View Poll Results: Are you a fan of Guo Jing or Yeung Gor?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Yeung Gor, I dislike Guo Jing - YG is so romantic

14 15.22%
  • I like Guo Jing, I dislike Yeung Gor - GJ is so patriotic

31 33.70%
  • I actually like both Yeung Gor and Guo Jing - two heroes

40 43.48%
  • I actually dislike both Yeung Gor and Guo Jing - two losers

7 7.61%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are you a fan of Guo Jing or Yeung Gor?

I cannot select the options in the pol. I like GJ better but not because he is patriotic, and do not detest YG because he had his priority wrong. YG and GJ both are good men, both are determine and true to their path. YG's path is less patriotic sure, but everyone should be free to choose his priority. But there is one thing YG lack, he should be able to handle himself better than he did. There is a few times in his life that YG could do better than he did. GJ on the other hand seems to do the best he could all the time. that is why I like GJ better.

i preferred Guo Jing. Yang Guo seriously annoyed me and because of that, I boycotted ROCH in subsequent remakes of the video, though I rather like XLN.

Guo Jing is more likeable...though even ZWJ is alot better than YG. But he's probably best for XLN because he's supremely devoted to her. but apart from that, hell annoying.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Default Anyone agree? That Yang Guo is better than Guo Jing?

I like Yang Guo better than Guo Jing. Like Guo Jing is so stupid and all, and so boring. Yang Guo, on the other hand, is funny and annoying at times, but actually has a good heart. I heard that he is sometimes too yaaa to other girls, and that's a main reason why a lot of people don't like him as much. But hey, he doesn't like them right? He treats them all as sisters, or friends. The only girl that he would ever like is Xiaolongnu. I know that Guo Jing is more loyal and all... but blah blah there's smt about him that makes his soo.... so that I dislike him. Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    BEFORE YOU READ ON:
    1) Visit http://www.nevetsoft.com/nevetspath/test.html and determine your personality*
    2) Determine whether you are more agreeable with Guo Jing or Yang Guo

* Disclaimer: I developed this. I'm not a professional psychologist. It may not be 100% correct. So, don't sue me if this leads you to have a distorted view of yourself. The MBTI test must be administered by a qualified personnel. Also, I have not wrote a description of the variants within the temperament groups (except the Rationals and some of the Artisans).

------------------------

This is not about who's martial arts is better (I put my money on YG). Instead of studying them, let's study us. Why some loves YG and can't stand GJ and vice versa (I'm in the YG camp ).

Coke vs. Pepsi
    Man U vs. Liverpool
    Disney vs. Warner Bros
    IBM vs. Apple
    Guo Jing vs. Yang Guo

While preference for the first 4 rivals have much to do with product differentiation, brand loyalty and wonders of marketing wizardry, GJ vs. YG only has JY's novel (and TV adaptations/comics/etc) to base upon. And unlike the first 4, the GJ vs. YG phenomena is about two human beings, not products.

My take is this. One theory of modern psychology, especially in the field of personality, as a result of the works by Carl Jung, Myers-Briggs, and David Keirsey, has categorised people under four main temperaments - Artisans (SP), Guardians (SJ), Rationals (NT), Idealists (NF).

Artisans and Guardians share the trait of having "concrete communication" (the S for Sensing factor), while Rationals and Idealists share the trait of "abstract communication" (the N for iNtuitive factor).

Artisans and Rationals share the trait of "utilitarian implementation" (don't know why, ask Keirsey), while Guardians and Idealists share the trait of "cooperative implementation".

With "communication" being more dominant than "implementation", therefore:
    Artisans relate best to Guardians > Rationals > Idealists
    Guardians relate best to Artisans > Idealists > Rationals
    Rationals relate best to Idealists > Artisans > Guardians
    Idealists relate best to Rationals > Guardians > Artisans

My observation is:
    Guo Jing is absolutely an orthodox and stoical Guardian.
    Yang Guo is most probably a heterodox and hedonistic Artisan.

Therefore:
    Guardians will most probably support Guo Jing
    Artisans will most probably support Yang Guo
    Idealists, if forced to make a decision, may choose GJ over YG
    Rationals, if forced to make a decision, may choose YG over GJ

Hence, check your personality type and compare this with your favourite hero. Now, psychology is a soft science and is not necessarily accurate ALL the time.
    So happy that you like Yang Guo more than Guo Jing too I dislike Guo Jing for some reason LOL. And how do you do that test?

I prefer GJ. I do not mind boring, stupid and loyal people.

Default Anyone agree? That Yang Guo is better than Guo Jing?

I like Yang Guo better than Guo Jing. Like Guo Jing is so stupid and all, and so boring. Yang Guo, on the other hand, is funny and annoying at times, but actually has a good heart. I heard that he is sometimes too yaaa to other girls, and that's a main reason why a lot of people don't like him as much. But hey, he doesn't like them right? He treats them all as sisters, or friends. The only girl that he would ever like is Xiaolongnu. I know that Guo Jing is more loyal and all... but blah blah there's smt about him that makes his soo.... so that I dislike him. Anyone agree?

I merged this thread with an existing one for a reason. Please do not start it up again.

Also, do not overlook this forum rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I merged this thread with an existing one for a reason. Please do not start it up again.

Also, do not overlook this forum rule.
    Can you not merge them? I just want to have my own thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Nianci View Post
    Can you not merge them? I just want to have my own thread for it.
    No. It's not negotiable. We do have our rules here, and we expect members to observe them.

I like both men but GJ a little more. GJ is nicer and more approachable. He isn't as closed off as YG. Well, that's the impression I got from watching the adaptations. If I need advice or just someone to talk to, I would go to YG.