8 18.60%
  • 2 - Bong Dang Thien Than

6 13.95%
  • 3 - Xian Jian Wen Qing

29 67.44%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Background Music - Final Round

Default SPCNET Background Music - Final Round

Welcome to the final round of the SPCNET Singing Competition!

0-0-0: SPCNET seems to have been down while I was planning to post the final polls So NetDriftr has kindly offered to post them while I get my beauty sleep.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, one member has withdrawn from the background music division, so there will only be three entries. Congratulations to these finalists and a big thank you to everyone that participated.

The rules for this round are simple: vote for your favourite entry!

The restrictions applied in round 1 will be maintained for the finals. That is, voters registered after April 2007 will not be eligible to vote, neither will members with 20 posts. Those pending 20 posts may leave a message here and at the end of the voting period, they may be eligible. Similarly, clones created during the Actress Battle Royale will not be acceptable, and I assure you that I recognise every single one of those names having entered the entire list into a database.

Thanks must go to spcnet, who is generously sponsoring the competition. Vouchers for yesasia will be awarded to the winner/s.

Also, I must concede that NetDriftr has been a great help in running the competition with his unrivalled professionalism, ability to spark debate and most importantly, hosting the website which certainly beats having to download from megaupload or sendspace.

I have been accused of making this final round too "idol" like, BUT I think it's great for members to comment on the songs they chose and "speak to the voters."

Also, I am still in denial about the anonymity of this competition. Humour me by pretending that you have no idea who is who

You may download or listen to the songs here: http://www.blankie.net/spcnet

Title: K Ge Zhi Wang (The King of K)
    Artist: Eason Chan
    Language: Cantonese

COMMENTS: I chose this song not because I think I am the K of Karaoke by any means, but because we are in a karaoke contest, even though the "contest" is just for fun. I thought it's an appropriately themed song. Thank you for listening to my entry.

Title: Bong Dang Thien Than
    Language: Vietnamese

COMMENTS: (written by 0-0-0, pending email from entrant) The song was originally a popular Chinese song, but the version sung here is Vietnamese. He chose this song because he was concerned that his English pronunciation was not great. He hope you will enjoy this entry as much as the last one.

Title: Xian Jian Wen Qing
    Artist: Xiao Ren Feng
    Language: Mandarin

COMMENTS: Song is a bit hard for me in enunciating all the words. I hope i did alright.^^ I always really liked this song and since it is spcnet, I wanted to add some wuxia elements to the competition ^_^
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    0-0-0:

Also, I must concede that NetDriftr has been a great help in running the competition with his unrivalled professionalism, ability to spark debate and most importantly, hosting the website which certainly beats having to download from megaupload or sendspace.
    i wonder if he spiced up 0-0-0's little speech...

all right...off i go to listen to the songs!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    ah ghost u have little faith in me, do you?

Also, I am still in denial about the anonymity of this competition. Humour me by pretending that you have no idea who is who
    Don't worry, I for one don't know who is who, so all my votes are legit.

Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by Felix; 05-08-07 at 02:01 PM.

Heavens....

I've listened to the three songs over and over again, trying to find some fault which I could use to penalise two of them against a clear winner, but I just can't. I've never heard any of these three songs, and can't imagine the originals sounding better than these versions.

In retrospect, it's probably a blessing that Mr An Jing didn't make it here, or I'm pretty sure we'll have four equally magnificent songs out here pulling our hearts in different directions. Hopefully as I listen to them repeatedly over the next two weeks I'll be able to make a decision, but I'm not optimistic at all. At least the Acapella section seems to, for me, have an easier choice of winner there, but this one is just a nightmare.

Well done, all of you!!

Wow. No. #1 actually sounds like Eason.

I agree with Ian. Contestants here are really really good. Very hard to choose. And the recording, so professional.

How did u guys do it? Mine one has so many brackground noises. Even when I'm completely silent, there is still the white noise.

I'm so glad I didn't make it in this division or I'll just be humiliating myself competing with all these great singers.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-08-07 at 10:34 PM. Reason: change no #2 to #1. Match the wrong song with wrong number.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Actually, I think if you haven't the original, your vote will be more objective. The point is not to sing like the original singer. Be sure to listen to all 3 songs from start to finish before voting. It's worth it.

I think all 3 are very good. Different feel to each. Hard to choose. #2 really has a great voice for pop, especially for American pop.
    -----------

I see lots of views, but only 2 votes so far. Are these views from lurking guests?
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 05-08-07 at 05:46 PM.
    This account is retired.

1: goodness, u sound exactly like eason 10/10
    2: great tune/melody, i dont know viet, but sounded nice to the ears 9/10
    3: love the wuxia feel and the voice and the song and my vote goes here 10/10

:edit: i just heard #3 for like 10 times and i love the song. does any1 know the english name of the person that sang that song?
    Last edited by LuNaR; 05-08-07 at 05:39 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    actually, i wrote that...

Thanks NET!!!

I'm not sure how long SPCNET was down for, but i have exams coming so i need sleep.

I think it's just SO tough to vote in this division because they're all so good.

My comments:

1) Probably the least discussed of the three voices, but I think his singing is superb and I love his voice! I've heard a few songs from this member and they all sound terrific and very professional. I think you do sound a bit like Eason, but that's not a bad thing at all

2) Song choice probably gave you away this time... Anyway, i did notice that it sounds better when you listen with earphones than when you play it out loud. I wasn't aware of this balance problem because I've been listening on my ipod. Anyway, I love his voice, his professionalism and his song choice

3) You did an amazing job, first of all, with the pronunciation- it's an incredibly wordy song. This is difficult to sing because it has a much faster pace than it sounds, so it's very difficult to enunciate the words anyway. This girl has such a great voice that i don't need to point it out and i love the wuxia feel of the songs. Great work darling!

I think i'll wait a while before voting. This division is just too hard!

@Lunar: apart from Xian Jian Wen Qing... well i've never really heard of her. The original voice doesn't sound nice in the recording and i've always wished she had a smoother voice. Well i got my wish

I'm waiting for someone to vote before I vote.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to vote before I vote.
    ill wait till the last minute to vote

btw im sure one of ur votes will go to Mr An Jing

ill wait till the last minute to vote

btw im sure one of ur votes will go to Mr An Jing
    But I don't know which one is Mr An Jing, which category is he in? Isn't there two of them?

It's very apparent that a lot of heart, effort, and energy have been invested in this event ~ I'm very proud of each and everyone of you! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful talent ~ NetDriftr and 0-0-0 included.

Everyone did an amazing job! I listened to all the songs twice before casting the vote. I was particularly taken with song #2 because it was the one that I actually danced to while listening. It was one of those...right moment, right timing, and right song to start off a glorious morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    But I don't know which one is Mr An Jing, which category is he in? Isn't there two of them?
    what u dont know? u were swooning over the moon over Mr An Jing...
    surely his seductive singing is forever etched in your heart!!

i can't tell you which is Mr An Jing then... since i was privvy to the Final entries before the Final Polls were posted.

what u dont know? u were swooning over the moon over Mr An Jing...
    surely his seductive singing is forever etched in your heart!!

i can't tell you which is Mr An Jing then... since i was privvy to the Final entries before the Final Polls were posted.
    It's alright. I didn't know who he was but in the last round of categories I voted for both of his songs. I didn't even know I did until he told me I did.

I've only recently followed this competition and is too lazy to trace back to the starting point, but I would like to know if the name of the singers will be published after the competition. I'm really curious to know who sang song #2.

Quote Originally Posted by lailac View Post
    I'm really curious to know who sang song #2.
    lol you're not alone Lailac. a lot of people wants to know the identity of #2

lol you're not alone Lailac. a lot of people wants to know the identity of #2
    Well, we know he's vietnamese. We know #1 is Cantonese. We know #3 is -----. Hehe. So, look at the original list of participants and you can get a pretty good guess who's who.

I love #3's singing. Very good inflexion in the voice.

Actually, #1 is the only song I know cuz I listen mostly to Canto songs. I've done this song in karaoke outings too. I like the performance. Good ups and downs with the song, as should be. The tone of the voice is not in the professional sounding range as the other two.
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 05-08-07 at 10:51 PM.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Well, we know he's vietnamese. We know #1 is Cantonese. We know #3 is Sugar. Hehe. So, look at the original list of participants and you can get a pretty good guess who's who.

I love singing. Very good inflexion in the voice.

Actually, #1 is the only song I know cuz I listen mostly to Canto songs. I've done this song in karaoke outings too. I like the performance. Good ups and downs with the song, as should be. The tone of the voice is not in the professional sounding range as the other two.

GE GE!!!!!!!! It's ambiguous!!! AMBIGUOUS!!

loved number 1's actually.
    Last edited by Sugar; 05-08-07 at 11:09 PM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Wow! I had to listen to all of them many times over. My 2 cents:

#1 - Great dynamics, followed the bgm nicely. Sings well in the high register too. Nice range and clear voice. Could have held the final note longer. Well done.

#2 - Nice strong voice. Excellent pitch, sounds effortless and natural. Vocals could have been brought up a notch, bgm almost drowns you out in spots, otherwise a very nice job on the recording.

#3 - Beautiful voice for a beautiful song. Slight vibrato is very pleasing. Excellent pitch and voice control. Very soothing. My favourite!

Three very good singers, all worthy of being in the finals. I very much enjoyed listening to all of you. Take a bow, you deserve it!
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant