Thread: Chris Benoit

Default Chris Benoit

For those who don't know Chris Benoit, he was one of the greatest sports entertainment wrestlers of all-time. For those who know who Chris Benoit is, you would know that he was a class act in and outside the ring. Today is truly a sad day for not only all of sports entertainment, but the whole world as we have just lost a great father, role model and human being. Rest in peace Chris and rest assured you will never be forgotten.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

WTF, what happened? I was like, why did Nitro replace Benoit at the ppv. So he died?

It looks like his wife Nancy, aka Woman died as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    WTF, what happened? I was like, why did Nitro replace Benoit at the ppv. So he died?

It looks like his wife Nancy, aka Woman died as well?
    And eight year old son, Daniel. Just tragic.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

kinda strange, the incident, isnt it?

why would he want to kill his fmaily, as the speculation goes?

and why would anyone wanna kill he and his family? somekind of revenge plot or something?

strange....

Pretty untiming too with the "supposed death" of Vince McMahon.

It now looks like Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend, then himself today.

http://nodq.com/wwe/184837785.shtml

I always thought Benoit was going to die early because he takes A LOT of bumps in the ring, and just looking at him, he looks worn. I never expected his life to end this way though. It's a sad day.
    This account is retired.

I didn't know what to make out of this when I first read this thread. I thought it was one of those tasteless plots churned out by McMahon.

I remember the first time I saw Benoit in the ring with Kurt Angle. I was thinking, 'this Benoit guy must be pretty good to be able to pull off those grappling maneuvres on Angle'.

Still can't understand what could cause a man to kill his own family...

BTW wasn't Benoit pretty tight with Guerrero? Sad to lose both within so short a time.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

I am sorry but the dude killed his own wife and kid, I don't feel any sympathy for him. He has got to be pretty messed up to kill his own son and wife. The title of this thread should be retitled to 'In Memory of Nancy and Daniel Benoit'. Those two were the victims. And if drugs are found in his body after all the test, I'd hate him even more.
    Last edited by GuGu; 06-26-07 at 08:02 PM.

oh boy, I'm here in US for the second time, and was shocked to learn that Chris Benoit died. Way back in Nov 2005 when i frist came to US, Guerero past away. seems like a jinx to WWE? i'll be leaving US end of the week though.

Guerrero died due to health reasons.

Chris Benoit died after murdering his wife and child then hanging himself to death. Please don't compare the two.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Preliminary announcement say that he tied up and then strangled his wife on FRI. Then killed his son with a wrestling hold, choking him to death. Then finally hung himself. He placed a bible next to each body.

He was on roids. No surprise there. Though no word yet if roids were responsible.

The WWE immediately released a statement trying to say that Benoit was clean and that there's no evidence that roids had nothing to do with the incident.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Guerrero died due to health reasons.

Chris Benoit died after murdering his wife and child then hanging himself to death. Please don't compare the two.
    please read it carefully, i did not compare the two of them.

ironically, your post seems closer to comparing them than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I am sorry but the dude killed his own wife and kid, I don't feel any sympathy for him. He has got to be pretty messed up to kill his own son and wife. The title of this thread should be retitled to 'In Memory of Nancy and Daniel Benoit'. Those two were the victims. And if drugs are found in his body after all the test, I'd hate him even more.
    Well when the thread was started there wasn't any news released about the possibility that Benoit had murdered his family. If he did, I would be extremely appauled by his behaviour. As for feeling sympathy for him? I feel sad that such a great person is possibly a murderer...anyone who follows even a tad of wrestling will have heard nothing but praise about his character. I fear the worst since there appears to be evidence of weird text messages coming from Benoit to the WWE on Sunday which is after the death of his wife Nancy on Saturday. But I stand by Bret Hart, who is also shocked by the allegations, that I wouldn't judge the situation until everything is cleared.

For those interested in hearing the Bret Hart interview, you can watch it here.

http://sitemail.hostway.com/sitemail...D1%26popup%3D1

omgoshhh. i heard about this yesterday and was sooo shocked! i thought someone murdered them!
    but then as it turns out, he was the murderer
    this is so sad. i rooted for this guy when i was forced to watch wrestling. he was a really good wrestler. he and Guerero made such a good tag team. this really sucks. ;[

and i heard on the news that the steriods he was taking may be the cause for his depression and phsycotic actions.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Let's honor Chris Benoit and remember him as a class act, great father, role model, and human being after HE KILLED HIS WIFE and 7-yr-old SON.
    Last edited by jay_z; 06-27-07 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z View Post
    Let's honor Chris Benoit and remember him as a class act, great father, role model, and human being after HE KILLED HIS WIFE and 7-yr-old SON.
    Well when the thread was started there wasn't any news released about the possibility that Benoit had murdered his family.

Anyways. As more and more details come out, I have lost the respect I had of Benoit. I'm sure all wrestling fans are enraged and want to know the answer to the question, why? Unfortunately, it'll be tough to find the motives behind this case. For anyone who wants to know updates to this horrible case...

Chris Benoit's 9 Text Messages Revealed
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/184951005.shtml

Descriptive Details of the Three Deaths(caution: "descriptive"
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/184951117.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by wang23 View Post
    Well when the thread was started there wasn't any news released about the possibility that Benoit had murdered his family.

Anyways. As more and more details come out, I have lost the respect I had of Benoit. I'm sure all wrestling fans are enraged and want to know the answer to the question, why? Unfortunately, it'll be tough to find the motives behind this case. For anyone who wants to know updates to this horrible case...

Chris Benoit's 9 Text Messages Revealed
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/184951005.shtml

Descriptive Details of the Three Deaths(caution: "descriptive"
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/184951117.shtml
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think your news articles give you the answer to that question....'illegal steroid' which causes 'paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."'

He probably killed his kid and wife when he was high on the drug, then later when he woke up, he saw what he did and hung himself.

That's pretty sad...heard about the news a couple of days ago..shocked to hear that he killed his family..

As for steriods being the cause, I have my doubts. When trajedies happen alot of the time the media will try to pin the accusations on one "thing" ,be it video games,drugs,rap/rock/goth music you name it... I know some friends who have taken steriods/testosterone and the worse side affect seemed to be acne. Obviously they were not heavy or prolonged users... IMO IF steriods did play a factor the guy most likely had some serious mental issues to begin with.

Anyways I feel so bad for his son, at 7 years old you havent even begun to expierence life
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Default Steroids, other drugs found in Benoit's body

Credited to MSNBC.COM

Steroids, other drugs found in Benoit's body
    Pro wrestler killed wife, 7-year-old son before hanging himself in June

DECATUR, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family’s home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit’s body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state’s top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler’s body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

“An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person’s thought process or behavior,” he said.

Sperry said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit’s wife had a “therapeutic” level of sedatives in her body.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.

Anabolic steroids were found in the home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as “roid rage.”

Benoit’s wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit’s personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin’s office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.