Thread: The Breaking Point (old series) ft. Leon Lai, Deric Wan, Maggie Siu and Kathy Chow

Default The Breaking Point (old series) ft. Leon Lai, Deric Wan, Maggie Siu and Kathy Chow

Anyone seen this? Let's discuss about The Breaking Point.

Love it? Hate it? How was Deric's acting or Leon's acting?

I think Michael Tao, Bobby Au Yeung was also in this series.

Other comments?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I remember liking this show as a kid, but I rewatched it last year and didn't like it as much. I remember Leon being a total badass, but now I think he's not as convincing. Deric Wan's evilness is nothing compared to Looking Back in Anger. Here, he turns evil over a girl and it's like a lightswitch. I didn't think it was believable.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Ah, this is the series I've seen already. I thought I didn't watch this yet but watching episode one, I suddenly got hit with this deja vu feeling. Yep, I've watched this before, I just don't remember the storyline.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

TKL wrote Breaking Point review (include storyline):
    http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=403

TVB created The Challenge of Life and The Breaking Point to promote Leon. His character in these two series are rebelious young guy turn good. No wonder he stole lots of fans back then.
    But acting wise, he was several steps behind the other lead actors/actresses he worked with.

But acting wise, he was several steps behind the other lead actors/actresses he worked with.
    WORD. I liked Leon as a kid. But now looking back, he was behind in terms of acting. In Breaking Point, he clearly was as good as Deric Wan. In Challenge of Life, he was not even close to Lau Ching Wan. Leon's crying scenes are brutal.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.