Thread: Conducting our Jin Yong ELOC Demographic - participate at your own risk

Default Conducting our Jin Yong ELOC Demographic - participate at your own risk

Warning: Being Exposed to Lovable Overlooked Characters has been known to produce addictive syndromes. You have been warned.

If you could choose only one ELOC throughout the Jin Yong universe to celebrate, who would you choose? Please indicate your choice. The more obscure, the more overlooked, the merrier.

(As you can imagine, this is an extremely difficult question for me to address. Is it possible for me to restrict all of my dear ELOC's down to just one? The decision will require intensive inner debate...)

Chengguan/Dengguan's enthusiasts
    ---
    yittz

Little Dragon Girl's mother
    ---
    Felix

The Big Monster of Pearl Cliff
    ---
    PJ
    Last edited by PJ; 04-25-07 at 11:08 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Warning: Being Exposed to Lovable Overlooked Characters has been known to produce addictive syndromes. You have been warned.

If you could choose only one ELOC throughout the Jin Yong universe to celebrate, who would you choose? Please indicate your choice. The more obscure, the more overlooked, the merrier.

(As you can imagine, this is an extremely difficult question for me to address. Is it possible for me to restrict all of my dear ELOC's down to just one? The decision will require intensive inner debate...)
    So it is no longer ZBF for you?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I think that any "cult" material (as in: "esoteric") loses its appeal as it is brought to the centre stage, as in the case of an underground band losing its loyal fans when it goes mainstream (and thus betraying its identity). In the same sense, SWORD GOD has achieved somewhat mainstream status; therefore as a passionate advocate of ELOC I am always interested in exposing NEW lovable overlooked characters to the public (until we eventually run out of lovable overlooked characters to expose).

That said, SWORD GOD will always be an integral component of ELOC.

PJ, you better come up with a new ELOC person for all of us to ponder over.

Sword God has turned into the Guo Jing and Yeung Gor material. Every time there is a ELOC debate, Sword God I feel will surely win each time.

Fast Sabre, Lotus Fairy, and others sound very intriguing. Is it just the case that they so happen to not have that much details written about them in JY stories?

Some of mine are:

Little Dragon Girl's mother.

The person who is in the middle of the link from Yeung Gor from ROCH to Lady Yeung from HSDS.

Eunuch who created Sunflower Manual.

XF's grandmother.

I suggest Deng Guan or is it pronounced Cheng Guan of DOMD.

His knowledge of martial arts resembles that of WYY.
    His naivety and lack of social common sense/knowledge rivals any XZ, SPT and ZWJ.
    He can seal and unseal pressure points from a distance with ease.
    To top it off, he calls WXB martial uncle.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

OK, the first post will now contain a summar of people's choices. Please indicate your preferred ELOC if you haven't done so already.

You can see the choice I opted for after some thinking. I feel that I owe him a BIG gratitude, because If not for this certain individual, the wuxia fandom world would never have tasted the peaks of perfection from SWORD GOD. That SWORD GOD was able to take the forum by storm is largely thanks to this individual who afforded the opportunity for SWORD GOD to expose his lovable talents. Thus, I picked this individual in honor of his exposition of SWORD GOD.