Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review : The Devil King

Uhm Tae Woong singing "Don't Love Me" from the Devil OST LIVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjz7BtTjCs

He seems a bit shy singing, nonetheless adoreable! His singing is not bad.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

With the knowledge that this is directed by the same director of Resurrection (was it written by the same scriptwriter too?), I do see some familiar themes and parallelism in the characters in both this drama and Resurrection.

I didn't like the main actress of Resurrection, but I do like Shin Min Ah better.

Joo Ji Hoon's facial expressions are so "deadpan" sometimes, its only when he cries and sometimes smirk--he shows some facial expression. But seriously, half of the time he looks incredibly tired and worned out.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I hate that stuttering retarded guy! He's a complete coward and can't live beyond the past! I have no pity for this guy Yeong Chul~! I hate it when he smiles, he's so evil. At least Tae Seong and Oh Soo has some guilty conscious. This guy just took revenge partly because of his own pride and Tae Hyeon. The dude is a coward, it was his knife that was used to stab Tae Hyeon!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    so u highly recommend this show?
    I would recommend this drama.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Vengeance truly does change people into someone they don't want to be. Normally, I would not like such sad and tragic endings but, the way it ended was perfect. The way the story ended, there just wasn't going to be any other way to end it. I enjoyed watching this human drama, angst, betrayal and the characters.

My only gripe with this drama is Kang Oh Soo's friends didn't seem to be real friends, except for Suk Jin, the other two were sorta bad friends, they only had some bonding moments before each of them died.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    With the knowledge that this is directed by the same director of Resurrection (was it written by the same scriptwriter too?), I do see some familiar themes and parallelism in the characters in both this drama and Resurrection.

I didn't like the main actress of Resurrection, but I do like Shin Min Ah better.

Joo Ji Hoon's facial expressions are so "deadpan" sometimes, its only when he cries and sometimes smirk--he shows some facial expression. But seriously, half of the time he looks incredibly tired and worned out.
    Wow, you took the words out of my mouth. That's exactly what I thought about Joo Ji Hoon, too. He's so robotic at the beginning of the drama, though he improves as the story progressed. I totally agree that his creepy smirk and bitter cry are the only two expressions he can convey the best.

Here's the end party clip of Devil King(Mawang)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEHX0ZXKoU

I changed my mind and decided to watch this drama after all. Great plot and acting almost all around. I really loved Shin Min Ah and Uhm Tae Woong's performances. For some reason Joo Ji Hoon just rubs me the wrong way, though. There's something I don't like about his eyes, plus he's quite wooden and robotic in his acting. His role should have been played by So Jisub (yes, I know, who wasn't available at the time).

I disagree with JonDoe that there's "no romance." There's definitely some, although relatively subtle and not over the top. Hae In definitely felt more than just pity and sadness for Seung Ha. On the other hand, Oh Soo's crush on Hae In seemed to be more one-sided.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-23-08 at 02:35 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I changed my mind and decided to watch this drama after all. Great plot and acting almost all around. I really loved Shin Min Ah and Uhm Tae Woong's performances. For some reason Joo Ji Hoon just rubs me the wrong way, though. There's something I don't like about his eyes, plus he's quite wooden and robotic in his acting. His role should have been played by So Jisub (yes, I know, who wasn't available at the time).

I disagree with JonDoe that there's "no romance." There's definitely some, although relatively subtle and not over the top. Hae In definitely felt more than just pity and sadness for Seung Ha. On the other hand, Oh Soo's crush on Hae In seemed to be more one-sided.
    I'm glad you liked it. I agree, Seung Ha could've been played by a more expressive and experienced actor.

Yep, I saw the romance between them too. I really liked this drama, I hope the director and crew makes another drama like this and Resurrection. Both dramas been really enjoyable to watch because they were clever and different in comparison to the other k-dramas out there.

Devil King is remade in Japan. Japanese version of Devil King is set to air in the fall.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.kbs.co.kr/ICSFiles/artimage/2005/06/22/c_ent_nws/0622_um_l.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-160.friendster.com/e1/photos/06/14/61834160/1_956244329l.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1056/joojihoon31ck.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/288/ohno4cxju0.png')

Yup, Joo Ji Hoon's acting was like Prince Shin in Goong. So emotionless = Boring. He tried to be mysterious, but it did not come as mysterious. It came as robotic. I was turned off by him. No improvement on his acting, but he looks good.