Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Things you can do with one finger.

  1. #21
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Take a good look at all the threads in the first 2 pages and honestly tell me how many are truly debates threads.
    If you want to delete this thread, go ahead, be my guest.

    I know we do not see eye to eye on many things. Honestly I do not have time for you, other moderators, yes.

    Delete, go ahead, ban me, go ahead.

    Do you see me shaking?

    Well, now that we've established mutual feelings. I don't know why I keep expecting some debatable topic from you, since you never do post one that is mildly debatable. Doesn't school teach the difference between argumentative topics and non-argumentative topics? If yes, I sure hope you learn to utilize the skills your school teaches you.

    Note: My comments here not made as mod , I'm just a member in the OD forum.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-15-07 at 11:17 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  2. #22
    Registered User yearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Well, now that we've established mutual feelings. I don't know why I keep expected some debatable topic from you, since you never do post one that is mildly debatable. The first 2 pages as you said made of most of your posts, is it not? Doesn't school teach the difference between argumentative topics and non-argumentative topics? If yes, I sure hope you learn to utilize the skills your school teaches you.
    High school English in TDSB is horrible. That could be why. My English teachers taught such useless ** that I couldn't even use in university.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    kill a bug/insect! ahhhas! >
    lol u kill bugs with 2 fingers, not 1

    there im debating, therefore this is a debate topic... but honestly i have to agree w/ thor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Take a good look at all the threads in the first 2 pages and honestly tell me how many are truly debates threads.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I think I use only my thumb when writing sms on my cell phone. is that count as a finger?

  5. #25
    Senior Member Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Well, now that we've established mutual feelings. I don't know why I keep expected some debatable topic from you, since you never do post one that is mildly debatable. The first 2 pages as you said made of most of your posts, is it not? Doesn't school teach the difference between argumentative topics and non-argumentative topics? If yes, I sure hope you learn to utilize the skills your school teaches you.

    Note: My comments here not made as mod , I'm just a member in the OD forum.
    You do not make sense.
    The first 2 pages have somewhat 50 threads, 4 or 5, I started. How is it that they are mainly my threads.

    Did you look at the 50 threads and tell me how many are truly debatable.

  6. #26
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    You do not make sense.
    The first 2 pages have somewhat 50 threads, 4 or 5, I started. How is it that they are mainly my threads.

    Did you look at the 50 threads and tell me how many are truly debatable.

    That is why I used the edit option. So refer to my updated post.

    Granted, not all the posts are yours but you are the pioneer of most OD threads, for a long time now before others have joined in and posted such threads. Being a pioneer of OD threads, you set the tone and although you're not completely responsible for the other threads, but when one posts non-debatable threads, other will follow. Somewhere along the line, people forgot what it is to have a debatable topic. I don't really have any thing (at least not so extreme) against you, I just wished this OD forum contained actual Debate topics that are worth debating.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #27
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Somewhere along the line, people forgot what it is to have a debatable topic. I don't really have any thing (at least not so extreme) against you, I just wished this OD forum contained actual Debate topics that are worth debating.
    debating is a matter of opinion, and when all opinions are in agreement, one needs to ask if the topic is debatable.

    when a topic has every sheep going ba ba ba with the original poster, then should the topic be closed?
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  8. #28
    Senior Member lailac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    debating is a matter of opinion, and when all opinions are in agreement, one needs to ask if the topic is debatable.

    when a topic has every sheep going ba ba ba with the original poster, then should the topic be closed?
    I beg to differ, but great minds do not think alike!

  9. #29
    Senior Member Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Granted, not all the posts are yours but you are the pioneer of most OD threads, for a long time now before others have joined in and posted such threads. Being a pioneer of OD threads, you set the tone and although you're not completely responsible for the other threads, but when one posts non-debatable threads, other will follow. Somewhere along the line, people forgot what it is to have a debatable topic. I don't really have any thing (at least not so extreme) against you, I just wished this OD forum contained actual Debate topics that are worth debating.
    Sometimes there is a fine line between debates and not.
    Depending on the responses, and the direction the thread takes, a marginally debatable topic can become a hot debate topic. On the other hand, a debate topic can die a natural death with no response.

    You are not going to pin the problem on me.

  10. #30
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lailac View Post
    I beg to differ, but great minds do not think alike!
    of course - thats why i find myself arguing with everyone becos i prefer to think outside the square
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    of course - thats why i find myself arguing with everyone becos i prefer to think outside the square
    no no u have to think outside the cube thats why charmaine sheh > lyf

    back on topic:
    6) wipe dust
    7) tickle people
    8) spin a basketball
    9) push little kids around :
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  12. #32
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    no no u have to think outside the cube thats why charmaine sheh > lyf
    ok thinking outside the cube...

    - u can bring someone back from the dead with one finger (as demonstrated by E.T.)
    - u can catch The One Ring with one finger (as demonstrated by Frodo Baggins)
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  13. #33
    Senior Member lailac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    of course - thats why i find myself arguing with everyone becos i prefer to think outside the square
    lol! You're too modest dear. But I wouldn't go as far as affirming that your one line has any impact on any debate topic.
    Last edited by lailac; 05-16-07 at 12:20 AM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    how is this a Tech Squad topic???

  15. #35
    Senior Member Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    how is this a Tech Squad topic???
    This can be any topic, depends on the moderator.

    Good bye everyone. I take my leave and will no longer participate in this forum inspite of being here religiously since 2002.

    Thor

  16. #36
    Senior Member lailac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    This can be any topic, depends on the moderator.

    Good bye everyone. I take my leave and will no longer participate in this forum inspite of being here religiously since 2002.

    Thor
    Thor, seriously, I think you should give your decision a second thought. Honestly, how the hell did this topic get blowned out of proportion so quickly? I can't speak for others, but I've enjoyed many of the topics that you've created over the years. Some were releveant, meaningful, and debatable. While others were light hearted and fun, as not every debate topics have to be serious in nature. I'm sure many of us appreciate what you've contributed to the forum. If we lose a member like you over this, then I'd say it's Spcnet's loss.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    This can be any topic, depends on the moderator.

    Good bye everyone. I take my leave and will no longer participate in this forum inspite of being here religiously since 2002.

    Thor
    thor u gotta stay man. ive been through worst w/ suet seung. just stay please

    and tech squad lol seems like all the thread that doesnt belong comes here
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cactus Land
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    Lol, don't be such a drama-queen, thor.

    I agree with thor that anything can be a debate. However, what he lacked was creativity and prudence to pose the question in a more provocative manner that would stimulate thoughtful debate yet still align with the forum's guidelines. This could simply be a failure at reading comprehension, or hasty attempt at trolling, or a lack of imagination.

    In conclusion, thor failed at the interweb.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

  19. #39
    Senior Member ice_cream's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    a little island on Earth!!
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Sorry people, but I'm going to close this. It has nothing to do with Tech....
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-24-12, 01:00 AM
  2. The Possessed (Six Finger Lyre Demon)
    By tape in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-23-11, 05:01 AM
  3. divine finger snap
    By Roodo in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-06, 04:25 AM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-18-06, 08:10 PM
  5. Can H7Q lean 1 yang finger?
    By Ken Tran in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-06, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •