1 2.33%
  • 3 - Carmen

7 16.28%
  • 4 - I Believe

18 41.86%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET A Capella - Final Round

Edited... Wrong post...
    Last edited by Pacifian; 05-09-07 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    wise yearning, there u go assuming again.... i have annoyed both genders. try not to read too much at face value since you don't know my connections with sparky and sugar (whom u thought i was stalking them).

i maintain my stance that ghost is male.......his friendster profile maybe some bizzare gender bender role playing

My, aren't you ever so proud at being so effective at annoying everyone?

Ok, let's not go off topic here. I think the people should reveal themselves after the contest is over. It's not like there's anything to be embarassed about.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Ok, let's not go off topic here. I think the people should reveal themselves after the contest is over. It's not like there's anything to be embarassed about.
    i think it's up to the contestants to reveal themselves. if they don't feel comfortable coming forth, then we shouldn't pressure them...
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

I voted for Mr. I Believe... is that one Mr Illusion?

Hey Barli Cow, i noticed you voted for #4.. if you want your vote to be counted, you need to make 18 more posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    #3 - would anyone please tell me what song is this in english? i know ive heard this melody.....newayz...wow.....such loud and strong voice! i enjoy listening to this one!
    It's called Habanera from the French opera Carmen. It was used alot in Bugs Bunny cartoons along with many other classics. The original is in French, but I've heard it sung in many languages.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I voted for Mr. I Believe... is that one Mr Illusion?
    MrIllusion is in the finals?
    okay i still gotta listen to them.

i thought mr illusion didnt make it b/c of dragonite, but she pulled out
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i thought mr illusion didnt make it b/c of dragonite, but she pulled out
    Really? Then who did I vote for?

Mr Illusion didn't make it in the BGM division but he made it in the ACD division.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

"I Believe" could have been much better without some of the white noise in the background. It was an improvement over the submitted version

"I Believe" could have been much better without some of the white noise in the background. It was an improvement over the submitted version
    How come you're online?! Aren't u supposed to be working?

Anyway, a toughie between #1 and #4 for me. #1 has the strongest vocals out of the lot imo and i felt she displayed alot of emotions into that rendition of Broken Vow. #4 however, had a more enjoying song imo, eventhough he's vocals are not as strong.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    How come you're online?! Aren't u supposed to be working?
    thats an odd question coming from you sunny. i am at work! i wish i was somewhere

thats an odd question coming from you sunny. i am at work! i wish i was somewhere
    What a nice job where you're constantly on Spcnet. I doubt my prof would've been happy if I was surfing the Internet instead of reading primary papers.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    What a nice job where you're constantly on Spcnet. I doubt my prof would've been happy if I was surfing the Internet instead of reading primary papers.
    im just bored with my job...people told me its time to start my own business since every job i've had, i end up bored. you can help my boredom by arguing with me

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris View Post
    I don't mean to bring it up; 0-0-0 did.
    excuse me mr post number 35, with your first accusations. Just coz net thought you were the best match for me, doesn't mean that i did
    I'm sorry about all this spamming, but i think PA's comment in post #35 was uncalled for.

I am sure everyone who has downloaded the songs will appreciate Net's offer of uploading and streaming. It is certainly faster and more convenient than download sites. Anyone who downloaded the results from this competition and the previous actress battle royale would surely have noticed his professionalism.

Anyway, my comments on this division:

1) Beautiful voice and very emotional song choice. I absolutely loved this one. I think you sound more comfortable in this song than your other one. Your vocals are very smooth and the more i listen to it, the more i love your voice, which comes out so nicely in acappella.

2) Need i say again that i love what you bring to the competition. Your songs are always unique and special. I was surprised at your choice of song, but i definitely have to applaud you for it, because i know you are not as comfortable singing like this. You have a nice voice and i always love listening to your entries. You are one versatile and highly talented singer.

3) I can't hear the high notes properly on this one, so it's harder to judge how well you maintained them. On the other hand, everything else in this entry is great. As i've said several times, you have a very nice, sweet voice and clearly several male fans... (lol)... It's a lovely song that i've known since i was young, though not in chinese. You have a great voice and i'm glad you recovered it before the final submission.

4) First female instinct is to drool. You have a beautiful voice and the song you chose happens to be one i like very much, albeit never hearing the chinese version. I think you sound more comfortable singing with background music, however your acappella entries are also fantastic.

I can't pick a winner at the moment, but one thing i will note is that female voices generally sound better acappella than male voices.

In hopes of ending this thing nicely ...

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    I'm sorry about all this spamming, but i think PA's comment in post #35 was uncalled for.
    It probably is - and for that, I apologise. I hadn't any idea it would achieve an unintended effect: of pissing off people when I originally just thought of adding some little bit of "fun". No doubt it turned out to be facetious humour, and even then, I had no idea it would backfire like this.

excuse me mr post number 35, with your first accusations.
    And now they became accusations ...

It amuses me wryly that people just had to sink that darned message in:

As i said before, phoenix, making up quotes for other people is easy
    No they aren't .... They are difficult .... You'll need to repeat it again.

Quote Originally Posted by lailac
    the evidence (wait, can we even consider fabricated posts as evidence?) that you've coughed up is pathetic and self-obsorbed.
    Yes madaammm. It's the first time I knew that was not counted as evidence. You've enlightened me today. *turns around to find a spotlight shining onto me*

Quote Originally Posted by lailac
    The alledged confessions from 0-0-0 are fake as they are too cheasy and don't sound anything like what Ms. prim and proper would say.
    Great! I even need a two-marks-worth-of explanation telling me the factors which contributed to how I didn't sound like 0-0-0.

With all due respects to 0-0-0 and lailac, I may have been tactless, rude, mean, whatsoever .... But here, I am spelling it out to you in simple (perhaps not so grammatical) English that all I meant was a bloodied joke (if you can call it) which was supposed to be anything but malice.

Now that's been said, all these unnecessary stuff should end by now, so go enjoy the rest of the competition.

PA,
    Yeah, I read that post, personally I found it harilous and it turning out to becoming more like a SPCNET online Comedy Club; who got the best jokes.

I like 2 and 4.. but settled with 4..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

was goin to vote a little later but i felt like voting olredi...so here it is im a loyal fan hehehe
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!