Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I think so too. BTW, about how long do you think it'd take for RPG2 to finish? It seems as if IcyFox's the only one posting entries.
    And I feel that the idea of at least 300 posts before you can post your character seems good.
    ..ext88

I have a suggestion:

Instead of ranking internal, lightness etc. out of 10 (where half the players go 9/10 or above), compare it to JY characters, so eg similar to a disciple of Ancient tomb. Or all can have a limit - like allocation points to certain traits, so not all players are so fricken powerful and similar. In the story you can gain points by training or finding stuff.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

which might end up to the same.. lol.. no offense Yittz..
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    I have a suggestion:

Instead of ranking internal, lightness etc. out of 10 (where half the players go 9/10 or above), compare it to JY characters, so eg similar to a disciple of Ancient tomb. Or all can have a limit - like allocation points to certain traits, so not all players are so fricken powerful and similar. In the story you can gain points by training or finding stuff.
    I don't know the level of all JY characters.

And considering what Extremer88 has said about this thread reaching 300 before characters are even posted...maybe we could minimize the discussion OR create a discussion thread like #2. Suggestions?

Here is one idea for the next one. The story in RPG2 is quite epic, with numerous subplots. The drawback is that many times people lose steam and due to the length many players dropped off.

How about we make the story quite short but intense in the next one. I was thinking of something like this. Let's say there is a mystery in Wulin, where a whole town become suddenly empty. No one knows where the residents are or who did it. So the story revolves only in that town, and perhaps only for a week of story time (of course the playing time would be much longer). The players could be in the town by accident, or they purposely came to investigate the mystery. Of course some actually are the bad guys, etc.

Or perhaps there is a treasure map being spread out in Wulin, many copies are fake of course. The story revolves in the mountain where the treasure was supposed to be. Some came to investigate who spread the map and for what purpose, while some want to find the treasure.

Well, you guys get the idea. It won't be an epic story (RPG 2 takes more than a year to get to this point, and I don't think I can handle going through the same length of adventure any time soon.) This time the story will be short, with many mysteries and intense battles. Sort of like Gu Long's story (Eagles flying in September, or Bordertown Wanderer).

Someone, the bad guys who created the mystery I presume, has to control the story flow though.

When can I summite my char?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Light View Post
    When can I summite my char?
    Just post it. However...please read the rules before posting. I made a new rule about martial arts. Martial arts from JY and GL novels will now be excluded from character martial arts and the story. And please...no 20 year old Great UNLESS you provide a very detailed reason for such a high level of achievement at such a young age. But I don't recommend it because everyone would start doing it and we'd end up with a lot of 20 year old Greats.

EDIT: I would like to add...if your character is to have a martial brother or sister/friend/etc., maybe you could discuss with another player to have them create the martial brother/sister/friend/etc.
    Last edited by Tom; 05-20-07 at 03:26 PM.

Edited, will be on a later post.
    Last edited by Son of Light; 06-05-07 at 02:42 PM.
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Only 300 =[.. why that.. why can't we just set a date of registration AND/OR # of posts instead? So people don't make new chars and kill off characters gratuitsly.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    Only 300 =[.. why that.. why can't we just set a date of registration AND/OR # of posts instead? So people don't make new chars and kill off characters gratuitsly.
    It would be unfair to some members and 300 is somewhat difficult to get...I doubt anyone'd post 300x just to ruin the game.

Name: Lai Chung Xiang

Martial Arts: The Golden Divine Fists, Star Depression Sect arts, Depression Revolting Sword, Jolting Tiger Palms, Dipper Moon Sect arts, Divine Evisecrating Kicks, Flying Eagle Palms.

Internal Power Level: 6/10
    Technique Level: 7/10
    Lightness Kungfu Level: 10/10

Personality: Never smilies, determined, cold on the outside but caring on the inside.

Physical Appearance: Physically-built, wears a black/red mask to conceal his face (no one has eyt to see it), his strongest body attributes are his legs.

Weapon: Carries the Divine Sea Saber.

Background Story: When he was young he had everthing he wanted, friends, respect and education in literature which was his passion. His friends admired him and sometimes even envied him but Lai Chung Xiang was never conceited or greedy or even spoiled and always helped his friends out in need.His parents were the leader and co-leaders of the Dipper Moon Sect, and thus Lai Chung Xiang had a well versatile learning in both literature and Martial Arts, but Lai Chung Xiang still had more interest in literature and thus focused more on that. The Dipper Moon Sect was respected throughout the central plains at the time and they're martial arts were among the best. However one unfornutate day, when Lai Chung Xiang was just 12 his parents were ambushed by someone in the sect who joined the Red Devil Sect, sworn enemies of the Dipper Moon Sect. Lai Chung Xiang's parents had a few PERSONAL disciples among many other third generations, one was named Chueng Xiang. Chueng Xiang gave up his life to hide and protect Lai Chung Xiang from the Red Devil Sect's attackers. He hid in an underground doorway which only Lai Chung Xiang's parents and their disciples knew. In the underground doorway contained the Dipper Moon's sects martial art scrolls and the Divine Sea Saber. The Divine Sea Saber was never shown in public and was the prize possession of the Dipper Moon Sect. Even Lai Chung Xiang's parents never used it, they only learned the techniques and improvised it into Swordplay. The whole Dipper Moon Sect was eliminated and every one of their disciples were also killed. Also in the underground doorway was a hole in which Lai Chung Xiang witnessed and memorized the faces of every general and leader that took part in that massacre. So just like that, Lai Chung Xiang's family and friends were eradicated right in front of him. Lai Chung Xiang could not believe this and wanted to avenge his parents and martial disciples and thus, stayed in the underground doorway with the limited supply of flowers that grow there. Little did he know the flowers called, Red Root Tubers, contained magical properties. It allowed the person to strengthen the part of their body that they used the least/inactive. Since after Lai Chung Xiang was pushed and fell into the underground doorway he broke his legs they were contained and rarely moved, thus his legs became extremely strong and powerful after a few months down there without him knowing. While he was down there he turned his full attention from literature to martial arts in the hope to avenge the Dipper Moon Sect. He spent two years down there and learned and mastered how to wield the Divine Sea Saber and use it's techniques in the "Sword Has No Eye, Saber Has No Face" Manual. After two years pasted, he came up fromt he underground and left to the Central Plains. He built his own house and lived peacefully, but always in depression, for another 15 years. During these years he continued to cultivate his internal energy, practice and master the remaining Dipper Moon Sect's arts, including the it's two most famous arts, The Golden Divine Fists and the Flying Eagle Palm. It's been 17 years since the destruction of his parents and at 29 years old he's finally decided it's time to take his revenge. He took his Divine Sea saber and went towards the main headquarters of the Red Devil Sect. Once he arrived at the Red Devil Sect he searched and killed every person he remembered that took part in the massacre and only causing minor injuries to the disciples there. He faced enough against the Red Devil Sect and although the leader had more profound internal energy, Lai Chung Xiang techniques with the Divine Sea Saber as well as his Flying Eagle Palms more than compensated the disadvantage. He defeated and cut off every limb off the leader's body until finally, he be-headed him. This cruel act seemed to calm his feeling of vengenance for the last 17 years but still did not help him lose his feeling of depression. Thus he created the Star Depression Sect in honor of his parent's old sect. There he created a few new martial arts with what he knew, including the Divine Evisecrating Kicks which were known to rival the 18 Elephant Controlling Palms of Jiko Fong from the Chiseler Clan. His Divine Evisecrating Kicks were strong and profound due tot he fact that he strengthened them beyond imagination after surviving off the flowers and water in the underground doorway for 2 years. Lai Chung Xiang also had a variety of techniques called the "Depression Revolting Swords," which was an improvement of the Divine Sea Saber teachings and the "Jolting Tiger Palms." He began accepting disciples to accompany the sect and started with three, named Lai Suo San, Chueng Yin Xiang, and Lee Ying Su.
    Last edited by batmankiller; 05-25-07 at 06:17 PM.

It would be unfair to some members and 300 is somewhat difficult to get...I doubt anyone'd post 300x just to ruin the game.
    that's why i said members around for half a year and people or someone with 300+ posts

Can I make an omnipotent character, please please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Can I make an omnipotent character, please please!!!!
    I'll think about it. But I really don't want any godly characters except the BIG BAD guy. I was thinking about giving that role to IcyFox or some oldie who I know would stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    If the poster can post at least 300 posts, then at least we can somewhat assured ourselves that he won't go missing halfway in the game.

I'll think about it. But I really don't want any godly characters except the BIG BAD guy. I was thinking about giving that role to IcyFox or some oldie who I know would stay in the game.
    And this time we make sure that the bad guy wins.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    For my character, I am using a physcial system instead of ranking. If you notice, I am using physcial units for my char's power levels.

Btw, the structure of TianMo cult.
    Btw, the structure of TianMo cult's highest ranks, 一邪、二魔、四妖、七罪
    一邪: XieWang, Shi You
    二魔: The 2 demons, 惡魔Bad Demon and凶魔Unlucky Demon, unnamed yet. This 2 are elders who skill are even higher then that of XieWang herself, although their internal strength falls much behind her.
    三毒:The 3 Poisons, 貪Greed, 瞋Anger and 癡Wishful thinking. 3 very evil guy who are deep into these vices.
    四妖: The 4 vixens, 水妖Water Vixen, 火妖 Fire Vixen, 風妖Wind Vixen, 地妖 Earth Vixen. Each Trained in a Dark Arts based on the element they represent.
    七罪: The 7 sins, 7 very bad girls and guys. Representing Lust(F), Gluttony(M), Greed(M), Sloth(F), Wrath(M), Envy(F) and Pride(F).
    Last edited by Son of Light; 05-21-07 at 01:03 AM.

Name: Bai Tian Yun 白天云

Techniques: 6/10

Internal Energy: 6/10

Lightness Skill: 6/10

Weapons: A sword strapped to his back

Martial Arts: Carefree Skill, Carefree Swordplay, Carefree Stances, Carefree Steps

Background Information: His father was the leader of the Carefree Sect, a mysterious sect which only a few people knew of its existence. His mother was killed due to a feud between his father and another martial artist, hence causing his father to create the Carefree Sect. The Carefree Sect is made up of many martial arts expert who decided to live in seclusion. Bai Tian Yun was raised in the sect from young and he learned his father's unique martial arts. At the age of 21, he decided to roam the world and hence he sneaked out of the sect as his father prohibited him from going out. He has not yet manage to understand the true essence of his martial arts and hence even though he possess such powerful arts he is unable to utilize them at will. His internal energy is also very weak as he did not spend much time cultivating it.

Martial Arts' Information:

Carefree Skill 逍遥功
    The internal energy cultivation skill, this skill directs the user's internal energy in an unique way. However, it is very dangerous to learn if not guided by someone experienced in this skill.

Carefree Swordplay 逍遥剑法
    This swordplay focuses on the flexibility of the strokes. The strokes are able to change into another stroke or evolve into multiple variations without any difficulty.

Carefree Stances 逍遥式
    This technique is similar to the Carefree Swordplay in the sense that it also focuses on the flexibility of the strokes. This consists of mainly palm and leg techniques.

Carefree Steps 逍遥步法
    This skill requires high internal energy to utilize. It is basically a lightness skill which can improve the user's speed.

Hehehe, Bogeyman, you'd better post more or you won't get to play in your own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip View Post
    Hehehe, Bogeyman, you'd better post more or you won't get to play in your own game.
    Bogeyman seems reliable to me that he could lead us in the RPG 4 thread, just hope he won't turn into another TommyH!
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    His internal energy is also very weak as he did not spend much time cultivating it.
    Funny that 6/10 is weak, I though weak should be not more then 5.