Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to download streaming audio/video?

  1. #1
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default How to download streaming audio/video?

    Hi,

    Can anyone recommend a freeware that can download streaming realplayer audio/video?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #2
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    I thought you could go to files and save file or click right on the link and save target as or file.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  3. #3
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I thought you could go to files and save file or click right on the link and save target as or file.
    But all u save using this method is the .smi file. U need to be online to listen to these type of audio. I want to download to .ra file so I can listen offline.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #4
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    But all u save using this method is the .smi file. U need to be online to listen to these type of audio. I want to download to .ra file so I can listen offline.
    A few years ago, I saved the themevideos that SC had on the site and was able to view them offline. It doesn't work like that anymore?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  5. #5
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Ok. I check. My Real Player doesn't even have the 'Save' and 'Save As' function.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  6. #6
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ok. I check. My Real Player doesn't even have the 'Save' and 'Save As' function.
    Yeah, I checked SPCNET's Multimedia section and tried to click right and save as thing and I guess SC did something so you can't save files that way anymore. Oh, I don't know. But you're right, realplayer doesn't have save as, only add favorites. But in the past, on other websites, I was able to save realplayer files by right-clicking on the mouse and saving target as. And that was before I could find mp3 files of those files.

    Okay, I just went to the Jin Yong fansite with all those .ra/.ram files of the themesongs of the different adaptations and stuff and was able to save .ra files just by clicking right on the mouse and saving target as.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-23-07 at 04:30 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  7. #7
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, I checked SPCNET's Multimedia section and tried to click right and save as thing and I guess SC did something so you can't save files that way anymore. Oh, I don't know. But you're right, realplayer doesn't have save as, only add favorites. But in the past, on other websites, I was able to save realplayer files by right-clicking on the mouse and saving target as. And that was before I could find mp3 files of those files.

    Okay, I just went to the Jin Yong fansite with all those .ra/.ram files of the themesongs of the different adaptations and stuff and was able to save .ra files just by clicking right on the mouse and saving target as.
    That is because those site post the link to the .ra file. But the site I go, if u do that, u will only download the small .smi file. I want to d/l the .ra files it streams.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  8. #8
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    u need a stream copy program like the link below. i use this program to leech streaming files
    its a little more technical..not for the newbies

    http://all-streaming-media.com/recor...-QT-stream.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Jin Yong Audio Novels?
    By Laviathan in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-29-17, 06:02 PM
  2. HDMI audio issue
    By Dagger Lee in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-07, 07:28 AM
  3. SOD Audio adaptation parts 1 and 2
    By flyingfox2002 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-03, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •