View Poll Results: e-book or normal books?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • E-book

3 13.04%
  • Normal book

20 86.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-book or good old fashion book?

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Default E-book or good old fashion book?

Would you rather read an e-book or a normal book?

e-books are "almost" always free & they dun take up space on your shelf. It's also saves trees as well (altho at the rate we are polluting the earth, it can't make much of a difference!)

normal books makes a much nicer read & you can bring it to bed with you. Can't think of anymore advantages at the moment though.

I would choose normal books. What about you guys?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

I totally agree with you. I find holding a textbook much better than reading off the computer screen. My eyes get sore after a while whereas a textbook is much more portable.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Quote Originally Posted by j-walker View Post
    I totally agree with you. I find holding a textbook much better than reading off the computer screen. My eyes get sore after a while whereas a textbook is much more portable.

lol very true. all this forum reading is already hurting the eyes. i normally like to print out my online notes and articles, esp since you can write on paper if needed.

WELL. let's see.

if i was doing research papers and all the other school works, i would LIKE to use books much more than the internet just because i know i can trust the books BUT finding books(nevermind the right perfect one with all the info you need) in the library are sucha hassel and inconvenient

the internet though, you don't really have to go anywhere(if u have the internet that is..pft. what is this? 1990?). and if you don't find the things you need, jsut go back and click on a diff. site with books, u can't expect to carry 5+ books home..or even if you were to work in the library, you'd still have to look for more books if the 1st one didn't help..which is time consuming maybe i'm saying all this because i've procrastinated in the past and rushed to get my papers done but neways, from personal experience, the internet for school work and the BOOK-BOOK for..er..reading for "entertainment"?

god, why did i write so much!? maybe because i'm hungry. hmm.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

old fashion books. i dont think i could handle staring at screne for 8 hours.
    well okay for dramas and youtube and spcnet but anything else would be too straining for my eyes. i hope i dont go blind on the future! O_O
    The best part of believe is the lie.

i dont think any1 would read an ebook on purpose if they have the real book on hand. ebook is convienient and i think that is why people like it. sometimes its hard to find the original book.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I'm fine with both, but a normal book is better. You can bring a normal book anywhere but you can't do so for e-books, unless you have a laptop to bring around with. But still, a normal book is much lighter and portable than an e-book.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    But still, a normal book is much lighter and portable than an e-book.
    have u heard of palm pilot? blackberry?
    a lot of smartphones can read pdf which is the most common ebook format.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

if im doing research/paper, i'd prefer e-book cuz it's easy access and free. just type in a word to search and there you have it, everything you can get from PhD thesis to High School assignment posted on the web. plus normal books are sooooo damn thick and heavy.....and ive got only two arms to carry those.....

as for novels or leisure reading, i'd prefer the normal books. theres no way id read a whole book from the net......my vision 20/20 would go down fast if that's the case, and i have no intention of wearing specs in the near future

I prefer a normal book, easier on the eyes and I like curling up somewhere comfy and read. However, reading mainly ebooks these days, simply cause I can't find the published materials anywhere, and there are alot of excellent original novels available that are not published. Sitting in front of the computer and reading from a website or word document can get truly torturous after a while. I don't own any fancy gadgets that can display ebooks unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    have u heard of palm pilot? blackberry?
    a lot of smartphones can read pdf which is the most common ebook format.
    I know those things, but I did not know they can access e-books too. I'm not a technology-smart person.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

I love holding a book - but ebooks are free (correct me if i'm wrong bout this).
    Would you pay 100 bucks for a revision book that you might not even use after graduating?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

regular book, ebay for some reason doesn't have the "right feel" don't know why.

i would rather download an e-book than buy a normal book, but read a normal book than an e-book from the computer screen.

I would definitely choose a normal book. E-books seems to take the fun out of reading.

Old fashion book is more healthy for your eyes. Furthermore, I love the smell of the paper.

The only downside is, I have to pay shipping free when I purchase book online. Ebook is cheaper this way.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

With regards to e-books, what format are we talking about?

Kindle? Sony e-reader? Ipad? Others?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

WTH, who read ebook on PC lol now that we got kindle with e-ink etc. It's very small and light and the cover is lighted with LED as reading light which you can use to read in the dark, bedroom etc haha.

With e-ink, it's very nice to the eye, looks exactly like papers. Unless you have a fetish with the smell of the paper LOL.

With Kindle and the like, nook etc, it's very portable, size a normal paperback, I mean who want to bring bulky books and look like nerd in public when you can bring the whole library, hundreds of books in your kindle. Gosh, I got about 1300 mobi books in my Kindle by 292 authors. This is the real meaning of FREEDOM.
    Last edited by rosely; 05-11-12 at 02:18 PM.

Generally normal books. Easier for eyes and you can flip here and there easily.

E-books is useful if they are free and you want to find information quickly.

Ebooks are good for travel purpose but otherwise I would love to feel the actual paper and the weight of it as I doze off to sleep reading..

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control