Thread: Questions about LUK SIU FUNG Book 1: THE GOLDEN ROC KINGDOM'S TREASURE

Default Questions about LUK SIU FUNG Book 1: THE GOLDEN ROC KINGDOM'S TREASURE

Some questions about the first book in the LUK SIU FUNG series, the GOLDEN ROC KINGDOM'S TREASURE

1. Exactly where was the Golden Roc Kingdom located? It was not a mainstream Chinese dynasty, and it was apparently located somewhere in Central Asia (I think the Golden Roc King mentioned that his kingdom had been overrun by Cossack cavalry troops). Yet I believe the Golden Roc Kingdom's royal family was Han Chinese (the surname "Seung Gwoon" is uncommon in China, but it is nevertheless Chinese), as were its three officials Seung Gwoon Muk (Fok Yau), Yim Lap Boon (Yim Teet San), and Ping Duk Hok (Dook Goo 1 Hok).

2. Seung Gwoon Fei Yin hired three mercenaries to assist her with her work: Siu Chou Yu, Lau Yu Hun, and Dook Goo Fong. All three were excellent fighters, but significantly weaker than Luk Siu Fung, Sai Mun Chui Sheut, and Fa Mun Lau. How many levels were these three thugs below Luk Siu Fung's class? I remember that Fa Mun Lau singlehandedly beat up Siu Chou Yu and Lau Yu Hun with ease. Siu Chou Yu was a great swordsman and he crippled the Green Shirt Pavilion's Soul Hooker with one quick slash of his sword, but you get the feeling that Sai Mun Chui Sheut would dispatch Siu even more easily.

3. Did Fok Yau accurately anticipate how Luk Siu Fung would approach the situation? Fok Yau set everything up, but did he anticipate that Luk Siu Fung would draw out Sai Mun Chui Sheut to help him eliminate Yim Teet San and Dook Goo 1 Hok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Some questions about the first book in the LUK SIU FUNG series, the GOLDEN ROC KINGDOM'S TREASURE

1. Exactly where was the Golden Roc Kingdom located? It was not a mainstream Chinese dynasty, and it was apparently located somewhere in Central Asia (I think the Golden Roc King mentioned that his kingdom had been overrun by Cossack cavalry troops). Yet I believe the Golden Roc Kingdom's royal family was Han Chinese (the surname "Seung Gwoon" is uncommon in China, but it is nevertheless Chinese), as were its three officials Seung Gwoon Muk (Fok Yau), Yim Lap Boon (Yim Teet San), and Ping Duk Hok (Dook Goo 1 Hok).

2. Seung Gwoon Fei Yin hired three mercenaries to assist her with her work: Siu Chou Yu, Lau Yu Hun, and Dook Goo Fong. All three were excellent fighters, but significantly weaker than Luk Siu Fung, Sai Mun Chui Sheut, and Fa Mun Lau. How many levels were these three thugs below Luk Siu Fung's class? I remember that Fa Mun Lau singlehandedly beat up Siu Chou Yu and Lau Yu Hun with ease. Siu Chou Yu was a great swordsman and he crippled the Green Shirt Pavilion's Soul Hooker with one quick slash of his sword, but you get the feeling that Sai Mun Chui Sheut would dispatch Siu even more easily.

3. Did Fok Yau accurately anticipate how Luk Siu Fung would approach the situation? Fok Yau set everything up, but did he anticipate that Luk Siu Fung would draw out Sai Mun Chui Sheut to help him eliminate Yim Teet San and Dook Goo 1 Hok?
    I've always thought it was entirely fictional.