Thread: Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, and Leung Tze Yung at Mt. Hua

Default Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, and Leung Tze Yung at Mt. Hua

At the end of LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES, Sa Tung Teen, Pang Ling Fu, and Leung Tze Yung weren't *really* planning on competing in the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, were they? Considering their martial arts vis a vis the competition (i.e. the Greats), they would've been annihilated if they'd tried to participate. On the other hand, just what were they doing there?

martial cheerleaders.

definitely.

"cmon, WCY! bring it ONNNN!"
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Who are they again?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

The servants of YK and his father.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

hey, great show, who'd miss it? could be like watching a basketball or baseball game

Who think they will actually jump in to fight if one of the Greats were actually up on the stage?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default What did Sa Tung Teen, Pang Lin Fu, and Leung Tze Yung have in mind at Mt. Hua?

Just before the great battle among East Heretic Wong Yerk See, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, and Gwok Jing at the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, former Jin Empire lackeys Sa Tung Teen, Pang Ling Fu, and Leung Tze Yung showed up. Were they *seriously* there hoping to compete in the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament? Those guys weren't the brightest bulbs in the world, but they surely realized that they had a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of surviving a confrontation with any one of the Greats, let alone three of them plus a young fighter who was probably halfway to being a Great himself. I remember these guys being cowards. I can't believe they'd assume that risk. Even if they were entertaining thoughts of using dirty, underhanded methods to achieve their goals (whatever their goals were), they must have had enough common sense to realize that their dirty tricks wouldn't work on three and a half Greats.

Maybe they just wanted to watch, or ambush weaker people who wanted to go and watch along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    Maybe they just wanted to watch, or ambush weaker people who wanted to go and watch along the way.

I can understand if they wanted to watch. Probably the whole wulin would like to watch. I don't see any point in ambushing people for the purpose of ambushing people though.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I can understand if they wanted to watch. Probably the whole wulin would like to watch. I don't see any point in ambushing people for the purpose of ambushing people though.
    Ya, but it's nicer to give them some mean motives rather than just some innocent wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time scenario which resulted in them being incarcerated for so many years, whatever their past wrongs. Maybe they thought they could rob weaker people who wanted to watch?

Knowing how they are not really on good terms with some of the Greats and their buddies, its actually quite stupid of them to risk going to Mt Hua. If I were them I would stay far far away. Plenty of people to ambush and rob all over the rest of China.

"stupid" seems a fair word to describe that lot, actually...

Yeah, they kinda forgot that HYS and H7G would be there.

In the end, ZBT took care of them with HR's advice. Hate to see what HYS would do to them.

Default Were Sa Tung Teen and Pang Lin Fu seriously thinking about competing at Mt. Hua?

Sa Tung Teen and Pang Lin Fu showed up at Mt. Hua just before the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, only to be taken into Cheun Jen Sect custody by Chow Bak Tung and Yau Chui Gei. What were these small-time villains hoping to accomplish at Mt. Hua? Were they seriously thinking about competing in the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament? They knew how much more powerful than they were each of the Greats was, and throughout LOCH, they had been terrified of the Greats. Why the sudden crazy idea to go to Mt. Hua when there would be no fewer than three Greats present?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Sa Tung Teen and Pang Lin Fu showed up at Mt. Hua just before the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, only to be taken into Cheun Jen Sect custody by Chow Bak Tung and Yau Chui Gei. What were these small-time villains hoping to accomplish at Mt. Hua? Were they seriously thinking about competing in the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament? They knew how much more powerful than they were each of the Greats was, and throughout LOCH, they had been terrified of the Greats. Why the sudden crazy idea to go to Mt. Hua when there would be no fewer than three Greats present?
    What's Pang Lin Fu in Mandarin?

Ken Cheng wrote:
    Sha Tongtian and Peng Lianhu showed up at Mt. Hua just before the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, only to be taken into Quanzhen Sect custody by Zhou Botong and Qiu Chuji. What were these small-time villains hoping to accomplish at Mt. Hua? Were they seriously thinking about competing in the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament? They knew how much more powerful than they were each of the Greats was, and throughout LOCH, they had been terrified of the Greats. Why the sudden crazy idea to go to Mt. Hua when there would be no fewer than three Greats present?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Ken Cheng wrote:
    Sha Tongtian and Peng Lianhu showed up at Mt. Hua just before the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, only to be taken into Quanzhen Sect custody by Zhou Botong and Qiu Chuji. What were these small-time villains hoping to accomplish at Mt. Hua? Were they seriously thinking about competing in the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament? They knew how much more powerful than they were each of the Greats was, and throughout LOCH, they had been terrified of the Greats. Why the sudden crazy idea to go to Mt. Hua when there would be no fewer than three Greats present?
    Thank you.

@Above
    I think there is a glossary with all the languages in english somewhere

As for what they were doing, I doubt they were there to actually compete, maybe jsut to see what's going on? Curiosity is strong, if I were a medium leveled martial artist I would love to see the masters compete.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    @Above
    I think there is a glossary with all the languages in english somewhere

As for what they were doing, I doubt they were there to actually compete, maybe jsut to see what's going on? Curiosity is strong, if I were a medium leveled martial artist I would love to see the masters compete.
    I can't see Wong Yerk See or Au Yeung Fung tolerating these losers' presence while they duel. Even the easygoing Hung 7 Gung is unlikely to want them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I can't see Wong Yerk See or Au Yeung Fung tolerating these losers' presence while they duel. Even the easygoing Hung 7 Gung is unlikely to want them around.
    Well I think the master's would be too busy concentrating on the upcoming fight and saving their energy rather than care too much about spectators, as last time they took 7 days & nights, which claimed the lives of H7g and OYF in the next book, so the stress on their bodies must be incredible.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情