• War and Beauty

9 64.29%
  • Concubines of the Qing emperor

5 35.71%

Thread: War and Beauty Vs Concubines of the Qing emperor

Default War and Beauty Vs Concubines of the Qing emperor

War and Beauty Vs Concubines of the Qing emperor

War and Beauty is TVB series with 30 episodes long
    Concubines of the Qing emperor is ATV series also with 30 episodes long.

Which one do you think is better?
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

War and beauty.

Im not a fan of ATV.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

well I'm a fan of ATV and TVB I think they are both really good, both end sucked and both serie had good actor and actress.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoey View Post
    well I'm a fan of ATV and TVB I think they are both really good, both end sucked and both serie had good actor and actress.
    Both are great but I like "Concubines of the Qing Emperor" better. For the concubines, I think "war and beauty" is better as their fight is more intense, better dialodge, more backstabbing, and better looking actresses. For the love story, I like "concubine..." more because the concubines aren't as power hungry and willing to give up power, money to be with the guy they love. War and beauty focus on the concubines more than 90% of the show whereas "Concubines of ..." focus on both the concubine and the society at that time (the war against drugs). The two leading male characters in "CONcubine..." are better as they have other duty other than talk to the concubine all the way through.
    One thing I like about "concubine..." is that the leading concubine didn't sleep with the stinking king and she might be able to unite with her lover in the end....

The common things about the two series are both kings are stink/stupid/asssshole/useless and none of the concubine/empress love them. The fighting is sucked big time, no wonder why the kingdom is weak.....

Note: The king of "War and Beauty" is the father of the king of "Concubines..". At the end of WB, the forbidden city attacked by the rebel whereas at the beginning of "Con...", the forbidden city got hit.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 07-04-07 at 06:11 PM.

Isn't Concubines of the Qing Emperor by Mainland China? When did ATV buy the copyrights for it?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

War n Beauty is better. There are too many unnecessary draggy parts in Concubines of the Qing emperor which I cant stand.