Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Three Kingdoms: Ressurection of the Dragon

Err I never knew Vanness Wu was part of the cast too....I just read from soompi:

Andy and Vanness fall off from horse

Andy Lau and Vanness Wu were location shooting for Three Kingdom - Resurrection of the Dragon. The filming crew had switched base from Dunhuang to Gansu.

Earlier, both of them were shooting a horse riding scene and both fall off from their individual horse, an agile Andy suffered no injury but Vanness whom played Guan Yun elder son fall off his horse after riding for 1,700 metres before falling and suffering from abrasion.

Sumo Hung expressed yesterday that both suffered light injuries. They are rushing shooting day and night, it's not sure when this rushing will end.

Looking at the pictures.

I think Sammo makes an excellent Zhang Fei. He has got the fierce look and the build.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6726/beymaggiethreekingdom2md3.jpg')
    This is actually my first time seeing this picture....! I guess it did not load during the other times I had been here.

Good lord. She looks like a transgender. Creepy, yes. Beautiful, no way. @.@;;;;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I have heard her fans from a few forums saying that she looks like a real Chinese beauty

And oh my! you're right! She does look like a transexual there........................

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii
    I have heard her fans from a few forums saying that she looks like a real Chinese beauty
    LOL that's what i call people with 'actress holy light' disorder

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    LOL that's what i call people with 'actress holy light' disorder
    MUAHAHHAA! Good one!

A soompi memeber posted these new Three Kingdoms pictures:

Newly released poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4268/00720787mk6.jpg')

On-set
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/c/2007-04-29/U1513P28T3D1538718F329DT20070510061604.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9775/hg2wd6.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/603/00720789rv1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7119/00720790qe6.jpg')

More
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7482/11797940162041179794016tw7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7245/wangxla60eo0.jpg')

Maggie looks... bleh.

She is a Chinese beauty playing a pipa

Correctly me if I'm wrong, but isn't Maggie QQ's character is fictatious?
    Anyway, Maggie Q look out of place in this movie, and her costume is rather ridiculous. I guess it a trend in chinese movie now-a-day by using unsuitable actress for a role just because they happen to appear in Hollywood production.
    Last edited by bio; 05-22-07 at 01:34 AM.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

I think her role is fiction because I don't remember Cao Ying ever being mentioned anywhere else.

...actually, I think the director created the role specifically for Maggie.

And yes, I think Asia kisses up to Hollywood's a$$ too much. Being in a Hollywood production doesn't make you a legend.

basically I hate anything from hollywood being integrated into Asian movies....dont get me wrong, i totally love good hollywood action movies, im all about those kind of things, but when our production starting to kiss *** too much, it becomes an eyesore.

and even if they just HAVE to kiss ***, it would work if they cast Lucy Liu (tho she's not what i call pretty, she IS at least chinese) or american-born-and-raised-chinese-hollywood-actress, but Maggie Q is a total miscast when it comes to chinese setting damn, how i hate this everything-is-about-hollywood mentality. we (asian production) can stand pretty well strong with our two own feet.....

but of course, im pretty much aware that Lucy Liu would cost a couple of thousand more than Maggie Q
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-22-07 at 02:50 AM.

My thoughts exactly!
    In fact, if anything, it looks like Hollywood has been striving to keep in good contact with Asia now (Asia is an emerging market). Lately, the Asian entertainment industry has grown stronger and stronger yet why they continue to degrade themselves like this I have no idea

The Asian mentaily seems to be: once you've landed yourself a Hollywood role, when you return to Asia, you're automatically given 40% pay increase and get to star with all the respected Asian actors.
    They suffer from the 'white is better' syndrome. Annoys me a hell lot.

And I agree, even Lucy Liu would be more suitable! At least the viewers won't be thinking 'hang on, that girl looks Russian!'.

And about the language, I'd rather they NOT have casts who either get dubbed over by some other annoying voice or mumble some random non-sensical words!

Online bloggers complain that Andy's image as Zhao Zi Long in is like that of a Japanese warrior

The Chinese and Korean invested movie has revealed their poster. Andy's image as Zhao ZiLong had a lot of controversy. Online bloggers have commented that it is "non-descriptive" and not representative. Zhao Zi Long wearing an armor has been called a "samurai", "WW2 English soldier" and "high-ranking officer".

This is the deep impression that the readers (chinese & foreign) have had as the picture painted by the author. But looking at the movie poster, Andy is wearing a black helmet, black armor and he has a square pouch at his waist, and he is holding a sword.

When the poster was out on the internet, there was a lot of dispute & controversy.
    Some bloggers were discussing regarding this, some felt that he looked like a Japanese samurai, one blogger Vince commented that Andy's helmet looked similar to a particular computer game's design. Especially for the helmet, there has been a lot of discussion - some say it is olden version of officer helmet, others say it belongs to the Yuan dynasty or WW2 or Europe helmets. Furthermore, Zhao Zilong's waist pouch was recognised as one used during WW2.

Another blogger commented "I really don't understand the directors! China's helmet looks so good, why didn't they like it and instead decide to change it to something so unrepresentative?" Many online bloggers have commented that this new image of Zhao Zilong has spolit their real image of Zhao ZiLong in their hearts.

Some have said that the movie was based on a Japanese computer game, therefore the designs of the costumes were so Japanese styled. But XinMing Net has done a check and confirmed that this Japanese game has retained the original style.

XinMing Net has tried to contact the creator of the image styles to confirm but till today, still unable to do so.

Source: Translated by AWCSG00155 from Andy's Official Forum

why isnt the article come with the poster? how ridiculous is the costume anyway?

I think they refers to this particular costume:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/c/2007-04-29/U1513P28T3D1538718F329DT20070510061604.jpg')

Yes... the armour is indeed very Japanese-looking. But the helmet looks... well, foreign.

that is definitely not what i had in mind for costume

Helmet looked Yuan (Mongol) type.
    Pouch is really stupid.

Guys, I think they were referring to THIS poster

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7574/00720787xn7.jpg')

And here's a new image of Sammo Hung from the movie (HE LOOKS HILARIOUS MUAHHAAHAA!)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4161/elstoryimage1ob9.jpg')