23 56.10%
  • MySpace

10 24.39%
  • Others

8 19.51%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook vs. Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I have both, but rarely visit any of them. Personally, I like the layout of Myspace much better as facebook is really boring in comparison.
    Hong Kong 'money-bags' Li Ka-shing is about to invest $15 million US in Facebook and Microsoft invested even more...a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I absolutely detest the piece of crap that is MySpace. Its design brings back memories of the world wide web from the mid 1990s where the designers had no HTML skill. It's slow, looks horrible, and has way too much embedded junk on it. It's a programmer's nightmare.

Facebook, on the other hand, is simple and clean. I love it.
    Yes, I agree
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Unfortunately, recently Facebook is following MySpace's messy footsteps by introducing hundreds and thousands of new applications that you can add to your profile. I've seen some profiles with ~30 applications, and the profile takes several minutes to load. IMO that makes navigation cumbersome. But, some applications are fun and useful, people just need to find the balance.

That said, Facebook still looks heaps cleaner than Myspace.

The second biggest turn-off about MySpace is that random spammers add you to their friend's list every day! It has lost all credibility with me.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I prefer Myspace; so much simpler!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I'm beginning to enjoy playing around with features in Facebook, especially Friends for Sale. That application is like stock market. LOL Sometimes, the minifeed (to shows the transactions and events that took place) crashes due to high volume of traffic flow... Clearly shows, just like the stock, it crashes too. LOL

The layout sofar, is neat with reasonable restrictions to stop people from messing it up. Part of the facebook allows HTML, which is excellent!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I have both Facebook and MySpace accounts, but I hate MySpace interface, it's not intuitive at all.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

facebook, because we don't have to deal with all the loud music, glittery sparkles, and all that disgusting junk that pops up when you go into myspace. it reminds me of what asianavenue used to be.

yeap, i have a facebook account. never had a myspace. . .will never have one!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Genius, isn't it?

My original motto for the group was gonna be "Behind every SPCNET post, there is a face."
    LOL. I'm curious to see the faces of people i talked to on here. i added a request to join the spcnet group. add me.

I have facebook too but I rarely use it. I only go on when some of my friends send me a message. Feel free to add me on too...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I prefer others: SPCNET Visitor Message @ VM @ Wall LOL

I virtually live myself there accept when I go to sleep

what's vm?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner