View Poll Results: Which Team Will Destroy The Other?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • "One Heart/Mind, Two Uses" FTW.

22 61.11%
  • "Redirecting/Reversal" FTW.

14 38.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team War: Team L/R Hands versus Team Reversal

Default Team War: Team L/R Hands versus Team Reversal

Team War Time! Blraaap Blraaap!

In this 3 versus 3 team war, we have Team L/R Hands (Guo Jing, Zhou Botong, and Xiao Long Nu) versus Team Reversal (Zhang Wuji, Murong Bo, and Murong Fu).

Guo Jing (Xiang Long 18 Zhang, L/R Hand Technique, Vacant Fist, Nine Yin Manual, Big Dipper Formation)

+ Zhou Botong (Quan Zhen Martial Arts, Vacant Fist, L/R Hand Technique, Nine Yin Manual, Big Dipper Formation)

+ Xiao Long Nu (Ancient Tomb Martial Arts, Jade Maiden Heart Manual, parts of Nine Yin Manual, L/R Hand Technique, Quan Zhen Sword Technique, Jade Maiden Sword Technique)

versus

Zhang WuJi (9 Yang Manual, Tai Chi Fist, Tai Chi Sword Technique, Qian Kun Da Lo Yee)

+ Murong Bo (Star Shifting Technique, a few elite Shaolin Martial Arts, 3 bonded finger skill)

+ Murong Fu (Star Shifting Technique, loads of various MA)

Which team will destroy the other? Discuss and cast your votes today!

I guess it depends on how internal energy is used with L/R hand technique. If it's split in half, then Zhang Wuji would have little problems manipulating each hand into fighting one another.

I'd like to see them try to manipulate Vacant Fist. By theory, if you use force on that, you'll be on the losing end (although if you have superior internal energy, you won't be injured). Since it's "empty", even if you could manipulate the attack, it wouldn't do much.

As for XLN, they'll have to be able to see through the hypnotic illusions first.

What are the main differences between Ming Sect's QKDLY and Murong Family's Star Shifting Technique? And how does the manipulation become harder if the L/R Hand user does not split the internal energy ratio for both hands by 50:50? Shouldn't the manipulation be hard either way because its like having to deal with two different moves at exactly the same time?

no.. QKDLY is a like a forcefield when used and sorta just repells everything.. it's 9 yang except it can take it .. subude it much like taichi and turn it back. the QKDLY is better than the star shifting because SS only immitates, QKDLY finds weaknesses and also can redirect the attack and immitate so in other words you don't HAVE to learn the attack to redirect it... quite frankly I think L/R will work NOT against ZWJ cuz assuming we disregard the fluke of the true power of 9 yang vs. XM Elders.. 9Yang can reflect any attack as long as the holder's internal energy is greater than the attacker. Now as we all know for L/R to be effective you can't use all ur internal energy on hand.. retract and then send another full powered palm.. that would make the L/R pointless considering the point is to send two moves at the same time. You have to do 50/50 or something of that.. I'm pretty sure ZWJ has the internal energy of at least 50% of ZBT and GJ.. and definetly 150% of XLN at least. So therefore I think ZWJ's 9yang can kick in quite easily.. and not to mention QKDLY's reflect/deflect thingie works in the same philosopy as 9yang..user's internal>attacker.. reflection/deflection. So assuming GJ and ZBT or any two gang up on ZWJ.. it shouldn't be a problem. And even if this were all ganging up on ZWJ.. I'm sure ZWJ can stall quite nicely with Taichi/ QKDLY and 9 yang to support the two resource-hogging skills and have his two partners knock out in there.

And even if it's like dealing with both moves at the same time.. QKDLY as the first blockroad and then 9 yang to support it.

P.S. I am just analyazing the SKILLS and person's internal energy, no "fighter's instinct" or other "fighter variables"
    Last edited by batmankiller; 04-23-07 at 06:05 PM.

i've read somewhere on the forum that MRB could not redirect XF's Dragon Palm completely 180 degrees, is this because the Murong Family has not learned the art inside out and thus, putting a limit to the extent Star Shifting Technique could be used against the Dragon Palms? or is it more accredited to the ownage that XF is always putting out?

Based on the fact, that Murong family did not have much knowledge on Quan Zhen and Ancient Tomb MA, would it be fair to say that both Murong Bo and Murong Fu will have to exert quite some effort in imitating/redirecting such attacks?

It does seem that, in terms of reversals/redirecting, ZWJ would have the "easiest" time among the whole team due to the fact that QKDLY is able to imitate without prior knowledge...

No. QKDNY is NOT magic.

But LDA is a magic missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    But LDA is a magic missile.
    o yes, to win the team war, forget the reversals...MRB can always execute his uber LDA finger skill on all 3 at the same time like firing 3 guns, changing its skill name from 3 bonded finger to "3 kills" finger.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    No. QKDNY is NOT magic.
    IT can still imitate without prior knowledge since it gives you knowledge as you watch and learn it soemwhat like that

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    Based on the fact, that Murong family did not have much knowledge on Quan Zhen and Ancient Tomb MA, would it be fair to say that both Murong Bo and Murong Fu will have to exert quite some effort in imitating/redirecting such attacks?
    Well if this can be used then can't it also be said that the guys don't know of ZWJ's skills and then they all decide to gang up on him and he reflects everything back? Think in this case it's smart o first evaulate skills vs skills.. then fighter variables

ZWJ holds down GJ and ZBT. Father and son Murong finished out XLN (easy). Then they take down ZBT (much harder). GJ is the last to go. This is the only scenario that i can see that would make the reversal team win relatively easy.

One on one is could go either way. ZWJ would win over XLN, draw with GJ and might loose to ZBT(he's just to wierd to fight). MRB would win over XLN and ZBT(MRB is more ruthless) and loose againts GJ. MRF would only win over XLN.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    ZWJ holds down GJ and ZBT. Father and son Murong finished out XLN (easy). Then they take down ZBT (much harder). GJ is the last to go. This is the only scenario that i can see that would make the reversal team win relatively easy.

One on one is could go either way. ZWJ would win over XLN, draw with GJ and might loose to ZBT(he's just to wierd to fight). MRB would win over XLN and ZBT(MRB is more ruthless) and loose againts GJ. MRF would only win over XLN.
    Murong Bo would be enough to take out XLN quickly.

ZWJ and MRF would try to keep GJ and ZBT busy till MRB defeats XLN, provided that MRF doesn't get defeated first.
    ZWJ would have to help MRF for him to hold out against 2 Greats...

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    Murong Bo would be enough to take out XLN quickly.

ZWJ and MRF would try to keep GJ and ZBT busy till MRB defeats XLN, provided that MRF doesn't get defeated first.
    ZWJ would have to help MRF for him to hold out against 2 Greats...
    I assigned MRF to MRB because I didnt want him to get in ZWJ way.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

i've read somewhere on the forum that MRB could not redirect XF's Dragon Palm completely 180 degrees, is this because the Murong Family has not learned the art inside out and thus, putting a limit to the extent Star Shifting Technique could be used against the Dragon Palms? or is it more accredited to the ownage that XF is always putting out?
    Murong Bo could not completely dissipate Xiao Feng's palm strike because Xiao Feng's palm strike contained more force than Murong Bo could handle. This is another implication that Xiao Feng is slightly better than Papa Murong and Papa Xiao.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Murong Bo could not completely dissipate Xiao Feng's palm strike because Xiao Feng's palm strike contained more force than Murong Bo could handle. This is another implication that Xiao Feng is slightly better than Papa Murong and Papa Xiao.
    wait but i recall watching from DGSD '96 that the manual for XL18Z was missing from that MA library place? or did it went missing after MRB learnt the art?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    It shows that Xiao Feng has a fiercer strike, but not necessarily that Xiao Feng could defeat either of them. If a fierce strike won all fights, none of the Greats would have been able to defeat Hong Qi. Also, I'm sure that a young Zhang Wuji with only 9 Yang could throw a fiercer strike than just about anybody in HSDS could dissapate, however, it did not mean that Zhang Wuji could defeat those people in a fight.

Actually it means XF's internal energy is more refined or just superior/greater than MRB.. I mean I think the theory behind SS is similiar to 9 yang and QKDLY.. only able to reflect or disspaite if internal energy is equal or greater than the attacker

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    wait but i recall watching from DGSD '96 that the manual for XL18Z was missing from that MA library place? or did it went missing after MRB learnt the art?
    The XL18Z manual was missing in the Murong family library, but Shifting North Star technique does not need to know the opponent's moves. It simply shifts the opponent's moves back to the opponent on the fly. It can also shift the opponent's move to a third party if the opponent's move is too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    It shows that Xiao Feng has a fiercer strike, but not necessarily that Xiao Feng could defeat either of them. If a fierce strike won all fights, none of the Greats would have been able to defeat Hong Qi. Also, I'm sure that a young Zhang Wuji with only 9 Yang could throw a fiercer strike than just about anybody in HSDS could dissapate, however, it did not mean that Zhang Wuji could defeat those people in a fight.
    Yeah, Xiao Feng's strike is more fierce than Murong Bo. Yang Guo's strike is also more fierce than Huang Yaoshi. But In ROCH, a finger flick from Huang Yaoshi had no problem dissipating Yang Guo's Sad Palm. That a finger strike from Murong Bo (which is capable of killing first class fighters from 40+ feet away) could not dissipate Xiao Feng's attack Really showcases Xiao Feng's might in perspective.

I doubt that Huang Yaoshi or any Great in ROCH has the hope of dissipating that palm strike from Xiao Feng, except *maybe* Zhou Botong's Vacant Fist.

There are more evidences to suggest Xiao Feng's marginal superiority over his father and Murong Bo:

1. When father and son Xiao were chasing after Murong Bo, Jin Yong wrote: "In terms of martial arts, Xiao Yuanshan is on par with Murong Bo; since Murong Bo had started running first, it would be nearly impossible for Xiao Yuanshan to catch up. HOWEVER, Xiao Feng is now in his prime, his strength and martial arts at the peak of perfection; he powered up his internal energy to maximize his speed..." --> The words of choice in the description suggests that Xiao Feng is slightly above papa Murong and Xiao.

2. In the same scene, Xiao Feng launched a long distance attack at Murong Bo from 20+ feet away. When Murong Bo blocked the attack, he felt a sharp pain in his arm, which startled him.

3. Earlier when Xiao Feng was chasing his father, Xiao Feng demonstrated the ability to speak clearly while not slowing down. However, his father had to stop running in order to speak, attributing this to his older age (Xiao Yuanshan said so).

All of these evidences suggest that Xiao Feng is slightly more powerful in the field of martial arts..