Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Shooting Hero, Book 4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
    Thanks for the continual translations! wow... is there anything HR can't do? sign language too lol.
    She should know sign language . hehe
    Since HYS has many mute and deaf followers.

for the can't do thingy.

She can't predict what YG is up to.
    She can't raise her daughters properly. They both are spoiled badly. Though Guo Xiang inherits her mother's intelligent.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 06-03-07 at 09:00 AM.

Default Chapter 31 – Part 14

Moved to Chapter 31 - Lovers' Handkerchief

End of Chapter 31.
    Last edited by foxs; 06-26-07 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Moved to LoCH Unabridged

I have an question what is english translation for "xian tian gong".
    It is the martial art that Wang Cong Yang posses. Any idea ?

Look into 'need help' thread. There are several people discussing this exact same thing you are asking about. I do not have a single acceptable English equivalent, so I decided to leave it as it is, with only explanation on what it means.

O/T: Nobody answered my inquiry last week; so I am working on HSDS Chapter 23, and will start posting whatever little I have next week.

Hey foxs_, thanks for the ESH translations. I'll be looking forward to read your HSDS translations.

Mu Nianci
    Yue Lingshan
    (the floral princess maid from legendary siblings)

why do all these girls fall for the wrong guys??? its so sad!

"xian tian gong" is frequently translated as "Pre-Congenital Art" I think because it describes the cultivation of pre-congenital chi/qi. Traditional Chinese medicine splits chi/qi into 2 groupings: pre-birth (pre-congenital) and post-birth.

Default Chapter 32 – Rushing River Rugged Shore

Quote Originally Posted by spacerfiller View Post
    I'll be looking forward to read your HSDS translations.
    Don't expect too much; I am only reducing the gap, since we have chapters 22 & 24, but no 23. But thanks for your interest anyway. I appreciate it.

Now, the start of Chapter 32:
    -----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 32 – Rushing River Rugged Shore

(Translated by Foxs, Edited by Eliza Bennet)
    Caption to the picture:

The mute boatman took out an axe and with two chops he cut the mooring rope. Immediately afterwards he raised the anchor. As the boat came free, the rushing water washed it out down the river. It made a sudden turn as the hull slanted sideways and rushed away as though flying down the river.
    Moved to Chapter 32 – Rushing River Rugged Shore
    Last edited by foxs; 06-26-07 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Moved to LoCH Unabridged

Hmm...so did YK take advantage of MNC by giving her the lust powder to drink??

The opposite probably. He fooled MNC by telling her instead.

Quote Originally Posted by overjoy71 View Post
    I think from the timelines in the book, surely HR can't be more than 18.

The rest has been said already by the Wizard-Man and KChill.. :-)
    Here's an exerpt from an interview with Jin Yong"

"JY: There’s a need to correct the spelling and patch up some parts. Most of the revision are done based on suggestions from readers. From 1955 to 1972, I had written 14 novels minus other works. With more than 100 characters, it’s hard to remember each. Furthermore, most of the works were first written for serialization in the newspapers. Had to write one for tomorrow’s paper, each of about 1000 words. Some are long, wrote for 4-5 years and thus at times, I had forgotten the first portions of the novels. Main characters aren’t forgettable but not for the others. Had to remember what weapon he’s used, wore what clothes, liked to eat what food etc. Thus there may be inconsistencies.

For example in LOCH, readers pointed out the age discrepancies for Guo Jing and Huang Rong in the first and later portions of the book. Judging from the time Huang Rong was born, Huang Rong is older than Guo Jing but I wrote her to be younger than Guo Jing. Such tiny details can be discovered by readers."

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    "xian tian gong" is frequently translated as "Pre-Congenital Art" I think because it describes the cultivation of pre-congenital chi/qi. Traditional Chinese medicine splits chi/qi into 2 groupings: pre-birth (pre-congenital) and post-birth.
    See my 'I need your Help...thread.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_ View Post
    Don't expect too much; I am only reducing the gap, since we have chapters 22 & 24, but no 23. But thanks for your interest anyway. I appreciate it.
    Whatever amount of translation you can do, is a good thing for us readers and I(we) appreciate your works. Thanks.

Huang Rong started working on chpater 25 of HSDS and she hasn't posted updates since 03-23-07, 10:18 PM. If possible, can you finish up chapater 25 of HSDS? By the way chapter 23 of HSDS is complete at zhaomin.org.

Thanks for the info. I believe those ‘old timers’ of this forum will be able to explain it better; but since I found this forum back in the end of 2005, Zhaomin’s site has been on and off; sometimes it was accessible, sometimes it was not. As a matter of fact, the last time I tried to access it, it was inaccessible. I don’t know about now, but Zhaomin used to guard his/her work carefully, i.e. it was not easy to gain access to it.

At different times I contacted the last translators of HSDS (Huang Yushi for Chapter 13 and dgfds01 for Chapter 24; it was before Huang Rong started working on Chapter 25) on the continuation of this novel. As far as I understand it, we (spcnet and wuxiapedia) can take Zhaomin’s work out of the equation altogether; hence Huang Yushi and dgfds continued their works, joined by Huang Rong later on.

I don’t know whether we should just stop working on this novel and wait for Zhaomin to complete his/hers; or should we give it a serious thought to continue on our own? In the meantime, I decided to continue with Chapter 23. I haven’t read Zhaomin’s work, for fear his/her work would influence mine.

Anyway, I’d like to invite Huang Yushi, dgfds01 and Huang Rong to stop by and give us your respected opinions. Yes, I know this is Eagle Shooting Hero thread; and yes, you purists out there would most probably pounce on me. But I do NOT want to create a new thread just to discuss this. Besides, HSDS is part of the ‘Condor Trilogy’ anyway; so even though it is out of topic, it is not too far out.

Thanks Foxs_ .
    I really appreciated your hard work and uploading it every night (maybe different in your place). Thank you so so much.
    I only wish you to be female. LOL .

Quote Originally Posted by foxs_ View Post
    Yes, I know this is Eagle Shooting Hero thread; and yes, you purists out there would most probably pounce on me. But I do NOT want to create a new thread just to discuss this. Besides, HSDS is part of the ‘Condor Trilogy’ anyway; so even though it is out of topic, it is not too far out.
    I'll fend for you my friend if the purists decide to pounce you.

Default Chapter 32- Part 2

Thank you both. ROFL. What if I were a female? Would you stalk me? You fell in love with the wrong person, it should be Jin Yong you love; he is a master storyteller, I simply deliver it to the English speaking world.
    ---------------------------------------------

Moved to Chapter 32 – Rushing River Rugged Shore
    Last edited by foxs; 06-26-07 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Moved to LoCH Unabridged

Unhappy

Poor girl.

No foxs_ I didn't fall in love because of the novel. Your way of behaving is totally attracting me. In the first place I thought that you were a girl. And In addition your fox avatar is so cute. My heart is moved lol.
    But unfortunately your are a man. How sad

Oh dear.. I did know that people can fall in love with others on discussion threads.. haha..

Anyway, I really do feel for Mu Nanci.. I know, the girl got what she deserve with the choices she makes but still.. Poor girl indeed.