Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Journey Called Life 《金石良缘》

hi metal! nice to hear from you again! somehow i lost the link to your site, and i've not visited spcnet for the longest time. had been taking up masterals at evenings, that's why i'd been quite busy. still continued to visit raymond's sites though

anyway, how's your fanfiction? i also failed to catch up with it...

back to journey of life. im pretty sure you love this because it's steven and linda pairing. hehe. i never expected this to be so good though. now im patiently waiting for its dvd release love this! so touching!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I finished this series last night and didn't regret watching it. Kent Cheng was amazing, and he made this series great! The guy is a great actor and some of the stuff he said was hilarious. I didn't really like the first episode, but that just goes to show how wrong first impressions can be. This is a very good series. By far and away the best series of the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie View Post
    hi metal! nice to hear from you again! somehow i lost the link to your site, and i've not visited spcnet for the longest time. had been taking up masterals at evenings, that's why i'd been quite busy. still continued to visit raymond's sites though

anyway, how's your fanfiction? i also failed to catch up with it...

back to journey of life. im pretty sure you love this because it's steven and linda pairing. hehe. i never expected this to be so good though. now im patiently waiting for its dvd release love this! so touching!
    Nice to hear from you too!

You could have just Google "MetalAZNWarrior" to get to my site. My fanfic is going well. On chapter 210's now. Hopefully one day you will be able to catch up.

Initially, I was watching only to see Linda's performance as a bad girl, but gradually I grew to love the story and the whole cast.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

I think prior to this series I always regarded Linda Chung as the weak babydoll (Heavenly In-Laws pretty much cemented that perception) where she is always super innocent and naive and cries every 15 minutes. Otherwise she is smiling - no other facial expressions.

I usually don't like Steven Ma either because he kinda acts like a snarky know-it-all.

But despite all this, I could not stop watching AJCL - it is simply one of the best stories in the last several years.

ARGH! I hate Ka Ka's step-family. They should all get humiliated and thrown into the streets to DIE DIE DIE! I hate them so much! The stepmother is already bad and corrupted, the two sons and daughter does not fall far from the tree. They're all bad except for the brother that marries Steven's little sister.

I read somewhere on this thread that Fala's character dies? Is that true? At first, I think if her character dies, it would be great. But I think her character should live to pay all the freaking stupid things she does. I hate her character for pursuing superficial and material stuff. I hope she loses everything of value to her. She's a stupid woman!

Other than that...this series has been enjoyable to watch. Four more episodes to go.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow! I think TVB must've ate the wrong medicine or something, they actually managed to have a decent ending for this series AND it's not rushed!

I just finished watching this series last night and I liked it. I like how Steven and Linda formed a friendship and gradually fell in love with each other. Though Steven was first to fall for Linda and then Linda to Steven. The entire development of their relationship was very sweet, cute and most importantly natural. Though I think marriage was pretty quickly decided, they hadn't dated for a long time (or it didn't feel like a long time). Perhaps its the time progression of the series was different not from a day-to-day as I thought so maybe it was natural that they got married when they did.

I think the series did well portraying the different good and bad lifestyles people can lead and the natural consequences of such lives. You get the morals they're "teaching", but it didn't seem like IN YOUR FACE "This is the moral of the story or you shouldn't do this and that".

And I think there were a couple first time topics that were realistic and I'd never thought TVB would portray. Overall, this series was quite interesting.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-19-09 at 09:45 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I really enjoyed this series too. One of the better series by TVB. Love to see Kent Cheng back to TVB. I hate Fala, can't stand her in any series. Something about her that I dislike her in the TV screen.

Wish the step-family especially the Mom and the oldest son got strike by lightning!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I think the plot and character development for AJCF was highly superior and natural than Moonlight Resonance. Too bad their marketing budget was not that good and they ratings was so bad. I think they should have been nominated for more awards at the TVB annual ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    I really enjoyed this series too. One of the better series by TVB. Love to see Kent Cheng back to TVB. I hate Fala, can't stand her in any series. Something about her that I dislike her in the TV screen.

Wish the step-family especially the Mom and the oldest son got strike by lightning!
    Have you already finished the series? If you have, I'm surprised you still hate the step-mom in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I think the plot and character development for AJCF was highly superior and natural than Moonlight Resonance. Too bad their marketing budget was not that good and they ratings was so bad. I think they should have been nominated for more awards at the TVB annual ceremony.
    Moonlight Resonance is the epitome of contrived pretentiousness.

Actually A Journey Called Life's ratings aren't as terrible as you make it out to sound. It was in the top 10 highest-rated series of 2008, placing at #9. Not bad for a low-budget and not promoted series. The ratings grew week after week and the series had really good word of mouth.

Just a little bit unrealistic about how the step-mom completely changed. Also did not mentioned what happened to her other 3 kids. Also with all the ladies getting pregnant at the same time, abortion, miscarriage is also almost like everything was planned.

Overall, I like this series like Kent Cheng said "Very good"!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    Just a little bit unrealistic about how the step-mom completely changed. Also did not mentioned what happened to her other 3 kids. Also with all the ladies getting pregnant at the same time, abortion, miscarriage is also almost like everything was planned.

Overall, I like this series like Kent Cheng said "Very good"!
    Actually I don't think the step-mom completely changed. We (the audience) always thought she's a bad woman who broke up Ka Ka's family, but it turns out that she did not and that she had wanted to love Ka Ka, but Ka Ka had closed her out and didn't give her that chance.

Ka Ka acted out against the step-mom because she was biased against her. Put yourself in the step-mom's shoes. If you try to love someone but that person always treats you badly/rudely, will you continue to be nice? It's understandable why the step-mom grew to "hate" Ka Ka, thinking she's bad, incorrigible, etc.

As a mom, it's understandable why she loves/spoils her own kids. She's blind to them and their bad actions consequently. Later she opens her eyes and sees that her kids are bad and that Ka Ka is a good girl. So her attitude towards Ka Ka changed.

I don't think the step-mom was ever truly a bad/evil woman and I don't think she really drastically changed in an unrealistic way either. It's just that she became a softer person once she realized her mistakes.

I think Ka Ka should not have gotten pregnant again at the end. That was really unrealistic and too much of a "miracle". Ka Ka and Vickie's lives are opposite parallels, so it makes sense why the writers chose both to be pregnant at the same time. It's a bit contrived for the sake of story-telling, but not to the point of being incredulous.

One of the few TVB series that I love~ it had everything: excellent acting, nice theme song and great plot! I LOVE KENT CHENG!!! If it weren't for him, I'd forgo this series.

Scenes btween Linda and Steve actually made me cry....it was so touching to see their lives change for the better after they knew each other. Linda acted quite well as the "bad girl". I think Steven is good at the usual good guy role, although I think he needed to gain weight in this series. His legs look like twigs - it irked me each time he went out running! But their chemistry was good!

Fala was actually pertty good at portraying the "bad" sister....her character was pitiful in some parts and in others, I just hated her.

Good series overall!

This was easily one of the best and underrated series of 2008. Linda Chung was brilliant in her role and made a very romantic couple with Steven Ma.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

This is indeed a very good series. The plot is well written and the characters well thought out.

I especially like the character Ka Ka. So real. She has flaws and the writers didn't try to sugarcoat it. She even tried to sell drugs to save her shop. She's not like those fake bad girl who has certain principle/line she won't cross. Seldom TVB writer will dare to give this flaw to their main characters.

Also like that the series touch of dyslexia and show the difficulty a person with this affliction faces.

As a mom, it's understandable why she loves/spoils her own kids. She's blind to them and their bad actions consequently. Later she opens her eyes and sees that her kids are bad and that Ka Ka is a good girl. So her attitude towards Ka Ka changed.

I don't think the step-mom was ever truly a bad/evil woman and I don't think she really drastically changed in an unrealistic way either. It's just that she became a softer person once she realized her mistakes.
    But, it's not just her treatment of Ka Ka that made her look bad. She actually agreed on her son's action of taking revenge on Fatty by ruining their work. She's not just blind to her children's fault. She encourages it. Maybe that's why her children all became so rotten. It's surprising that Hing can turn out to be understanding and kind with this kind of mother.

Lastly, this is a better anti-drug campaign then 'The Beauty Game' where the drug topic seems very forced on and doesn't fit in the storyline very well.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-05-10 at 11:41 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Default 我喜欢它

演员滑稽和可爱。;

I didn't like Kent Cheng that much - it's one of his typical roles, casting him as wise, philosophical, eccentric but with a good heart, and he carries out the roles with more than a touch of narcissism, but his humour was less irritating than I expected it to be. Steve Ma and Linda Chung were both really likeable, while you had to feel a bit sorry for Fala at the end.

The one person I really hated was Steve and Fala's sister. The way she was all over Linda's brother on the day Hana was buried and while he was drowning his sorrows was just really really cheap. She had 'tart' written all over her, and I think that even the wild Hana would have more class than that. Linda's brother didn't even fancy her at all! She then ends the day by sleeping with him and getting the man she fancied, taking advantage of him while he was grieving and drunk. Utterly despicable, even more so than Fala.