Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Da Han Tian Zi - II

Default Da Han Tian Zi - II

Hi, I remembered there was a thread on this series but could not find it.

I just finished Da Han Tian Zi 1, I liked the series but hate really hate the ending. Nobody got a good ending (well not really), I know that's in history but still don't like it.

Never mind that, my actual question is: Is this series good? Is it worth watching? More people die? More sad ending?

This thread is mainly about DHTZ I, but it has some info on II as well: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=6087.

I'm going to be watching II over spring break.
    Perhaps you didn't like the ending to I because it really wasn't "the end". Even though quite a few main characters died, the story is continued in this second part as well as in a third installment. Most of the actors and names are changed for some reason. I don't like Wang Gang as much as Chen Dao Ming, but I hear that he does a nice job portraying the same type of role in this second part.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,
    Thanks! I just rented it, can't wait to watch it.

I finally finished watching DHTZ II last night. I didn't like it as much as the first part, but I still enjoyed it. The name changes probably bugged me the most out of everything. The last couple of episodes felt rushed and just so much stuff happened.

***Semi-spoilers***

I have to say that I really don't like Liu Che much. The way he treated Wei Qing and Zhufu Yan galled me at times (ok, a lot ). Perhaps Dongfang Suo was just a bit above Zhufu Yan in that he "escaped" while he still could. People around the emperor seem like they have to be walking on nails all the time. It's always "What have you done for me lately?" I mean, how many times does someone have to prove themselves to Wudi? He would rather listen to his Imperial uncle's rumors and demote Wei Qing, but how quickly he seemed to have forgotten that in the first installment, it was another one of his own uncles who tried to take the throne from him.
    On the plus side, I did like how Wudi handled the whole Ji An Shi situation (even if the empress was the one who actually initiated the idea in the first place; aye, what would Liu Che do without the Wei family? ).

Huo Qubing didn't die in this series the way he did in history. It's still sad that Qiu Chan is left a widow with two children, though.

I wonder when part III will be out? Does anyone have info about the supporting cast?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Anyone have summaries for Da Han Tian Zi II???

This site have the summary for each episodes ..... eh, it's in Simplified Chinese. Does that help?

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/dhtze/index.html

ummmm, anything is english?

Ok, I'm confused. Is Wei Zi Fu = Zhu Fu Yan? I just finished watching ep. 6 and I must say I don't like Liu Che much either. I can't believe how mean he is to Wei Zi Fu. Can someone give me some spoilers????

What happens to Wei Zi Fu and Wei Qing? I heard that Wei Qing gets demoted but does Liu Che change his mind later?
    Also, what the hell was that about Liu Che saying that he likes Qiu Chan like where did that come from????? I was like, gawking when I saw that scene. I'm so confused who the female lead is, like who does Liu Che end up liking the most at the end? I see he's really mean to Wei Zi Fu, but ok to that new concubine who looks like Jiao Jiao. In the trailers, it looks like he marries some Xiong Nu/Mongolian girl (who looks horrible btw).

Overall, I must say DHTZI is much much better from what I'm seeing so far. First of all, everyone looked much nicer in DHTZI. Everyone is so ugly in DHTZII. First of all, all the generals look identical, I'm still getting their faces confused. The guy who replaces Dong Fong Suo (not really, but another genius-type guy), is funny, but so unscholarly and unintelligent in appearance and he's just weird! The girls, sorry to say are all not pretty. I liked the old Qiu Chan way better and Li Ling is horrible in this part. Ning Jing is ok but she seems really weak so far, and not very queen-like. Jiao Jiao, I don't know, I never really liked her. Liu Che is really annoying but I like his increased range of emotions in this one. Wei Qing looks way too old. I mean, he's supposed to be about the same age as Liu Che right? This Wei Qing looks so old, you can actually see his wrinkles!

I don't know, I just feel that in general, the casts look really 'old'. It's only supposed to be a 5 year gap from DHTZI but it looks more like a 10 year leap to me. Did the producer have that much trouble in getting the cast back from DHTZI??? I mean, there's practically nobody that is the same person, really really annoying. Also, Liu Che has changed a lot in this part, I'm so surprised. And, when does he finally realize he's been listening to the wrong person?? His uncle is so obviously useless and sneaky but Liu Che seems to listen to all the crap he infuses! It's almost like he has no brain of his own. All his decisions or way of thinking is warped one way or the other. I can't believe how he threw his son on the ground when he tried to ride that concrete horse, that was mean...Like it's really weird, he's either super-nice or super-cold. Like, he'll be hugging Wei Zi Fu in one episode then yelling at her in the next, like what's with that?? This Han Wu Di sure has a hot temper!

Sigh, I'm still going to watch it because I'm so unsatisfied right now, that I have to keep watching to see if it gets better and if Liu Che becomes more likable.

Oops, stupid me, I think I just found the answer to my question. Zhu Fu Yan is not Wei Zi Fu. I got confused with the names. So, is Zhu Fu Yan a good guy or a bad guy? He seems very cowardly, does he actually end up helping the emperor like Dong Fang Suo? Also, what happens to him? I see in a thread that the emperor mistreated him and Wei Qing.

WHAT? Liu Che likes Qiu Chan? that's ridiculous.....and why did they take away the old Qiu Chan and Li Ling? I find that horrible as well....I don't think I shall be watching this @ all

Originally posted by 999roses
    WHAT? Liu Che likes Qiu Chan? that's ridiculous.....and why did they take away the old Qiu Chan and Li Ling? I find that horrible as well....I don't think I shall be watching this @ all
    Yep, Liu Che wanted to marry Qiu Chan and take her as a concubine. The Qiu Chan in this second part isn't too bad, but I still like the first one more. As for the Li Ling in part II...

Originally posted by marshmallow
    Oops, stupid me, I think I just found the answer to my question. Zhu Fu Yan is not Wei Zi Fu. I got confused with the names. So, is Zhu Fu Yan a good guy or a bad guy? He seems very cowardly, does he actually end up helping the emperor like Dong Fang Suo? Also, what happens to him? I see in a thread that the emperor mistreated him and Wei Qing.

****SPOILERS****

Zhufu Yan is a good guy who helps the emperor a lot later, as you will see. However, he is very much underappreciated and comes to a sad end.

Yes, Wei Qing does get demoted ( ) and Wei Zi Fu is sent to the cold palace at one point, but both end up on the emperor's good side at the end of this series.
    The girl who looks exactly like Jiao Jiao ends up dying in the last episode or so.
    A girl from Da Wan country becomes another one of Liu Che's fancies, but she likes Zhufu Yan. I think her name was Xue Lian or something like that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

So, is the 'semi-ending' a happy one? How/when does Liu Che realize he wronged the Wei family? Grrr, I'm so mad about the plot, very depressing.

And, why doesn't Li Ling end up with Qiu Chan? It looks like Li Ling wants to escape and doesn't he end up escaping?

Poor Zhu Fu Yan, I don't really like him but I didn't want him to have a bad ending. Sigh, it seems like everyone that's loyal to the emperor gets killed by the emperor himself.

Does anyone know, which emperors were truly good emperors in China?

Btw, does anyone have that sad song Jiao Jiao sings in the series? I really like it, if you do, can you please streamload it to my account? Thanks. id: marshmallowey

And, why doesn't Li Ling end up with Qiu Chan? It looks like Li Ling wants to escape and doesn't he end up escaping?
    If Li Ling ended up with Qiu Chan, that would've been incredibly historically inaccurate. Not that there isn't a ton of artistic license within the series, but nothing major like this. Li Ling was officially considered a traitor until his death.

So, is the 'semi-ending' a happy one? How/when does Liu Che realize he wronged the Wei family? Grrr, I'm so mad about the plot, very depressing.
    Yeah, you can tell the scripwriters just simply running out of good ideas.

Does anyone know, which emperors were truly good emperors in China?
    This question, for the most part, is unanswerable. Because "good" is really hard to define.

Liu Che's legacy in Chinese history is fairly profound. It is in his reign that Si Ma Qian wrote the first "Book of History", which provided great insight into early Chinese cultures. He also successfully abolished the local dukedoms, which created a more stable society where power is centralized. It was also Liu Che who stabalized China's borders, as well as creating much trade with other nations. China's size expanded a great deal during the Han dynasty, a big reason why Chinese are called the "han" people. Liu Che had a lot to do with it. There are, of course, also tons of bad stuff which tend to get disregarded in the course of history. His later years weren't the best, as he was quite senile by that time.

I've watched up to ep. 18 and I must say, although Zhu Fu Yan is witty and smart, his personality is so annoying. He's always rambling on and on, and although most of the time he's right, he's way too arrogant. I think if I was the emperor, I would be angry at him too because he doesn't know how to 'stop'. Dong Fang Suo was way better in terms of being the 'hidden' left-hand man for the emperor. I enjoyed Dong Fang's dialogue a lot because it was really wise and mysterious but I often find myself dozing off when Zhu Fu Yan talks.

Let me guess, does he do something later that infuriates the emperor later so he gets put to death?

Also, why does Wei Zi Fu get put into the 'cold' palace later? I find she doesn't show up much in the series. I thought her role is bigger but there's only a glimpse of her once in a while which is kinda disappointing. It seems like that girl that looks like Jiao Jiao is more liked by the emperor.

Let me guess, does he do something later that infuriates the emperor later so he gets put to death?
    While that scenario does indeed pop up in the serial, that's not how he died in the end.

Also, why does Wei Zi Fu get put into the 'cold' palace later? I find she doesn't show up much in the series. I thought her role is bigger but there's only a glimpse of her once in a while which is kinda disappointing. It seems like that girl that looks like Jiao Jiao is more liked by the emperor.
    That happened when the Wei family started losing favor with the emperor and the gap between Wei Zifu and Liu Che grew wider and wider. I don't recall exactly what caused her to be sent to the Cold Palace, but I think it had to do with the emperor wrongly suspecting her and Wei Qing of trying to do him in.

The girl who looks like Jiao Jiao was brought into the palace in the first place because she looked so much like the former empress. I thought she was okay at the beginning, but then she started to act more and more like the real Jiao Jiao, acting jealous and whiny all the time. That's when the emperor started to dislike her and it didn't help that her brother was a completely useless loser.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-07-04 at 11:43 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Although I still haven't had the chance to watch the second part of the serie yet, but I am very intrigued on what's going on in part two.

I just can't help but read all the spoilers that other posters have posted.

But I have a question, is the relationship between Wei Zi Fu and the Emperor going to continue to grow cold after she is sent to the "cold" palace? I really like her character, so I hope it is not so . What's more, I thought their relationship was really geniune...unless Liu Che is someone who gets tired of someone easily and move on to new interests.

Anyway, I know I am spoiling it for myself, but, what can I say? I am just too anxious...

Basically when an empress is sent to the cold palace, she's totally lost favor with the emperor and is not going to be his "choice for the night" very often anymore, if at all. Luckily, Liu Che does realize his mistake in the end and things work out for the two of them.
    The thing about Wei Zifu is that her personality is the total opposite of Jiao Jiao's (and her look-alike's) in that she is so complacent all the time, making the emperor think that she doesn't love him or care enough about him to at least be a little bit jealous once in awhile. Wei Zifu is also always constantly putting in a good word for everyone else (no matter who it is) and doesn't stand up for herself enough.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

May I ask how Zhu Fu Yan and Jiao-Jiao's look-alike died??

****SPOILERS****

Zhufu Yan commit suicide and Jiao Jiao's look alike died after falling ill after she lost the baby she was carrying.

Now keep watching the show to learn all the details.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-08-04 at 04:35 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")