Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Digital Camera

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    -_-

i'm not asking which is the better deal. i'm no mathematician, but i know that 2gb > 1 gb. and that a 2gb for 30 bucks is $15/ gb < $18.

what i'm asking, are these good prices for memory cards, as compared to prices elsewheres?
    they're OK, even SD 1GB runs at around 12 bucks, and that's the cheapest type of flash memory. Plus for xD flash i don't think you'll see discount often.

if it's 30 shipped for 2GB it's ok, SD cards are around 25 for 2GB but your memory type is more expensive.

MysteriouX: the convient of having 1 large card so that when you view/take pictures you won't have to take it in/out of the camera/computer is sometimes worth the extra bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    MysteriouX: the convient of having 1 large card so that when you view/take pictures you won't have to take it in/out of the camera/computer is sometimes worth the extra bucks.
    true but sometimes its better to carry a spare card.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 07-14-07 at 06:24 AM.

Uh...I skimmed through the piles of chatting and then some tid-bits about on-topic discussion.

I'm planning to buy a new, slimmer and more compact camera. My first digi-camera is three years old and not exactly small. It's a Canon 610A, I'm considering buying a small one so I can put in my pocket or purse. Maybe a Nikon, Olympus or another Canon. Any suggestions?

What's out there now? Should I wait until November and buy them on Black Friday?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

SS, between Nikon and Canon, one is better for outdoor shots while the other is better for indoor (I think Nikon is the one better for outdoor). This is what I was told by a camera veteran. Generally, Olympus is strong against bad weather. Olympus performs under a hectic weather (i.e cold weather), this is through my personal experience. I had a Olympus C-50 Zoom Digital Camera, and loved it.

That's my references for you.

P/s: SS, it's important to consider what are your expectation besides the compact (higher pixellations, wider-screen, etc) then google them away. When you have a few models in mind, read on their reviews and comments to the reviews in Amazon, then google the imagines shot by the camera in Flickr (Say, example: google - Nikon Coolpix P80). No guarantees if you'll find pictures taken by your desired camera but feel free to google away.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-20-08 at 12:29 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

get the Canon Powershot SD 1100IS.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/canon-sd1100-colors.jpg')
    i bought the brown one in may and it's for a point n shoot

Yay! Post some more pictures of cameras, I want to see.
    Out of that lot, I'd pick the blue or silver one. The Brown one reminds me of chocolate.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.