Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need HELP with GL's Legendary Siblings translation

Hi all,

As many of you knows that, Jean had been working continuosly on GL's legendary siblings translations (which is very much enjoyable).

Recently, Dendroid King had pointed out some parts that seems to be missing from Jean's translation. He's basing it on an ongoing Indonesian translation.

We need you (aka TigerWong, Athena, anyone who reads the Legendary Siblings in chinese) to help and give out the passages in chinese or clarify which editions were those parts were.

Attached below is the posts taken out of the wuxia translation forum for your attention.

Han Solo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dendroid King:
    He just off handedly executed one of Princess Yao Yue’s move and it is indeed enough to startle Wei Wu Ya, and when Wei Wu Ya attacked, he used the moves executed by Princess Lian Xing to save himself. Without knowing why, after about ten over moves, Xiao Yu’er easily gained the upper hand.

(Chapter 105) Quoted from Jean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only now Xiao Yu Er realize the greatness of the Floral Palace's martial arts. Their attacks which seems ordinary is obviously the moves to break Wei Wu Ya's martial arts.

Even though the Floral Princess did not even take a glance at Wei Wu Ya, but it seems that the Floral Princess understands every weakness of Wei Wu Ya's martial arts better than himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would have expected that right at this time, there was a sudden sound. This sound seems to have come from outside the cave, but the echo shook the whole cave. Xiao Yu’er was initially startled, which turned into joy. Wei Wu Ya’s wheelchair has slid thirty feet away.

(Quoted from Jean)

Xiao Yu Er teased while laughing " Now I do not want to cut your toungue and your two useless legs. I just want to dig both your eyes so that you cannot see anything."

(Wei Wu Ya threaten to cut XYE toungue and chop his legs off just like himself)

At that moment suddenly there is a "tring" sound which is hard and loud. The sound looks as if it was from outside the cave but the echo was shaking the entire cave.

Xiao Yu’er was initially startled, which turned into joy. Wei Wu Ya’s wheelchair has slid thirty feet away.

Xiao Yu Er, strike now! Princess Lian Xing said angrily.

But Wei Wu Ya quickly replied , " Wait, there is something I have to say".

"What do you have to say?" Princess Lian Xing asked.

"The sound that we just heard, don't tell me that someone already knew that you all are trap here" Wei Wu Ya said.

Last edited by Han Solo; 05-02-07 at 09:11 PM.

Princess Yao Yue can’t help but take half a step back and said in shock, “He actually committed suicide.” Wei Wu Ya’s twisted mouth, seem to carry with it a hint of cruel smile. Princess Yao Yue stood there, stunned.

Chapter 106. (Quoted from Jean)

When alive, Wei Wu Ya cannot match her (Princess Yao Yue) but after his death, he can give her a death blow until she does not know how to deal with it.

Some missing parts. Hopefully after Jean translates the entire novel, Jean can help to translate the "missing parts" due to the different versions.

Hi dendroid king, where did you get the other version from? Coz most of the online chinese versions that I read don't have the extra bits. Not too sure how many versions there are in Gu Long's novel.

Or can anyone help with the 'original' version of the novel, ie: point me to the chinese site with the longer version?

ok... i went to google a few other chinese websites with the novel, and I really can't find the parts that dendroid king posted. Anyone can confirm if these parts are really in the original novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    Hi dendroid king, where did you get the other version from? Coz most of the online chinese versions that I read don't have the extra bits. Not too sure how many versions there are in Gu Long's novel.

Or can anyone help with the 'original' version of the novel, ie: point me to the chinese site with the longer version?
    I got them from an Indonesian site...I have no idea of the source of his information. I think Felix might know more though.

http://serialsilat.tungning.com/port...p?categoryid=9

The translator uses Hokkien name I believe in his Indonesian translations. Xiao Yu Er is Siau Ji Hi. Su Ying is So Ing. Princess Yao Yue is known as Kiau Goat Kiongcu. Wei Wu Ya became Gui Bu Geh..

I read some parts in the earlier chapter. And I found out that when Tie Xinlan went to the Floral Palace she was actually rape! before Hua Wu Que rescue her from the lustful members of the Floral Palace.

In Jean's translations, she just climb up the rocks and all of a sudden fainted. But before she fainted, the indonesian translation actually stated that she was rape by many female disciple of the Floral Palace.

And there are many more "missing parts" not just the one I state.

Probably we need someone else to clarify this

Thank you so much Jean!

I too agree that the whole internal energy thing is a bit like covering a plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    I read some parts in the earlier chapter. And I found out that when Tie Xinlan went to the Floral Palace she was actually rape! before Hua Wu Que rescue her from the lustful members of the Floral Palace.

In Jean's translations, she just climb up the rocks and all of a sudden fainted. But before she fainted, the indonesian translation actually stated that she was rape by many female disciple of the Floral Palace.
    erm... that sounds a little... freaky.... or could it be someone took some artistic license and added in more 'interesting' parts?

I agree with Jean. Seems rather sketchy to me. The Floral Palace maids are supposed to be devoid of emotions and act like livings statues. The whole suppress your feelings idea. Of course with the 2 princesses away, they can breathe a bit easier, but I don't think it is in character for them to actually "rape" a stranger that barged into the premise.

Well, I vaguely remember reading somewhere in these forums that the indonesian translators of wuxia often took some "artistic liberties" in the translation process of some wuxia novels.

I can't remember exactly when/where I read it, so I can't say for sure that this isn't my memory playing tricks on me and creating a fake memory on the spot.

I'll search the forum later today to see if I can dig it up.

Yeah, Gu Long is definitely freaky....but lesbian rape would be a weird point even for him.

I was mistaken. The comments I read were regarding the vietnamese versions.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...%2A#post426924

I will never agree on the way those guys use the "artistic license".... I don't even agree on them using it on the release of the books. If it was an "adption" I would understand, of course. But on the actual ook it is just unreasonable.

On this case, maybe it was some excentric editor that had put his fancies on the novel...

It completely disgards copyrights. I mean, if it was not Gu Long who wrote it, whats the point in reading it? If its not the original, its just some fanbook... or whatever.

I got them from an Indonesian site...I have no idea of the source of his information. I think Felix might know more though.

http://serialsilat.tungning.com/port...p?categoryid=9

The translator uses Hokkien name I believe in his Indonesian translations. Xiao Yu Er is Siau Ji Hi. Su Ying is So Ing. Princess Yao Yue is known as Kiau Goat Kiongcu. Wei Wu Ya became Gui Bu Geh..

And there are many more "missing parts" not just the one I state.

Probably we need someone else to clarify this
    A lot of non-Chinese versions take major artistic liberties; like Bloodflowers said, the Vietnamese are notorious for this. Not sure about Indonesia, but I don't think it sounds fitting with Gulong.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...ndary+Siblings

From our own forum in Laviathan post, he states that in his edition, Tie Xin Lan was almost rape. Well Tweety, its true that the Floral Palace maids are suppose to be cold and emotionless. But no human can supress their feelings too long especially when both the Princesses are away...So thats why they rape her to satisfy their sexual craving....

I also remeber in another part, when Hua Wu Que's laughter acupoint has been manipulated, he tried to save Tie Xin Lan even though he knows that death maybe awaiting him. In Jean's translations, Tie Xin Lan just says don't save me. However in the Indonesian translations, she added more by saying that she loves Xiao Yu Er and so he shouldn't even bother saving her.

Honestly I have no idea whether its due to different versions or artistic liberties. But I am sure most will agree that if it is written by Gu Long, then it should be translated. If it is not, it shouldn't.

However as I read Jean's translation, I did feel something is missing. Its like eh why all of a sudden,,,,,.But when I read the Indonesian translations, it provides clear detail of what is really happening. If it is truly artistic liberty, this person must be really creative because it somehow makes sense. Perhaps we should refer to the first translator, Anthena.

Interesting.

What we need to clarify is which edition and also which publisher did Laviathian uses and also what did the hokkien indonesian publisher uses (is it the first edition?)

If anyone has a second edition published in print, can they please put up the relevant paragraph for Jean to compare?

We may need to put up these questions in the wuxia discussion sub-forum to ask ppl like TigerWong.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Only now Xiao Yu Er realize the greatness of the Floral Palace's martial arts. Their attacks which seems ordinary is obviously the moves to break Wei Wu Ya's martial arts.

Even though the Floral Princess did not even take a glance at Wei Wu Ya, but it seems that the Floral Princess understands every weakness of Wei Wu Ya's martial arts better than himself.
    Not sure about the rest, but I am positive this line Dendroid wrote is in the Vietnamese version.

As for the part of Tie Xin Lan getting raped, the raping part did not happen. If she really did got rape, I am pretty sure I would remember the part. That is big, lesbian footage, not something I would forget right away.

I do remember though the maids were kind of picking on her. I think they liked tear her clothes and stuff. I don't think they even groped her, let alone rape her.

He really cannot imagine that a person’s movement can be so swift. Although he forcibly avoided a few attacks, but he does not know whether he will still be able to avoid Princess Yao Yue’s next attack

(Quoted from Jean)

If someone’s life is already fated to be in the hands of others and at every moment and second he can lose his life, therefore his feelings can easily be understood.But what about Princess Yao Yue’s feelings? The feelings of the murderer should be much happier than the victim. But strangely even though Princess Yao Yue is ever determined to kill Xiao Yu Er, at that very moment, her feelings are more tormented than Xiao Yu Er.

She has been waiting for 20 years and she can witness her works according to her plans. But now things are about to change because she herself will destroy her own work that has been put into motion with so much difficulty over the past years.This can be describe to be similar to a painter. With much difficulty in producing a beautiful painting and when his masterpiece is drawing near to the final sketch, he has to destroy the painting and in fact he himself has to destroy it. At that situation, his feelings might be unimaginable to any other person.

Someone if not forced to surely will not act this way. Right now Princess Yao Yue is sure that death will be drawing near. They are destined to die here without any help. In other words, Xiao Yu Er will die in her hands and no one can save him in this entire world.

What has yet to happen is that she still did not execute her final blow.

Princess Yao Yue exclaimed furiously, “I will kill you right now!”

Xiao Yu Er said, " If someone's stomach were to be full, surely his intelligence will be much affected. If you were to kill me now, how can you say this act to be considered successful? Unexpectedly the Floral Princess that is highly respected does not allow others to answer nature's call first.

Princess Yao Yue gritted her teeth and stared at him for a moment, and suddenly smiled coldly, “Fine, you can go, I don’t believe you still have any tricks left.”

(Quoted from Jean)

Don't your guys find it strange that at first she says wants to kill him. And then all of a sudden she allow Xiao Yu Er to answer nature's call.

I agree with Dendroid King, some things don't seem to make much sense. His detailed discription does make it more believable although I think that the FP servants were just torturing TXL, not raping her.
    Thank you Jean and Dendroid King for all your hard work!
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

I did some digging around the translation forum and found some posts by Athena regarding these cut scenes. She mentioned that all the copies on the net are cut and are not from the first edition. From the way she wrote it, it seems the later edition has many scenes cut.