8 18.60%
  • 2 - Bong Dang Thien Than

6 13.95%
  • 3 - Xian Jian Wen Qing

29 67.44%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Background Music - Final Round

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Well, we know he's vietnamese. We know #1 is Cantonese. We know #3 is -----. Hehe.
    maybe i shouldn't vote in this division. i dont understand cantonese, vietnamese or mandarin. they all sound mumbo jumbo to me!!!
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    maybe i shouldn't vote in this division. i dont understand cantonese, vietnamese or mandarin. they all sound mumbo jumbo to me!!!

lol! mumbo jumbo? and this is from a person who came from an imaginary planet?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

WOW bravo to all!!!

#1 - Very clear voice and has a great flow to it too.....

#2 - BGM is too loud, but the voice is awesome nonetheless! wonderful, wonderful! i really like this one.....

#3 - Simply beautiful! Good job!!

im torn between all those songs.....but right now im rooting for #3
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 05-09-07 at 01:11 AM.

Title: K Ge Zhi Wang (The King of K)
    Artist: Eason Chan
    Language: Cantonese

COMMENTS: I chose this song not because I think I am the K of Karaoke by any means, but because we are in a karaoke contest, even though the "contest" is just for fun. I thought it's an appropriately themed song. Thank you for listening to my entry.
    hearing this entry of urs, i must say that u really are the king of k bravo bravo bravo!!!

Title: Bong Dang Thien Than
    Language: Vietnamese

COMMENTS: (written by 0-0-0, pending email from entrant) The song was originally a popular Chinese song, but the version sung here is Vietnamese. He chose this song because he was concerned that his English pronunciation was not great. He hope you will enjoy this entry as much as the last one.
    how can u say that ur english pronunciation was not great? from what i heard from ur previous entry, it sounds very articulate u really hav a great singing talent! hearing ur song made me wanna hum along and sing along with it though it was my first time to hear that song (n my first time to hear a vietnamese song too, unless i hav heard one before but didnt know it was vietnamese)

Title: Xian Jian Wen Qing
    Artist: Xiao Ren Feng
    Language: Mandarin

COMMENTS: Song is a bit hard for me in enunciating all the words. I hope i did alright.^^ I always really liked this song and since it is spcnet, I wanted to add some wuxia elements to the competition ^_^
    omg!!! it was fantastic!!! enuf said!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

by the way, i wud like to thank :

net for waking up in the middle of the night to post the polls

triple 0 for this wonderful event

pem for being net's alarm clock

and spc for sponsoring this event!

oh, n of course the participants too

without them, this event wud not hav been possible cheers to all
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

darn - it's so hard to choose!
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

If it has not been stated at the beginning that #2 is a Vietnamese song, I would have thought it's a thai song.

This is the first vietnamese song I heard.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

To be honest, i thought 3 was not a good choice for her because it's so difficult to keep up with the background music. The song itself is nice and soothing- the fact that it happens to be one of my favourite songs probably helps- but i'm still a bit disappointed about your song choice because it doesn't really show off your vocals because of the limited range.

anyway, i just noticed that net posted these at 3 am in the morning... i guess i'll be asleep when they close too, and you know what that means net...

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    anyway, i just noticed that net posted these at 3 am in the morning... i guess i'll be asleep when they close too, and you know what that means net...
    it means the polls will be closed, 0-0-0 will tally the results the following day, and Net will put the results together after work

it means the polls will be closed, 0-0-0 will tally the results the following day, and Net will put the results together after work
    argh... i picked that day for a reason!!!

argh... i picked that day for a reason!!!
    you have a hot date? LOL
    its a Thursday... i can't do anything until I get home.

you have a hot date? LOL
    its a Thursday... i can't do anything until I get home.
    yeah, a hot date with an exam on the following day.

Damn ... This is ridiculously tough.

1. Handled the soft parts delicately - sometimes WAY too delicate. A natural but pity ... he needs to know the techniques.

I disagree with the part about him sounding like Eason though. You could call me biased, but I think he needs much more training and trimming on the areas he is weak at in order to get near Eason.

Among the three, he's the only one I find had some weak areas against his favour. Still - I'm not eliminating him out yet (Still choosing ....). After all, he's really good; just a few slips (furthermore, they are only slips in my opinion - I could be wrong as I've always have been) doesn't necessarily mean he was inferior or anything.

2. Tell me when your album comes out; that will be the first viet album I'll buy.

I'm feeling a little conflicted: I want to vote for him, but I don't know whether he's my favourite. Everytime I clicked on another song, my resolve to vote him would be somewhat wavered.

3. Extremely soothing ... well done! Just that the pronunciation did irk me a little (hey! I don't mean to be fussy - just a little pet peeve of mine).

*Still drumming my fingers thinking who to vote for...*
    Last edited by Phoenix_Aquaris; 05-09-07 at 01:56 PM.

Yeah it's really hard not to be personally biased about this. #1 song is a personal favourite, so that has a very soft spot in my heart, especially since #1 singer did it almost perfectly. I've heard his version before haha, and there's definitely improvement.

#2 I really like as well, not as much as "Give Me Your Love", but I may be personally biased since I prefer that song more and I couldn't understand this one. But I still say, great job.

#3 is where my personal bias comes along lol. There's no doubt that she's a great singer, but somehow this type/style of singing isn't my favourite. It kind of fits in with the more "Western" Celnie Dion/Mariah Carey/Faith Hill/Coco Lee (I know she's not Western, but the style, not the singer) style, which I'm not so hot about.

However, must be objective hmm......

I'm more partial to #1 because his song seems more difficult to sing compared to the other 2.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

K歌之王: strongest voice but bad song choice

xian jian wen qing: great song choice, good emotion but not a very difficult song i say

bong dang thien than: never heard of a viet song before either .. i can't really judge b/c i don't know what it's suppose to sound like .. but for some reason, i like it i think there's a cantonese version too ... can't think of who though

my decision .... give me a night to sleep on it

edit: after re-listening

#1: the beginning and ending were really good, but somehow u lost me a bit in the middle where the chorus is. the emotional attachment wasn't there. perhaps i enjoy eason's version sooo much that i'm using it as an arbitrage, very unfair to u i know. i know which one u were from round 1, and i definitely loved u from round 1 already ... haha

#2: xian jian: hmm - i cheated and listen to the real version. you sound so much better. wow. i'm amazed. if only u had the same studio

#3: loving it and getting addicted. i can see why everyone is having a hard time
    Last edited by pandamao; 05-09-07 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm more partial to #1 because his song seems more difficult to sing compared to the other 2.
    Yeah, i think 1 is definitely the hardest song of the three in terms of vocal range. However, 3 is my personal favourite for the songs.

it's too hard to decide at the moment. One thing i did notice was some people that didn't like number 3s voice in the previous round have changed their minds. I also notice a trend towards certain members voting for only wuxia songs...

it's too hard to decide at the moment. One thing i did notice was some people that didn't like number 3s voice in the previous round have changed their minds. I also notice a trend towards certain members voting for only wuxia songs...
    Her previous song wasn't quite impressive in my opinion, unlike the one this time round.

Still, I believe she can pick a song more suitable for her though. All your fault, 0-0-0, for rushing the candidates so much and placing so much pressure on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris View Post
    Her previous song wasn't quite impressive in my opinion, unlike the one this time round.

Still, I believe she can pick a song more suitable for her though. All your fault, 0-0-0, for rushing the candidates so much and placing so much pressure on them.
    well who wants to wait half a year for the final entries.

I think all three did really well in this round. It's hard to make a choice, so it boils down to some really nit picking details.

#1 didn't really catch my attention in the first round, but he really make me sit up this time around. Maybe not as professional as the other two, but I personally prefer those that sing with a reckless freedom than controlled precision.

#2.. I really wish you sung an english song, because Give me Your Love was a real favourite from Save the Last Dance, I'm still listening to it! but I can't understand vietnamese, so feel that something is lacking. and the background music is too loud at times.

#3, really wish you chose a different song as well.. The song is so wordy, but I didn't understand most of it, because of the pronunciation. But good try singing in a language you don't know, but maybe a slower one that you can enunciate better in and actually shows the range you can sing.