View Poll Results: Which Team Will Destroy The Other?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • "One Heart/Mind, Two Uses" FTW.

22 61.11%
  • "Redirecting/Reversal" FTW.

14 38.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team War: Team L/R Hands versus Team Reversal

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    since during the fight with Ah San, he was able to use Taiji in one hand, and QKDNY in the other...
    I believe you were referring to this, so correct me if I'm wrong:

张无忌一面躲闪,心下转念:“我只逃不斗,岂不是输了?这太极拳我还不大会使,且以挪移乾坤的功夫,跟他斗 上一斗。”一个回身,双手摆一招太极拳中“野马分鬃”的架式,左手却已使出乾坤大挪移的手法

While dodging, Zhang Wuji thought: “If I keep running without fighting, wouldn't that be losing? Since I'm not yet proficient at Taiji Fist, I'll have to use Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi.”

He turned around, both hands executed Taiji Fist's defensive stance “Wild Horse's Mane”. His left hand unleashed Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi techniques.
    (From dgfds01's translation)

If it is, then you must know, it was only the posture that resembled Taiji, and he did it with both hands. What really happened was that he was using mainly his QKDNY techniques to fend off his opponent's moves. It was not the combined effort of both skills which brought Ah San under control.

however, during the battle at Brightness Peak, he himself was able to see the kungfu styles of Wudang 1st hero and White eagle king, but he did understand the basics or the logic behind their movements due to the art of 9yang... so he might not be able to understand the basis of the L/R technique...
    It was stated that ZWJ could understand all internal energy cultivation thanks to 9 Yang, and his QKDNY helps him to understand all(?) physical attacks. Which of the above category do you think L/R technique falls under?

Yes, good points by PacifIAn. Another unconventional art which I doubt Zhang Wuji could mimic to the fullest extent on the spot would be Sad Palms, which is connected with Yang Guo's mind.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yea that's what I need pacifican thanks.. I was pretty sure he couldn't just didn't know the explanation :P

And although i disagree with ZWJ being able to learn L/R dual hand.. I do believe he can counter L/R considering all the possibilities of how it works is listed on page 2

Originally Posted by Pacifian
    It was stated that ZWJ could understand all internal energy cultivation thanks to 9 Yang, and his QKDNY helps him to understand all(?) physical attacks. Which of the above category do you think L/R technique falls under?
    opps! sorry, i meant that ZWJ did not understand the basis of Wudang 1st hero and the white Eagle king... the passage is here...

But after learning Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, his abilities have raised another notch. There are many flaws in Song and Yin’s moves, but also none. The only reason Zhang WuJi thinks this way is because of Jiu Yang Shen Gong. His methods for beating the enemy might succeed, but certainly no better than the ones Yin and Song are using. Because no one else can use them. It’s the same as a bird watching a lion fight a tiger, thinking why doesn’t one just fly up and attack from above? Although lions and tigers are powerful, they still cannot fly. Zhang WuJi is hardly knowledgeable about these things, so he couldn’t figure it out
    might be Irreverent though...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

back to my scenario of GJ using "Proud Dragon Shows Remorse" on the left hand and a Vacant Fist move with his right hand, (GJ using L/R Hand Technique) in a single simultaneous hit on ZWJ, i think ZWJ can mimic this simultaneous hit (containing two completely different MAs, being XL18Z and Vacant Fist) without having to know L/R Hand Technique, through the usage of QKDLY.

technically speaking, if ZWJ sees GJ's hit as a two-handed "single move", ZWJ can assume this move to be part of an amazing, ingenious, individual MA instead of two completely different MAs being combined together.

in that sense, ZWJ can mimic such a move, without having to go into the intricate details of how the mind needs to work to able to use L/R Hand Technique. there is no need for all that because ZWJ simply sees it as a two-handed "single move".

so in conclusion, QKDLY, in the hands of Z3F, is like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    opps! sorry, i meant that ZWJ did not understand the basis of Wudang 1st hero and the white Eagle king... the passage is here...

might be Irreverent though...
    then you would be wrong here...
    He DID understand the basis and saw the weaknesses right then and there... stated in novel

Originally Posted by batmankiller

then you would be wrong here...
    He DID understand the basis and saw the weaknesses right then and there... stated in novel
    but the passage did mention that although there were flaws, there were also none... which may seem to indicate that ZWJ has not fully understand the basis of the martial arts as yet, or it could be due to the principles of his Jiu Yang Shen Gong...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Umm no it said he saw weaknesses, think it's enough to deduce then he was able to see them through QKDLY (said through ZWJ) and other opinions probably self-doubt of his abilities or thinking there's more to it than that cuz he knew his uncle and martial great-uncle were great martial artists and that he would not be able to see through them so easily

MRB destroys XLN with LDA (1 hit KO). GJ fights ZWJ. ZBT defeats MRF but then is defeated by MRB. GJ defeats ZWJ and then loses against the might of MRB. Team Reversal ftw!

L/R technique is overrated as hell once again

has the book ever shown any of them performing strong art skills, different kind of swordsmanship for each hand is no difference then fighting with 2 swords from same arts...at the end its still 2 swords swiping...

none of the L/R fighters are on the same level as MRB

MRF is like a hax fighter with full knowledge of whats good/bad swordsmanship to counter against, even though his a crap fighter he can still put up a good fight...

ZWJ > xln, zbt

the L/R fighters have no defense when weilding 2 swords or fightin palms with MRB+ZWJ....plus inferior inner khi