Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOCH if Yeung Hong were a girl?

Default LOCH if Yeung Hong were a girl?

The foundation of the LOCH story is the conflict between Gwok Jing and his would-be sworn brother, Yeung Hong. The deal made between their parents prior to their births was that if they were both males (which turned out to be the case), then they would become sworn brothers. If they were both females, they would become sworn sisters. If one were male and the other female, they would be husband and wife.

They were destined to become enemies, but in what directions would LOCH have gone if Yeung Hong had been a girl? It would certainly have complicated matters with Wong Yung and Princess Hua Jeng even further.

Should we assume Mu as a man instead too?

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    Should we assume Mu as a man instead too?
    The Muk Lim Chi character might not exist at all.

think the story would be totally different
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    think the story would be totally different
    No kidding.

If Yeung Hong were a girl, both she and Gwok Jing would have been obliged to uphold the vow of betrothal agreed upon by their parents, but would either one have been attracted to the other? What happens when the inevitable clash of ideologies and goals comes into play (as it did in the actual LOCH)?

If female Yeung Hong had the same ambition and greed as the man, she would flatly refuse to marry Guo Jing. She would have preferred to be married to a powerful noble, being the adopted daughter of a prince, that's what society would have expected of her.

If she were as beautiful as her mother, she would have a lot of rich and influent suitors to choose from. Guo Jing would have married someone else. It seems to me that Yeung Hong did not make such a big impact in the martial world, so LOCH would not be affected that much, however, there would be no martial arts master bearing the name Yeung such as Yang Guo.
    Last edited by Wellesley; 04-22-07 at 08:08 PM.

Huang Rong would kill her even earlier in the story :P

It wouldn't have mattered. GJ's master tried to use that vow to set up GJ with Muk Lim Chi, but Wong Yung interfered and GJ let her since he loved her. It would've worked out the same way if Yeung Hong were a girl.

Might have been just as interesting.

We can then have the ROCH plot of Yang Guo being the bastard son of GJ and he can fall in love with Guo Fu. He later finds out that GF is his half-sister, gets really sad and develops the Sad Palm?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Female Yeung Hong would be really spoiled and rich. She would think Guo Jing is too poor, that poor pathetic Mongolian kid. I am the future princess, do you expect me to love a commoner?

If female Yeung Hong knew about Hua Zhen, would she purposely try to get Guo Jing from Hua Zhen just to show that she is the better princess?

Would female Yeung Hong fall in love with Au Yeung Hak? Hmm, a female Yeung Hong might be the hottest girl in LOCH, based on her mother being a beauty.

Instead of debating who is smarter, we can debate who is prettier between Huang Rong and female Yeung Hong.

One important point is that YH's father(the Jin prince) loved him. I dont think he would care much about a girl that is not his. Could anyone verify that the Jin prince didnt have any other sons? If that is the case, then it is a great motivation accepting YH. If he were a she, then she would just live with her mother in the hut. She wouldnt be rich or powerful.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

i don't think it's quite the same because YK would have been the "actual" daughter. I doubt WYHL would have cared as much about her because she would have been seen as more fit for household, domestic work than battles, dealings with OYF etc. I imagine YK would have had a bit of a crush on OYK... maybe more than a crush.

YK would be prettier than Huang Rong

Have to disagree with 0-0-0 again.....

Of course HR would be the prettier than YK. After all, she's HUANG RONG.

Of course, thats also just me being totally byst.....
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Yeung Hong would still help her father (the prince, not her biological father) in the invasion of Song land with the assistance of those pugilists we have read in LOCH. Hmm...sounds like Chiu Man in HSDS.

Anyway, she would meet Muk Lim Chi but nothing happened since both are females. Muk Lim Chi's role would hence become insignificant and Kwok Ching would be forced to marry Yeung Hong although he was in love with Wong Yung. Yeung Hong would of course refuse to marry a nobody like Kwok Ching. In fact, Yueng Hong might use her beauty to the greatest use like seducing Au Yueng Hak or some Jin prince or even one of the Mongolian princes.

If she married Au Yeung Hak, she might master the martial skills of West Poison as she would then be the daughter-in-law of his and we have an ending of mighty Yeung Hong's toad stance Vs Kwok Ching's 18 Dragon-Subduing Palms (although Yeung Hong, being a female, would look strange when she fought).

Depending who she was married to, the fate of Yeung Gor remained uncertain and he might not meet SLL and we would have a very different version of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Female Yeung Hong would be really spoiled and rich. She would think Guo Jing is too poor, that poor pathetic Mongolian kid. I am the future princess, do you expect me to love a commoner?

If female Yeung Hong knew about Hua Zhen, would she purposely try to get Guo Jing from Hua Zhen just to show that she is the better princess?

Would female Yeung Hong fall in love with Au Yeung Hak? Hmm, a female Yeung Hong might be the hottest girl in LOCH, based on her mother being a beauty.

Instead of debating who is smarter, we can debate who is prettier between Huang Rong and female Yeung Hong.
    Well she could have just been as ruthless, and still might not like ouyang ke, considering the male version doesnt thought much of him saved a pawn, but might seduce him a little to twist him under her teeny finger. She might also make use of Guo Jing, using the "bethrotral deal" ~ pretended to be sweet and lovely but really plotting - she will used him to get people to her side in the pugilist world.

As for the prettier bit - hmmmmm.

Come to think of it, wouldnt the name Yang Kang sounds horrid for a girl???

She would obviously fall in love with GJ. All important and eligible hot chicks, especially the evil ones, must fall for the hero. It is one of the fundamental rules of Wuxia world, up there with “the hero never dies from falling off a cliff, unless it is near end of the book”.

So not only will YK fight HR for the position of the beggar sect clan leader, they would also fight for GJ’s heart.

And YG would be the bastard son of YK with either GJ or OYK. And GX will have a Luke Skywalker moment with YG if GJ is the dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeron
    She would obviously fall in love with GJ. All important and eligible hot chicks, especially the evil ones, must fall for the hero. It is one of the fundamental rules of Wuxia world, up there with “the hero never dies from falling off a cliff, unless it is near end of the book”.

So not only will YK fight HR for the position of the beggar sect clan leader, they would also fight for GJ’s heart.

And YG would be the bastard son of YK with either GJ or OYK. And GX will have a Luke Skywalker moment with YG if GJ is the dad.
    I love your views, Dimeron. They are so different.

yeah it ll be more like something Wong Jing would do i mean check out Handsome siblings? yeah then think everything s different ou yang kei isn t a pervert but isntead a decent guy like guo jing instead fighing for love against guo jing. another cool mei chou fong would ve been born. it ll be pretty cool to have that change but i wouldn t want that to happened but instead make yang kang his regular guy self but has a sister or something you know. then itll be better or something. i mean then rotch won t happen and it ll just ruin my whole idea of LOCH ROTCH. but still then it ll create a whole new story subplots characters etc and might even make heaven sword dragon saber better.

Yang Kang would dress like a young prince and do the exact same things the male version did. Mu Nianci would fall for it and we would have a great tragic lesbian ending. That'd really spice LOCH up as I think that the relationship between YK and MNC in LOCH as it is now is kinda boring. I'm trademarking this one hell of a plot. If mainland decide to adapt it, they will know who's best to pull the role of Yang Kang the lesbian off: me. Candide's Yang Kang would rock the show and seduce both MNC and HR, and steal all of OYK's female students right under his nose.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Candide's Yang Kang would rock the show and seduce both MNC and HR, and steal all of OYK's female students right under his nose.
    I think Candide's Yang Kang (in female mode) will steal even Hong 7 Gong who will forget about eating and Huang Yaoshi who will toss his wife's corpse to the sharks. Heck, even the director will want a piece of the action!

Even if Duan Yu rose from the grave or Dugu Qiubai travelled across time, they would be extremely pleased to meet Candide's Yang Kang.
    Last edited by CC; 04-24-07 at 03:14 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!