Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Kingdoms: Ressurection of the Dragon

Default Three Kingdoms: Ressurection of the Dragon

Three Kingdoms - Resurrection of the Dragon, a US$25 million budgeted movie by Mainland China and Korea will narrate the story of Three Kingdom general Zhao Yun's life story.

In the movie, Andy will be the strong general Zhao Yun during the Three Kingdom, Sumo will be the arts director and Maggie Q as Cao Cao's daughter Cao Yin.

Andy expressed that he had read the Three Kingdom's comic when he's young and playing the role of Zhao Zi-long whom was full of courage and wits was his dream and it finally come true with Three Kingdoms - Resurrection of the Dragon. Sammo whom will be the arts director will also cameo as Zhang Fei.

Maggie Q whom had been cast in several Hollywood movies will be playing Cao Cao's grand-daughter Cao Yin, she will be having a love relationship with Zhao Yun. According to Korean media, another major character Zhou Yu will be played by Leon Lai.

Daniel Li whom is the director and scriptwriter reveal that the movie's characters' image will get inspiration from Japanese's gaming company KOEI Co. Ltd's Dynasty Warrior. "Zhao Yun is just a first-class general, when comparing with Cao Cao, Liu Bei and Sun Quan, he's one grade lower, but he's the most familiar character in Three Kingdom for youngsters nowadays."

"During the script writing, I maintain the Three Kingdom classic story, for example the battle at Chang Ban Po, on the other side drawing inspiration from the game, in order to let the characters get accepted by the younger audience."

There has been some controversy in regards to Maggie Q playing a Chinese character as she is Irish, Polish and Vietnamese. When asked about this inaccuracy, Daniel Li did not comment.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maggie-q.net/pusan/mp34.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maggie-q.net/pusan/mp39.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maggie-q.net/pusan/mp41.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maggie-q.net/pusan/mp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6286/3grwhcg2.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8314/10898461username311016200632323amhm3.jpg')

Maggie Q on the set
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6726/beymaggiethreekingdom2md3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/351/beymaggiewhorsethreekincx0.jpg')

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Maggie Q in ancient Chinese doesnt work! she doesnt look like a chinese at all!

that second last picture made her look like an Amazon woman......i dont know why, i look at that picture i immediately somehow see Xena.... Okay, Amazon and Xena dont click either, but you get the picture!

You can tell they tried very hard to make her look Chinese by drawing a slant on her eyes...but still...she doesn't pass as a Han.

one thing i cant figure out is why do they have to cast her? maggie Q looks gorgeous in modern movies, but ancient chinese? come on....do they think we're blind or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    one thing i cant figure out is why do they have to cast her? maggie Q looks gorgeous in modern movies, but ancient chinese? come on....do they think we're blind or something?
    Well probably because she's part of Hollywood now and the Asian industry seems to believe that anyone who made it in Hollywood 'MUST' be 'good' now. By casting her in this film, they assume more people will watch it? Attracting more Westerners too?
    Anyway, I don't think she acts too well. But since this movie seems to be very action based, maybe she won't be too terrible becaue she's only watchable in action scenes.
    Last edited by Jeneshii; 04-26-07 at 08:26 AM.

Andy and Sammo might just work... for their roles... Leon, I'm not so sure but he looks pretty weird.

Maggie Q is horse-faced. >.<

Besides, the role of some foreign princess or queen suits her better than a Chinese one!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hahaha horse faced! >.<

Yeah you're right. She's much more suited to something like a foreign princeess...

i agreed with everyone else about maggie q. her look is way too modern to be able to pass off in ancient clothes, especially her face. there are loads of other actresses who are more suitable. yikes...
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    her look is way too modern to be able to pass off in ancient clothes
    too western is more like it.......or maybe too philipino? duh, whatever, but one thing for sure, she doesnt have a chinese look!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    too western is more like it.......or maybe too philipino? duh, whatever, but one thing for sure, she doesnt have a chinese look!
    i don't think she's filipino (sp?). she's half vietnamese and half chinese. but you're right, she's too western looking.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    i don't think she's filipino (sp?). she's half vietnamese and half chinese.
    huh, she's half chinese? i thought i read somewhere that she's half this and that (a quarter is more like it actually) but i dont think she's got chinese blood flowin in her......

just got back from a little surfing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii to an American father of Polish, Irish, and French descent and a Vietnamese mother.
    you're right, she isnt philipino (gee i wonder where did i get that) but she's not chinese either......

she shouldve stick to modeling, her acting isnt all that flattering anyway.......if they only cast her cuz she's another pretty face, hell, come on, they could at least cast someone with a real chinese pretty face! the industry nowadays huh.......
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-27-07 at 01:43 AM.

wat are they thinking man. maggie Q in a chinese epic? wtf... she doesnt even look like a chinese. this is like calling denzel washington to play cao cao... it doesnt work man. im not trying to be racist but come on, its a chinese epic... get a better female lead!

btw maggie q kinda looks like a tranny, sigh
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Yeah I got no idea what they were thinking either but I guess they just wanted to add another 'Hollywood name' to their film

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Movie industry always doing this kind of thing with actor/tress from different nationality acting for another natioanality. Look at what happen with Memoirs of Geisha, WTF is Gong Li and Z-Ziyi doing in that movie , its like saying that all Japanese actress is stupid and plain fugly and not suitable as an actress in a movie for their own country and a story that is so deep to their own culture as written in the original book.

Yeah the casting for Memoirs of a Geisha was utterly ridiculous!

But at least a Chinese could possibly pass for a Japanese and vice versa since they're both Asians. While a half Caucasian (who looks distinctly partially white too) as a full Asian? I don't think so...
    Last edited by Jeneshii; 04-29-07 at 06:30 AM.

This ... is just darn weird. Andy is ok, and I will even tolerate Leon (who looks out of place in a period), but Maggie Q?

Other than her Caucasianess, Maggie seems to alternate between hot (when expressionless) and horribly horsey (when she starts to emote or speak). She is great model material I guess.

Will we have an English-speaking ZhaoYun then? Or a Mortal Kombat-like Three Kingdoms?? I hope Sammo's sanity saves this movie from its seeming ominous fate.

Who is the Caucasian in the pictures beside Maggie BTW?
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

They're speaking Chinese (specifically Mandarin) in the movie actually. Maggie claims she can speak Cantonese and Mandarin...though I'm not too sure because I do remember her Cantonese in Mission Impossible 3 sucked a$$ BIG time (and it was only a few lines too).

maggie is from hk right?
    high priest genjyo sanzo!

maggie is from US, bud....

Maggie looks so different since naked weapon...
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输