View Poll Results: ?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 27.27%
  • No

32 72.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we too harsh on actresses now days?

Default Are we too harsh on actresses now days?

right now all new promoted actresses (charmaine sheh, linda chung, sonija kwok etc) are criticized for their poor acting. most actresses come from beauty pageants, but even those who dont come from beauty pageants get criticized. but back then, almost no criticisms were made toward any of the promoted actresses, even those who came from beauty pageants (maggie cheung man yuk, michelle reis, ada choi).

so are we too harsh on actresses now days?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I remember Michelle Reis was seen as a vase, and Ada Choi was criticized as downright irritating before she learnt how to act. Maggie Cheung was a bit early, but I also heard her being criticized as being stiff/wooden in her initial days, so I do not agree that we're being too harsh on them nowadays. It's always been the same, and being more competitive than ever, it's the consumer's choice to support them or not. The main issue now is that TVB is promoting a select few and making them out to be Academy Award material when all they're doing is looking pretty in sponsored clothes and memorizing dialogue without understanding the character.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

Also, didn't a lot of the actresses back in the 80s have the TVB training/acting class? I know a lot of them did, but not sure if the MS HK's were required to take the class or not. Yea, I agree that we are not too harsh because a lot of the actresses back then were heavily criticized as well...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

You must come to understand & to terms that it's no easy feat to be in the entertainment circle esp if you are on the frontline coz yr face will be on TV,magazines,internet etc almost everyday Especially if u r an actress.You gonna prove yr worth or u can just scram home eat yr ownself We're just making sure the actresses get their well-deserve after getting big bucks.I can't stand actress who has 0 acting skills,their job is to act all pretty and big bucks fly into their pockets Gonna make sure for those kind of act pretty,poor acting skills and charge high actresses,I gonna do some justice : Ensure that for every coin and cash notes they received,they are reminded of the number of criticisms that is equivalent to the value of the notes ***appeased.

i think we are kinda too harsh b/c i be seeing people say actresses such as vicki zhao as a bad actress....is that true? i think she's great..right?
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

cant satisfy everyone, buddy. some see her as great actress, some doesnt like her works....it's actually quite subjective, it happens to everyone in fact. you can win all the best actress award in this world and there will still be some people who dont like your work......

but i dont see that we're being harsh.....it's a competitive world out there, regardless what industry youre jumpin in. and i dont think we're being any harsher to this generation than the former......
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-25-07 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    and i dont think we're being any harsher to this generation than the former......
    i disagree with this statement. i think we're harsher than ever with our criticism of actresses. the internet is making it easier for keyboard critics to post their opinions. word of mouth spreads like wild fire on the internet.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

These actresses deserve harsh treatment from us fans cos we paid them a lot of money. So we deserved the best of their acting abilities or even singing from them. If they can't take the heat, get out of the business cos there are other actresses who are much better waiting for the glamor and fame too
    be happy

well acting is an art, it is subjective....
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    These actresses deserve harsh treatment from us fans cos we paid them a lot of money. So we deserved the best of their acting abilities or even singing from them. If they can't take the heat, get out of the business cos there are other actresses who are much better waiting for the glamor and fame too
    paid a lot of money? most of the people that criticize actresses online downloaded their movie/series
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Actresses should just try to handle it the best they can because there will be just as many people criticizing them as there will be praising them! If they can't take the glare of the spotlight, they better get out of there! But for the most part, if they are great actresses, they won't be judged too harshly will they? And sometimes the critics of the magazines etc.. need to stir up some trouble to earn money.

why's he hiding in there? perve.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    paid a lot of money? most of the people that criticize actresses online downloaded their movie/series
    of course it's lot of money or else, why would anyone wants to be a movie stars or drama stars? by saying that, do u know that once they have their breakthru, they won't have private lives anymore cos paparazzi will be always forever behind them. their lives have become public lives.

well, i don't think these people who downloaded movies/series represent true fans cos true fans would definitely go all out spending lots of money for these actresses. there are money generating ads, promotions, autograph sessions, parties, more movies/series..and lots more. people like me who will buys magazines or newspapers to read about my fav. actresses all the time. See, I spend lots of moneys for these peoples' movies, dvds, cds(soundtrack) and stuffs too and I also downloaded off the internet too
    be happy

I personally think it has always been that way.

Most of us here are what, 16-25, we give harsh criticisms to the newer stars. I bet those people 26-35 gave hard criticism to Ada Choi, Athena Chu, Gigi Lai. I am sure the 36-45 range gave hard criticism to Sheren Tang, Barbara Yung, Idy Chan. I am sure the 46-55 range gave hard criticism to Adam Cheng, Damian Lau, Lisa Wang, Angie Chiu.

It's just those people are mostly our parents or something, they are not like us and go on the net and give harsh criticisms.

well, through time people starts to realized that since these actresses get pay (mostly by consumers) might as well throw in a few words to get a bit more value for their money lol..

they should just be themselves
    .....i can always make you smile ..........

Okay . I agree, im just the same; someone who tells people off even though im not as good as them , but if u tell them off, are u really better than them ? u say they cant act, but can u do any better?
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

no, i don't think we are, some are just plian bad actress who can not act......if they are an actress they should know how to act... and most of them say it's their life/passion and blah blah (we all know) then they should know how too...like someone mention up there it's us who are paying them so they better make it worth our money...

Oh come on, Charmaine Sheh has been given a good opportunity to act in a lot of tv series, if not 3-4 series a year, she's given at least more than the average actresses'. And yet, she still very annoying and stiff. When I last saw her in LWOLAP, all she does is walk around with her arms down at the side (stiffy) and being preachy and pouting or scowling. Granted, it may be her character but that stiff arms down by her side at all times is so blah. The more I see her poor acting, the more I dislike her.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

People like Charmaine and Tavia should be critized more, so they know they don't belong in the entertainment bussiness. It's not only the acting that annoys me, but they're not pretty enough for being onscreen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    People like Charmaine and Tavia should be critized more, so they know they don't belong in the entertainment bussiness. It's not only the acting that annoys me, but they're not pretty enough for being onscreen imo.

You forget to mention Bernice Liu, her acting is horrible--so stiff and boring. I used to dislike Shirely Yeung but she's not too bad when compared to Bernice.

Tavia Yeung is actually not too bad, depends on the role.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.