Thread: Do real people fanfics creep you out?

Default Do real people fanfics creep you out?

I admit that I've been guilty to writing "real-people" fanfic, i.e. casting certain actors/actresses in respective roles and just using their real names instead of fictional names. I do that mostly so I won't have to describe what they look like, seeing as how horrible I am with descriptions.

But I came across this real-people fic, and I was really creeped out. This person tried to imagine a relationship (a very ...mature one) between a real-life actor and actress, and I found it very stalkerish. I suppose it is all in the nature of fiction, but it just seemed like they were so intrusive, almost as if they were writing a fanfic about their teachers' love lives or something.

Do you guys find this creepy as well, or is it all fair in the game of fanfic?

You'll have to elaborate on that stalkerish feature cuz' I don't understand how it is stalkerish if everything you write is fiction and not based on any amount of truth, except maybe a personality inspired character.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Whoa I think that goes way beyond. It's more like a obsession.

Imagine you're a actor and you're surfing the web one day and came across some guy writing a fanfic of you having sex with another actress. Scary

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You'll have to elaborate on that stalkerish feature cuz' I don't understand how it is stalkerish if everything you write is fiction and not based on any amount of truth, except maybe a personality inspired character.
    Well think about it this way. If I was to write a fanfic right now about Suet Seung getting it on with another spcnet member, would you be very pleased? I think you would be very creeped out. It's different if you got INSPIRED by the original actor and then changed the names...but to blantly use their name? Kinda creepy to me...

I don't use their real names, so that explains why I didn't understand what you said before.

I may have a cast list but that's just me playing director and it's a given that the fanfics here are PG-13 or at least nothing graphically written about mature stuff.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

well i guess it depends. i've read fanfic that are soooooo long and so in detail that sometimes i wonder if the author really knows the person/ clebrity theya re writing about. mostly, they're romance ones that sound stalkerish... but its kinda odvious that they're not.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Well think about it this way. If I was to write a fanfic right now about Suet Seung getting it on with another spcnet member, would you be very pleased? I think you would be very creeped out. It's different if you got INSPIRED by the original actor and then changed the names...but to blantly use their name? Kinda creepy to me...
    It's all in the name of fanfic. A fan writing a fiction about their idol. I see it all the time. And I don't think you're talking about any fanfics on SPCNET, right?

I admit that I've been guilty to writing "real-people" fanfic, i.e. casting certain actors/actresses in respective roles and just using their real names instead of fictional names. I do that mostly so I won't have to describe what they look like, seeing as how horrible I am with descriptions.

But I came across this real-people fic, and I was really creeped out. This person tried to imagine a relationship (a very ...mature one) between a real-life actor and actress, and I found it very stalkerish. I suppose it is all in the nature of fiction, but it just seemed like they were so intrusive, almost as if they were writing a fanfic about their teachers' love lives or something.

Do you guys find this creepy as well, or is it all fair in the game of fanfic?
    i actually find more depth into the character when ppl use real people in their fan fic cause i can actually imagine the character and how they look like. imagining "mature" relationship i find it more funny than stalkerish
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    It's all in the name of fanfic. A fan writing a fiction about their idol. I see it all the time. And I don't think you're talking about any fanfics on SPCNET, right?
    No, I saw this Degrassi fanfic, and then looked at a link of other stories and saw the author writing *ahem* 'love' and OTHER relatinoships b/w the cast and using the cast names..that kinda creeped me out. Like I said, I don't have a problem if it's a completely new environment and using your imagination, but when they're trying to predict the love lives of actors and actresses..kinda weird.

If I was to write a fanfic right now about Suet Seung getting it on with another spcnet member, would you be very pleased?
    thats a great scenario yearning!!!
    now which spcnet member should you pair Aunt Suet with???