View Poll Results: Which team is going to win?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northern Heroes

18 52.94%
  • Big Demon Heads

16 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team War: Team Northern Heroes vs. Team Big Demon Heads

Default Team War: Team Northern Heroes vs. Team Big Demon Heads

It has been a dark, dreadful month for Central Plains wulin, full of bloodshed and tearshed. Ever since the 2 big demonic cults, Ming Cult and Sun Moon Cult, joined hands to form the ultimate Demon Cult (yep, Zhang Wuji and his cronies went over to the dark side), everyone from the orthodox side could not rest or eat well. The inexplicable bloodlust of the Demon Cult could not be quenched. Assassinations throughout the country were happening at an alarming rate. All the "Big Name" Orthodox sects, schools and clans suffered, losing loved ones, unskilled juniors and skilled seniors. Even Shaolin, Wudang and Beggar Clan were not spared from the cruel assassinations.

A black flag with a red skull in the center of it was always found near the murder scene, along with a blood-written message on the ground or nearby wall. Are these assassinations done by pirates from the sea, you wonder? Clearly not, the flag symbolized the newly form Demon Cult. The message stated that to avoid further assassinations, the people must put out the black flag at the main front doors, which meant friendship with the Demon Cult (aka being taken over by them). Some of the smaller clans and sects hesitantly complied, fearing for their pitiful lives, risking the wrath of the "righteous" side and hoping their low-level martial arts can get them somewhere in the Demon Cult.

No one knew where the new Demon Cult headquarters was located but elite martial artists have been searching in teams all over the country, looking to exterminate them once and for all. Countless mountains and valleys have been searched thoroughly. It was at this time that a rumor floated around the northern villages and towns that the Demon Cult headquarters was located at an isolated mountain up in the Northern region.

Locals called it Mount Hell-Phoenix, because firstly any brave person who tried to climb/explore the mountain never came back alive, as if trying to climb it equated stepping into hell. Many unknown dangers lurked about on the mountain. Secondly, one needed a decent level of lightness kung-fu to even get above the base of the mountain, hence one needed to fly like a phoenix to get anywhere on the mountain.

Indeed, the Demon Cult HQ was located on this mountain, they had a secret entranceway leading to a series of tunnels that they constructed, allowing the no namers Cult members to reach the Peak where the leaders met and discussed. A trio of highly skilled martial artists arrived at the base of mountain and in a flash, started scaling the slippery, steep mountain path, displaying mastery of top-class lightness kungfu. Who were these courageous men to dare climb up Mount Hell-Phoenix?

Beyond the base of the mountain, numerous groups of Demon Cult members hid about, being on guard and prepared to ambush any trespassers. They had no clue their bodies would soon be beaten down by a series of ferocious palms by the trio heading up the mountain.

Back in the Peak's main building, the 4 Big Demon Heads discussed out their evil plan. "In this month, we have already accomplished our objective of putting fears in people's hearts. Who dares to go against the new Demon Cult right now? No one dares to make any big movement. Many small sects and clans have already gone under our wing. We have also successfully decentralized the power of Central Plains Wulin temporarily as they spread out to search fruitlessly for our base. It is time for our next move," said Ren Woxing.

"That is correct. We have commanded our skilled underlings (aka 4 former Ming Cult Lords, 2 Brightness Peak Protectors and Xiang Wentian) to spy and report diligently on any movements of the "big name" schools. We must focus our efforts now and take out the Beggar Clan here in the north and clearly establish our stronghold before anything else," Yang Dingtian added solemnly.

"Could it be that both of you are scared of the skilled heroes up here in the north?" DongFang Bubai laughed cockily. "There is no need to worry at all as the problem will be handled in a short while," answered Zhang Wuji.

Ren Woxing and Yang Dingtian looked at each other cluelessly. "Hahaha. What darling Wuji said is true, since these Northern skilled heroes are already here," replied DongFang Bubai. Both Ren Woxing and Yang Dingtian gasped in surprise as the doors to the building came blasting apart.

As the dust cleared, three men walked in, with a mystifying heroic aura surrounding them. One had white hair, one had grey hair and the last guy just had A LOT OF HAIR. It was the trio who scaled the mountain earlier. Who were they?

"The Northern heroes certainly deserve their reputations. But out of all the Northern heroes, the only ones skilled enough to climb all the way to the peak seemingly undetected and uninjured are Northern Qiao Feng (aka Xiao Feng), Northern Hero Guo Jing and Northern Beggar Hong Qigong," said Ren Woxing. "You three deserve my admiration," Yang Dingtian added. Zhang Wuji stood up and cupped his fists across his chest as a sign of respect. Without a doubt, it was indeed those 3 who charged up the mountain. Both Ren Woxing and Yang Dingtian highly desired to recruit such elite masters.

Earlier, each one of the trio have ingested two 9 Jade Flower Pills to replenish their internal energy right before blasting the doors apart. They were secretly surprised when they heard that their presence was detected, knowing that at least 2 of the Big Demon Heads were extremely skilled. But there was no turning back now.

"Cut the bull****. We've come to take you guys out!" exclaimed Hong Qigong. "Evil can never win against Good. We must exterminate all of you for the sake of Central Plains Wulin," Guo Jing said in a stern voice. "Prepare yourselves," Xiao Feng said simply while taking a good gulp of the fine wine from Hong Qigong's gourd. "Hey! Don't drink all of it. Save some for me for after the fight," Hong Qigong cried out.

Knowing it was impossible to recruit the trio, a team war had to happen. The Big Demon Heads prepared themselves. "Hmph. There was a path to heaven for you to walk on but instead you insist on crashing into an entranceless hell!" said Dong Fang Bubai.

THE TEAM WAR IS ON.

Team Northern Heroes:
    Guo Jing (Xiang Long 18 Zhang, L/R Hand Technique, Vacant Fist, Nine Yin Manual, Big Dipper Formation)
    +
    Xiao Feng (Xiang Long 18 Zhang, Dog-Beating Stick Technique, Shaolin Dragon Claws, Shaolin Demon-Subduing Palms)
    +
    Hong Qigong (Xiang Long 18 Zhang, Dog Beating Stick Technique)

versus Team Big Demon Heads:
    DFBB (Sunflower Manual, Sun Moon Cult Martial Arts)
    +
    Ren Woxing (Star-Absorbing Technique, Sun Moon Cult Martial Arts)
    +
    Yang Dingtian (Qian Kun Da Lo Yee, Ming Cult Martial Arts)
    +
    Zhang WuJi (9 Yang Manual, Tai Chi Fist, Tai Chi Sword Technique, Qian Kun Da Lo Yee)

Which team shall become victorious? Discuss and cast your votes.
    Last edited by augster123; 05-06-07 at 12:27 AM.

ZWJ ~ GJ

And RWX and YDT are just noobs..I wouldn't be surspied if H7G can at least tie with both of them..

Now the question remains...can XF take out DFBB?
    Still searching for my GuGu

RWX's level is probably around end of LOCH GJ/QQR level, probably more towards QQR than GJ. YDT was described to have reached a level higher than HSDS' Cheng Kun. They're a few notches behind ZWJ and DFBB no doubt but certainly no small potato.

I haven't read the novels, so this is probably a really stupid question, but who is YDT?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinPi View Post
    I haven't read the novels, so this is probably a really stupid question, but who is YDT?
    Yang Dingtian was the Ming Cult Leader before Zhang Wuji took over in the novel Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre. He mastered up to the fourth level of Qian Kun Da Lo Yee. He is also Cheng Kun's sworn enemy because Yang Dingtian supposedly "stole" his lover. Yang Dingtian ends up dying because of fire deviation in the Ming Cult secret underground tunnel beneath Brightness Peak. Many years later, Cheng Kun, who has raised his martial arts level to around a Du generation monk (3 Du monks ~ a Great), still claimed his martial arts to be inferior to the deceased Yang Dingtian.

I am voting for the demons cos IMO, DFBB's speed is way too fast for even XF... so yeah...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    I am voting for the demons cos IMO, DFBB's speed is way too fast for even XF... so yeah...
    If XF can keep up with the speed of DY. DFBB should be no problem for him.
    ..ext88

Originally Posted by Extremer88

If XF can keep up with the speed of DY. DFBB should be no problem for him.
    That was at the beginning of the story yes? When the two of them just met? If so then DY was not at his peak as yet... if which then i still think that DFBB might still be faster than XF
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

right. XF and DY were comparing lightness kungfu at that point: DFBB's speed is in his attacking movement. remember, it's not just speed that's DFBB's ally. PXJF --- and KHBD, by extension --- relies on strange, unorthodox movements somewhat like 9yin. XF is going to have to contend with all of that -- unless he does what he always does and lets out a big, roaring neon dragon hadoken (thank you TVB and your cut rate special FX).
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post
    right. XF and DY were comparing lightness kungfu at that point: DFBB's speed is in his attacking movement. remember, it's not just speed that's DFBB's ally. PXJF --- and KHBD, by extension --- relies on strange, unorthodox movements somewhat like 9yin. XF is going to have to contend with all of that -- unless he does what he always does and lets out a big, roaring neon dragon hadoken (thank you TVB and your cut rate special FX).
    Again XF is underestimed, he's always underrated - and I don't understand why.
    ..ext88

With both Kiu Fung and Hung 7 Gung involved, it'll be a major miracle if this fight doesn't degenerate into a night of drunken debauchery after about an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Again XF is underestimed, he's always underrated - and I don't understand why.
    Again?

This is the forum that had once declared that XF was invincible in a topic. If anything, XF tends to be far overestimated.

hey hey, i'm not underestimating XF at all.

but let's face it, he wasn't the most powerful character in DGSD by a long shot. i suppose what i'm doing is not underestimating DFBB...

i had always felt that DFBB could take on a Great. and i have also always felt that the Degrading Martial Arts Theory is a load of crock.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Again?

This is the forum that had once declared that XF was invincible in a topic. If anything, XF tends to be far overestimated.
    Maybe I'm too obssessed with XF.
    ..ext88

So how fast exactly is DFBB? How do you quantify this? Speed is relative. Only as fast as from the perspective of the observer.

Because, if somebody is suggesting that he is so fast as to be able to overwhelm somebody like XF, I'm imagining it needs to be such godly speed that'll even scare somebody like Sweeper Monk. Is he as fast as Sweeps?

This suggestion sort of defies my inter-spatial perception a little bit. Even considering the people who I think can beat XF, like Sweeps, XZ, XY elders the likes, I'm not thinking that they'll be so bloody fast that XF can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng View Post
    So how fast exactly is DFBB? How do you quantify this? Speed is relative. Only as fast as from the perspective of the observer.

Because, if somebody is suggesting that he is so fast as to be able to overwhelm somebody like XF, I'm imagining it needs to be such godly speed that'll even scare somebody like Sweeper Monk. Is he as fast as Sweeps?

This suggestion sort of defies my inter-spatial perception a little bit. Even considering the people who I think can beat XF, like Sweeps, XZ, XY elders the likes, I'm not thinking that they'll be so bloody fast that XF can't do anything about it.
    Well, LHC can blind a dozen or two men in a single stroke in the blink of an eye, yet was getting out-speeded like a mofo by DFBB. Just as food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Well, LHC can blind a dozen or two men in a single stroke in the blink of an eye, yet was getting out-speeded like a mofo by DFBB. Just as food for thought.
    That was a DG9J moment, in which it allowed LHC (when he was as sick as a dog and without the use of internal energy whatsoever) to somehow alter the time-space continuum ala Hiro Nakamura.

So, do you think he/she will out-speed Sweeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng View Post
    That was a DG9J moment, in which it allowed LHC (when he was as sick as a dog and without the use of internal energy whatsoever) to somehow alter the time-space continuum ala Hiro Nakamura.

So, do you think he/she will out-speed Sweeps?
    I honestly have no clue.

Regarding the DG9J moment though, remember that the book said that DG9J (much like Xiao Feng) was more powerful and stronger when the opponent was stronger as well; hence, vs RWX, LHC was busting out moves that he couldn't have busted out against Huang Zhong. And yet DG9J -still- wasn't able to haxxor past DFBB.

Then again, Sweeps is pretty much unfathomable as well...so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    As logic may presme, doing ONE quick stroke isn't hard.. I'm sure most of us can swing a decently-weighted sword somewhat quickly, it's about MULTIPLE COORDINATED quick strikes that count, which is what DFBB does especially with just a needle

IMBA!! 4 badass>3pussies.

ZWJ + YDT both equipped with QKDNY shen gong could toy both GJ and HQG, re-directing their strikes.

RWX would then backstab them and suck their energy, not much of a boost but still better then nothing.

DFBB does'nt like macho man, so he'll probably kill XF off in a minute or two cutting the foreplay to minumum. No doubt he has zero interest in a douchebag or an old man, "KABLOOM BLA" there goes GJ and HQG.

Man...I'll bet my last dime it was that dummy GJ who planned this suicidal run.