View Poll Results: Baidu vs. Google-which do you like to use more?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baidu

3 9.09%
  • Google

28 84.85%
  • Neither

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baidu VS. Google

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    BTW....one thing that I really like about Baidu is that its REALLY SMART. If I type in the pinyin, it can give me chinese characters to chose from.
    It's funny how you consider Baidu "smart." That's not the term I'd use to describe a search engine, lol. Besides, it's relatively simple technology. I sometimes use google as my spell check when I'm typing up obscure city/scientific names, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Sad to say, but Google does sometimes spy on the email/letter contents in Gmail (keep a copy of some of ur emails, but they don't disclose to others) - I would rather use my own email provided by my ISP or the new Live Hotmail.
    Where'd you hear of this? Oh well, it's not like I write anything important in emails. If they are really interested in what happened between Sparky's Friend A and Sparky's Friend B then they're free to read! I'd still pick Gmail - it loads fast, has a simple but useful design, lets you chat, has an automatic address book for you...very convenient.

Net I must say that you do get overexcited at the chance of us agreeing on something! Every time we agree on something it is as if Bush resigned!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    It's funny how you consider Baidu "smart." That's not the term I'd use to describe a search engine, lol.
    do you know the algorithm behind search engines? they're not as simple as you think. if they were, then every tom dick and harry will have his search engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Where'd you hear of this? Oh well, it's not like I write anything important in emails.
    Google doesn't have the resources to snoop on your personal life Sparky What Google does is fine comb the email content for key words and analyse trends to better serve their unobtrusive ads to you.

I don't have a problem with this since i dont even pay attention to the ads. In fact, its more reassuring for companies to state what they will do to your free email account, than some small ISP not telling their users what they do with your data. They're more likely to be under public scrutiny and privacy advocate groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Net I must say that you do get overexcited at the chance of us agreeing on something!
    i'm a pacifist, i like to avoid arguments if i cant. but since our views clash frequently, it's nice to agree on something, yes Sparky?
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    do you know the algorithm behind search engines? they're not as simple as you think. if they were, then every tom dick and harry will have his search engine!
    Tom? Dick? Harry? Why do you state only men? I think women are equally capable of being brilliant technologically. Don't be a male chauvinist!

Besides, when'd I ever say it was simple? I only said that translating pinyin into Chinese isn't very complex! I just thought it rather odd calling a search engine "really smart" when it is not alive and thinking. Furthermore, translating pinyin into Chinese characters isn't necessarily very advanced. Consider 20 questions - seems like it's reading your mind, but in actuality, it's a rather simple technology.

I have to say I love google's ads. I could be talking about some volunteer job I got and ads for bras and red ants will show up.

i'm a pacifist, i like to avoid arguments if i cant. but since our views clash frequently, it's nice to agree on something, yes Sparky?
    You, a pacifist? I thought your old passion was provoking people! Or even now, you're interested in polishing your debate skills with formidable opponents.

Darn it, we're disagreeing again.
    Last edited by Sparky; 05-06-07 at 08:50 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Tom? Dick? Harry? Why do you state only men? I think women are equally capable of being brilliant technologically. Don't be a male chauvinist!
    Sparky dear, i treat all sexes equally. remember when you were 8 months pregnant and you asked me to help you up the sofa and I refused? well you misread my refusal. i wanted to show that we are equal
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

It's funny how you consider Baidu "smart." That's not the term I'd use to describe a search engine, lol. Besides, it's relatively simple technology. I sometimes use google as my spell check when I'm typing up obscure city/scientific names, etc.
    Thats just me. Ask linger, she asked me to describe myself and I said, "Well, I'm really weird..."

LOL, Net and Sparky you guys are really funny together. Ah, 真是天生一对!!!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

yea! Net and Sparky are so funny when they're arguing with each other.Now im wondering if Sparky's baby is also Net's. happy married couple?

I don't even think of Baidu as a search engine!

Its like Napster Deluxe v9.5 for me.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

What I need is a search engine that can read my mind and know exactly what I want!

Google. It appears to me that Chinese websites are slow and laggy by default.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Google. It appears to me that Chinese websites are slow and laggy by default.
    That's just government snooping at work.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    What I need is a search engine that can read my mind and know exactly what I want!
    u need a wife for that!!! ... oh wait.. perhaps u dont want a wife that can read your mind

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    u need a wife for that!!! ... oh wait.. perhaps u dont want a wife that can read your mind
    Puleeez!:
    Last edited by JamesG; 05-18-07 at 05:29 PM.