View Poll Results: Baidu vs. Google-which do you like to use more?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baidu

3 9.09%
  • Google

28 84.85%
  • Neither

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baidu VS. Google

Default Baidu VS. Google

So....which do you like better? Baidu vs Google? Feel free to post your comments!
    Personally, I like Baidu a tiny bit better because of the downloading songs part....and just because its Chinese.
    ~red
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

u should've expanded this to web search poll by including Yahoo and MSN in the list.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

umm..what the **** is baidu

google for me. yeahhhhHh
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

No clue what Baidu is so I say Google.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    umm..what the **** is baidu
    google for me. yeahhhhHh
    its a chinese search engine... (probably filtered by the chinese nazi party!!! )
    its a no brainer that chinese illiterates will choose google (or one of the english search engines).

Interesting decision. Hmm, let me think it out...

BAIDU ADVANTAGES
    Pros
    - get to downloading music (although we really shouldn't be discussing such illegal activities !)
    - can search up news in Chinese, while in google the news function is not so effective in Chinese
    - has a forum

GOOGLE ADVANTAGES
    Pros
    - in English; I'm fluent in Chinese as well and not illiterate or anything, but the fact is that I'm more comfortable with English
    - returns better results; while baidu's mp3 search engine is good in Chinese, I find that google's results tend to be more relevant
    - has gmail; okay, so we're talking about search engines, but gmail is amazing and has to be on here
    - effective search in multiple languages; I know that English, Chinese, and French all return effective searches in google. For example, when searching, you can often get the same results by typing in the Chinese characters into google. Meanwhile, I can't type French into baidu
    - in terms of design, google is better. I love their seasonal changes to the google graphic

I've got to pick the google guys, even if they're making a whole lot of money!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    - has gmail; okay, so we're talking about search engines, but gmail is amazing and has to be on here
    agreed with the points above and i dont agree with you very often Sparky-O!!!

Gmail is the Holy Grail of web email clients.. its got the best search facility (naturally powered by google), a very generous storage space (2.8gb and increasing). the ads are unobtrusive, and you can chat within the client!

I use baidu for mp3 searches but google for pretty much all else because it's built into firefox.
    Last edited by KeongJai; 05-02-07 at 11:16 PM. Reason: oops I meant google not gmail

Baidu's music search functionality for English keywords has ceased working all together for me. Any English keyword that I search by returns no result. Am I the only one with such an experience?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

baidu's good for chinese stuff.. google's good for english material..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    baidu's good for chinese stuff.. google's good for english material..

Don't forget about free unpaid software ooops I meant Good Chinese stuff.....
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Baidu's music search functionality for English keywords has ceased working all together for me. Any English keyword that I search by returns no result. Am I the only one with such an experience?
    if you search english in the mp3 function, nothing returns UNLESS you type in an english song name with relevant chinese words. Eg. searching "eyes on me" returns nothing, but if you search "eyes on me + 王菲" the search works. I think they changed this search facility 1-2 years ago.

Anyway, i don't think this comparison is that great since one is an english search engine (well, i guess it can be chinese too), but Baidu is Chinese. Obviously all my essays and assignments would be in english, so i use google a lot more. BUT, for the recreational side of things, i use Baidu.

great article of google vs baidu:
    http://china.seekingalpha.com/article/27629

Which search engine I use depends on what I am searching for, so no particular preference for either. The mp3 search in baidu is good but I think the mp3 search in zhongsou is better cause the English word search is still working fine.

Oh, baidu has a great pinyin search thingy (can't explain properly), just like google has the spell check thing. If I am stuck on a computer without Chinese input function, I use baidu to get the Chinese words I want.

Net: The reason why I didn't add those is because Google is the most popular English search engine and Baidu is the most popular Chinese search engine.

BTW....one thing that I really like about Baidu is that its REALLY SMART. If I type in the pinyin, it can give me chinese characters to chose from.

~red
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Net: The reason why I didn't add those is because Google is the most popular English search engine and Baidu is the most popular Chinese search engine.
    baidu may be the leading search engine in terms of market share in china, but their ability to generate revenue is pretty dismal so far. i think they have an unfair advantage against their competitors (google, yahoo, msn) because the chinese nazi party is giving them preferential treatment.

Google babyy!
    okay i dont live in china so i have no clue what Baidu is; but Google stocks keep going up

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    agreed with the points above and i dont agree with you very often Sparky-O!!!

Gmail is the Holy Grail of web email clients.. its got the best search facility (naturally powered by google), a very generous storage space (2.8gb and increasing). the ads are unobtrusive, and you can chat within the client!
    Sad to say, but Google does sometimes spy on the email/letter contents in Gmail (keep a copy of some of ur emails, but they don't disclose to others) - I would rather use my own email provided by my ISP or the new Live Hotmail.
    ..ext88

Baidu and google...
    baidu - i get most of my songs from there
    Google: Its alright ; though i would choose Baidu.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

baidu for music, google for diff stuffs

i used to dl songs from e7w.com...unfortunately, it is hard to access it anymore
    high priest genjyo sanzo!