As some of you may know, I was deeply saddened when my first food thread was closed (thanks for the spamming guys ). I have finally regained the courage to create a second one that will hopefully remain academic in nature. (After all, as I said before, food is an element of culture and a culinary art.)
I don't know if you guys missed my food quotes, but I'll bring back the educational ones (no sex ones):
Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. - the great Enlightenment thinker Voltaire
The belly rules the mind. - Spanish Proverb
All sorrows are less with bread. - from Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes
Some thoughtful discussion questions (from my previous thread, so these probably have been answered)...
- What are your favourite foods?
- What countries have the best cuisine?
- What foods are absolutely disgusting?
- Are you good at cooking? (No) Do you follow the recipe or do you prefer adjusting your cooking to your personal preferences?
- Can you crack an egg with one hand? (I need to learn to do that sometime)
- How are people ever anorexic when food tastes so good?
- Why is food an important part of you?
Also feel free to share...
- Any recipes (please do share!! I was waiting on a certain curry recipe, I believe )
- Cooking tips (for people like Sparky who love food but suck at cooking)
- Instructions on how to crack an egg with one hand
- Pictures of any particularly delicious foods -- however, do WRITE something to supplement your pictures so they don't get counted as spam
- Any particularly good/bad restaurants
- Any nutritional info regarding food, eating schedules, etc.
- Any cultural experiences regarding food -- good and bad
- Arguments as to why food is not academic -- so Sparky can rebutt them
Enjoy your food discussion and try to avoid spamming (as much as possible)