Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Journey Called Life 《金石良缘》

Default A Journey Called Life 《金石良缘》

金石良缘 (Kam Sek Leung Yuen)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/triumph2004/Random/journey.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/triumph2004/Random/journey1.jpg')
    Cast:
    Steven Ma
    Kent Cheng
    Linda Chung
    Fala Chen
    Raymond Cho
    Halina Tam
    Ma Hoi Lun
    Mary Hon
    Queenie Chu

Duration: 20 eps
    Last edited by triumph2004; 02-08-08 at 04:14 AM.

Linda Chung's New Role Tests Her Acting

In Linda Chung Ka Yan's new series Golden Destiny ("Kam Sek Leung Yuen"), she plays a very rude and vulgar Mongkok girl. Yesterday, she wore a very short skirt and revealed a fake tattoo on her waist.

Linda says that her role this time is also a breakthrough. Although she recently filmed the new series The Gem of Life in which she also acted as a spoiled and cunning woman, that role had a little bit of class in her badness. However, this role is very vulgar. She frankly says that usually she herself is very refined, so for her to act so vulgarly, she isn't used to it. She specifically went to Mongkok to understand how the girls there are.

When asked if she would get a tattoo in reality, Linda says she wouldn't because she's afraid of pain and she also knows that once you get a tattoo, it's very difficult to remove. In the series, she has to wear a bellybutton ring. In the past, Linda had wanted to wear a bellybutton ring, but ultimately gave up the thought. Her bellybutton ring is a paste-on.

Yesterday, Fala Chen Faat Lai appeared as a pregnant woman. She explains that in the series her character is a greedy and vain woman. She often relies on her looks and hopes to marry into a rich family. Finally, she loses her baby and will commit suicide. Fala thinks that this role is a great challenge for her. Recently, she asked her mommy for her opinion to understand how to act as a pregnant woman.

There are reports that TVB wants to use this series to strengthen Fala. Fala says that TVB really cares about her and gives her a lot of opportunities and that she will do her best. There are reports that her performance in Heart of Greed is too exaggerated, so her work was cut back. When asked how she'd act this time, Fala says that this role is different and she has a lot more parts [to act], so she will spend a lot of time to prepare before acting.

The cast also includes Steven Ma Chun Wai, Kent Cheng Jut Si, Elaine Yiu Chi Ling, Raymond Cho Wing Lim, etc.

Credits : TVBMusings

so is fala the main female lead or linda? finally raymond cho again, hes a great actor

hehe and halina tam
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Linda and Steven are 1st lead
    Fala is 2nd lead

wow...tvb is really promoting fala heavily...
    what role does raymond play?
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

Default Series 411 - A Journey Called Life

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.virtuesofharmony.net/blog/411_42.jpg')
    English Title: A Journey Called Life
    Chinese Title: 金石良緣 (Kam Shek Leung Yuen)
    Cast: Kent Cheng, Steven Ma, Fala Chen, Linda Chung, etc..
    Lenght: 20 Episodes

Dicuss A Journey Called Life Here!
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

The series started out kinda slow but it's very representative of reality. The characters are all well defined and well casted. The relationships grow gradually over time and it's interesting watching the development.

I'm about halfway through and liking it so far. Linda and Steven have really good chemistry. I can't wait till Linda change her gangsty hairstyle.

Fala's storyline is typical and very background-ish that it's not triggering any of my interest. The third sister, however, is very cute. Is she Queenie Chu? (Nevermind, just found out her name is Helena Wong, haha.) She looks adorable with Stephen Wong. I'm also liking Elaine's story. Her acting has improved a lot!
    Last edited by Annisa; 04-19-08 at 11:03 PM.

Default a journey called life

When Tvb announced that such a series was being made and also when filming actually started, I wasnt keen on the storyline and would not put the series down as one of my must sees series

However how wrong was i.. i am hooked on the drama. Am up to chapter 7, i feel each character in the series has a strong storyline...and has a chance to take their acting abilities to higher heights. I love to see how the story develops on linda, fala's and hana's part. Also on Kwok fung, Ma hoi lun. I feel the theme song is also a fitting tribute to the series. Somehow i feel this series will become a memorable one focusing on the ups and downs of "linda's,", Fala's life. I feel as though i will be shedding tears in this drama
    Elaine has improved , can see in The Seventh day and now this

Is there a sub theme song to AJCL???

Who is the actress who plays Linda Chung's friend?

She is so hawt!!

do you know anywhere i can watch it with eng subs ? i dun understand canotonese but want to hear their real voices .
    woohoo~

Default Problem

So I have a problem with this series Themesong.....

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fVbGOGXT9KY/

Here is the themesong to this series..

It starts out really good, but it sounds like it ended the music in a middle of a song..

Wish they would made it longer...

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    So I have a problem with this series Themesong.....

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fVbGOGXT9KY/

Here is the themesong to this series..

It starts out really good, but it sounds like it ended the music in a middle of a song..

Wish they would made it longer...
    You can find the full themesong here: http://virtuesofharmony.net/blog/?p=377

The themesong is excellent - great melody, meaningful, and soothing.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

I would recommend this series because it is not a typical tvb series because it is quite meaningful covering many real issues in society.

Quote Originally Posted by puisan24 View Post
    I would recommend this series because it is not a typical tvb series because it is quite meaningful covering many real issues in society.
    Thus the title, "A Journey Called Life"... How behooving of them to name it this.

Yes, apparently, I heard Stephen on the radio interview with Cha Siu Yan and he revealed something really, really tragic happens down the line (I won't reveal it for fear of those anti-spoiler people), so it's not the typical romantic comedy series that everyone initially thought it would be. He said he did a crying scene on the patio where he truly gave everything he had, all the emotions..everything came out including the guke from his nose (sorry to sound gross) but he said that scene was so satisfying for him as an actor up to this point, because after the take, the director came over to him and said "Thank you, thank you for doing what you just did." Everyone, including the crew team were so touched by that performance of him and I believe there was also his Mom in the scene.

I'm up to ep 14 and enjoying it so far. I didn't have high expectations to begin with, but this series turned out to be a pleasant surprise! I ended up liking this more than D.I.E.

A drama dealing w/ ordinary people, their hopes, desires, failings and relationships. The characterizations and dialogue are down to earth. TVB hasn't done anything this realistic and heartwarming in a long time.

I agree that Steven Ma and Linda Chung have a nice, easy going chemistry. Linda Chung and Fala Chen have noticeably improved. Overall, the entire cast has been credibly good.
    Last edited by Azzuri; 05-05-08 at 02:28 AM.
    TV viewing is a craft.

[quote=The Khan] Who is the actress who plays Linda Chung's friend?

Hana was played by Elaine Yiu Chi Ling. She starred opp Steven Ma in the TVB period drama Safe Guards (2006).
    TV viewing is a craft.

Default A journey called life

i have cried in this series and i love the storyline. Whenever the storyline "plays" with the mind, this is now one of my fave series of 2008 so far

can someone tell me who end up with who. thanks

lol
    spoiler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

linda - steven
    fala died so raymond single

it was just steven and linda
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter