it's offensive, but whatever. Yeah, so all I'm clearing up is that comment. The peas and carrots joke is not towards you, it's between Sparky and I. It's an INSIDE JOKE. Please don't think that everything we post is about you. You're not that important to us.

And yes, your grammar is pretty weird. But I was overlooking that because I'm guessing English is your second language. So please, if you don't understand something ASK, don't jump to conclusions.

darknight: I missed 'me that' b/c I was typing fast so don't expected not to miss things out, I made just one little mistake and you go off yelling at me.
    And btw I said, "don't tell 'me that' you not once mistaked in your grammar" is fine. I don't see anything wrong with it.
    If you want to be soo perfect then I think you should re-write yours post "don't tell me 'THAT' you don't have even one mistake in your grammar?!" I added the word "that", now that ONE'S correct!
    I didn't mean to be mean. I wasn't yelling at you either, just sometimes I don't understand what you're saying. Sry if you thought that way...
    And no darknight123, I think the past few pages have more spams...
    Again, I think Carman Lee and Dong Xuan are both average.

If we all are Asian then isn't that obviously English is the second language? do you understand it or need I to say more?
    gugu: I know that everything you post here isn't about ME. I'm just telling you that it happended when people fight with each other, not only me. And if I say something that I you guys don't like then you start accusing me of being rude or mean person. I went through my all of posts, all I did was try explain things to people. What wrong people now a day!!!

Okay, somehow I have a feeling that if I post, I'll just make things worse....

lightanddark: There are also some Asians who were not born in Asia...and therefore ENGLISH (or French, or German, or Spanish, etc.) is their first language.

darknight123: Erm....there's a WHOLE BUNCH of spam posts WAAAYYYY before dark_knight came into the conversation...

dark_knight: I agree with your opinion.

~red
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    lightanddark: There are also some Asians who were not born in Asia...and therefore ENGLISH (or French, or German, or Spanish, etc.) is their first language.
    I think no matter where you born you're still an Asian and you talk mother language with your family even if you live in French, German, or Spain. Unless in other case you being adopted to German, French, or American family and don't know who yours real parents are, I think then you might not know your mother language at all.

is not like other threads have spams or anything.
    Last edited by lightanddark; 07-02-07 at 07:58 PM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow, im surprised you people still arguing with someone who's obviously do not have the capacity to understand nor evaluate the 'situation' that has been arising in here - all asians using english as second language, some 'mean' conversation between two persons, and or course, haha, efforts to enlighten us on how wonderful and beautiful and no-one-can-compare Carman Lee, now remember, people, she's not forcing anything, she's just on a crusade to prove to everyone that Carman is, in fact, No1 in everything......

so why dont we do the 'letting go' and 'stepping away' since she obviously cannot do that?

*sigh* Good point ghost. Yeah, I guess I'll just give up here, cause no matter what I say, no matter what I'm WRONG.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

If we all are Asian then isn't that obviously English is the second language? do you understand it or need I to say more?
    gugu: I know that everything you post here isn't about ME. I'm just telling you that it happended when people fight with each other, not only me. And if I say something that I you guys don't like then you start accusing me of being rude or mean person. I went through my all of posts, all I did was try explain things to people. What wrong people now a day!!!
    NO, your conclusion is again, wrong. English is not always a second language to Asians. I have nieces and nephews that are born here and it's their first language. For that fact, your jumping to conclusion is wrong again. To your question of 'need I to say more?' should be 'need I say more?' drop the 'to'.

'gugu: I know that everything you post here isn't about ME.' I know, I stated that in my previous post. Stop pointing out the obvious. I'm NOT disagreeing with you on the subject. You should know better than that. Obviously, if you went back and read my post and comprehend it correctly, you should know that Carman is the reason I started watching Chinese series, hence the screen name 'GuGu'. I did NOT disagree with your opinion on whose prettier, but many of us, actually it seems like all of us, have a problem with the way you deliver your views over and over again. If all of us see something wrong with that, then you should at least take our advice when we were offering it to you on a friendly basis. All you've done is state the obvious over and over again.

And no, you don't try to explain why you're stating the same thing over and over again. You just don't comprehend that part well. And if everyone whose reading and responding to this thread has a say in it, then you're the one whose got the problem. So, no need to ask 'What wrong people now a day!!!', oh by the way, it should be 'What's wrong with people nowadays?'
    Last edited by GuGu; 07-02-07 at 08:28 PM.

whooo-hooo.....i like that post, Gu!!

*sigh* if she still cant understand what youre trying to say in your latest post, Gu, if i were you id call it quits...... in fact, im not surprised if she keep on saying what she's been saying before this, and disregard your post due to her lack of comprehension of your crystal stated points.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-02-07 at 08:54 PM.

gugu: back to grammar, aren't we?
    did you guys read my post #131?
    I didn't say English is always second language. They can be first if, and I did said, "unless in other case you being adopted to German, French, or American family and don't know who yours real parents are, I think then you might not know your mother language at all". That means although you're an Asian but living(at a very young age) with French, American, British, Italizan, etc, you only know their language and might not know your mother language. You just jump in and accused me wrong *shake head*

ghostdarTeal'c : hhmm....so much "who's obviously do not have the capacity to understand nor evaluate the 'situation' that has been arising in here". You might want to take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    so why dont we do the 'letting go' and 'stepping away' since she obviously cannot do that?
    Ghost take pity on me. Yesterday I had a blast shopping but today I'm stuck at home packing. My life has gotten so low that I've started picking on lightanddark and PeterBanh (or his new alter ego).

lightanddark, I take it that unlike PeterBanh, you're not a very old person. At least that's the impression you're giving me. So based on that, I'm not going to pick on you or criticise your personality as much. However, what bothers me is your arrogance that your opinion is correct and that people should just accept everything you say as perfectly correct. Your "do you understand" is really unnecessary and you act as if people should just willingly accept your opinion no matter what. Also, your manner towards other is rather condescending although you aren't portraying yourself in a light that makes you seem particularly superior to those you are arguing with. Perhaps as you grow older you're grow out of this trait, because in my opinion it's not a virtue. More importantly, you need to learn to relax and not take things people say so personally.

If you dislike spcnet and find some of its members "mean", then perhaps you aren't ready for what comes with a forum environment (i.e. people disagreeing with/challenging your views). I am not encouraging you to leave spcnet - I don't care too much either way - I am only advising you to act in the best interests of yourself and your fellow posters.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

did you guys read my post #131?
    yes i did

I didn't say English is always second language. They can be first if, and I did said, "unless in other case you being adopted to German, French, or American family and don't know who yours real parents are, I think then you might not know your mother language at all". That means although you're an Asian but living(at a very young age) with French, American, British, Italizan, etc, you only know their language and might not know your mother language. You just jump in and accused me wrong *shake head*

at first i decided not to comment on YOUR post saying in what situation English could be the first language, cuz you know why? cuz i think it's outwardly ridiculous and childishly thought.

there are a million reasons why English could be the first language and not the mother tongue. among others, youve been living in foreign land for far too long that the language you use is English and not the mother tongue, or youre born in that foreign land and since your mother and father speak english hence it is the language that YOU are more familiar with.

you see, that idea of being adopted by foreign family is utterly ridiculous. youre mind is so cooped up in that one tiny space it cannot expand to absorb other things. all you have to do is OPEN UP. well, unless, of course, youre only 13 years old so the opening up would take some time, adding to that, your comprehension of human interaction is....hmm.....what can i say? extremely limited? which is the reason why we have a huge difficulty in explaining things to you?

all i can say is, after everything that youve said, up til now i only see you as a child who wishes everyone to go as she says. nothing more.

ghostdarTeal'c : hhmm....so much "who's obviously do not have the capacity to understand nor evaluate the 'situation' that has been arising in here". You might want to take it back.
    no i dont

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Ghost take pity on me. Yesterday I had a blast shopping but today I'm stuck at home packing. My life has gotten so low that I've started picking on lightanddark and PeterBanh (or his new alter ego).
    where are you going Sparky? going on a vacation? or was it just a shopping frenzy?

EDITTED: sorry, Sparky, i thought you were GuGu
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-02-07 at 09:45 PM.

ghostdarTeal'c: I think you're not very understanding. "mother language" is the language that your ancestor/family and YOU familar with. If your parents speak both English and mother language, then English IS your second language. Doesn't matter where you live at or born, you still talk your mother language with your family.

UNLESS I have a Philippine friend who were adopted into American family at young age and she doesn't her real parents are, she DOESN'T know/listen/say a SINGLE philippine word. In this case, English is her first language.

see the difference?

Sparky: yeah they're some REALLY mean people in here.

ghostdarTeal'c: I think you're not very understanding. "mother language" is the language that your ancestor/family and YOU familar with. If your parents speak both English and mother language, then English IS your second language. Doesn't matter where you live at or born, you still talk your mother language with your family.

UNLESS I have a Philippine friend who were adopted into American family at young age and she doesn't her real parents are, she DOESN'T know/listen/say a SINGLE philippine word. In this case, English is her first language.

see the difference?
    i think you got it all wrong, buddy.

mother tongue is the language of your race. youre chinese, your mother tongue is chinese language. if youre japanese, your mother tongue is JAPANESE language. it's not the language youre familiar with.

second language is the language that you learn to communicate with, but not so much as to use it in your daily life.

a friend of mine speaks english from the day she's born, she speaks in english with her family and friends. yet, she could not speak,write nor read her mother tongue, Arabic, even though her mother and father know how to speak it. so for my friend, English is her first language, and she DOES NOT know her mother tongue/language. see, her ancestor knows arabic, her parents know arabic, yet she doesnt, so gee....in your equation arabic is not her mother language? duh!

it's easy to say for you that mother language is the language that ancestor/family and you are familiar with, since you live in your own country (im taking it if youre chinese youre still living in the perimeter). so yeah, the mother tongue becomes the one youre familiar with. but bear in mind, it might not be the case if your family is living in a foreign land, and that youre born after your family migrated.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-02-07 at 09:55 PM.