Thread: Surgeon Bong Dal Hee [Lee Yo Won, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Min Joon]

Thumbs up Surgeon Bong Dal Hee [Lee Yo Won, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Min Joon]

I haven't seen a Korean series in a long time, but this medical drama caught my attention. Its central focus is on surgical intern Bong Dal Hee and her experiences in her new hospital. Although the series contains aspects from other medical dramas (such as rivalries between departments, personal histories and relationships between doctors, etc.), it's still refreshing and enjoyable. I think the lessons are pretty applicable and realistic.

DramaWiki
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I love this drama! I *ahem* watched abit of it on youtube before it got removed and it was great. The heroine started off as a very clumsy, very slow intern doctor who does not have much medical knowledge and make some serious mistakes. Later on, you will watch as she really struggles and grow in her medical skills. It's also very touching as you watch how the heroine deals with the various issues she faces.

Quote Originally Posted by cweyy View Post
    I love this drama! I *ahem* watched abit of it on youtube before it got removed and it was great. The heroine started off as a very clumsy, very slow intern doctor who does not have much medical knowledge and make some serious mistakes. Later on, you will watch as she really struggles and grow in her medical skills. It's also very touching as you watch how the heroine deals with the various issues she faces.
    I agree. This is a great series that isn't afraid to examine tough issues involved in medical care. It's both funny and nerve-wracking. Plus it gets better and better as the complex histories of the characters are revealed.

I like how Dal Hee stands up for her love of being a doctor. The scene when her mother threatened to not have potentially life-saving surgery if Dal Hee didn't return home with her was very emotional.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I just finished this series and really enjoyed it from beginning to end. There was a nice balance of drama and comedy. A wide range of controversial issues were covered and for the most part depicted quite realistically for an 18-episodes series. Dr. Ahn and Dr. Lee were really moody pricks at times, but stayed consistently in character. I've never thought much of Kim Min Joon's acting, though. Dr. Lee and Dal Hee somehow never struck me as a couple, so it was kinda weird when they "broke up", lol. Dr. Park really cracked me up a lot with his antics. Dr. Ahn may be an elite surgeon, but he needs to work on his ways with women. His idea of asking Dal Hee out on a first date: "The movie I want to watch came out. Make room in your schedule."

This is probably a long shot here, but does anyone know the name of the actor below? He played one of the chief residents who gave Dal Hee a hard time towards the beginning and even fell asleep during a surgery he was supposed to be in charge of.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/wizard2/program/tv/doctorbong/jihyuk.jpg')

He could seriously pass for Bao Jian Feng's Korean brother.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thumbs up

I just finished watching this. I must said that it has kept me going and wish that it did not end so soon. Like the way the relationship develops between Dr An and Dai Hee.

There are so many parts that i love in the show. For example, the part where Dr An and Dai Hee came out of the lift after she came back to work from the island and Dr Park hugs her. Dr An was so mad with Dr Park... The expression by Dr Park was so funny..

Lee Bum Soo is very good as Dr An..

I really enjoy this show too! I like its fast pace and how the personal stories about the doctors are woven into the stories of their cases. Some 'hospital' dramas fail to balance these 2 aspects.

Love the scenes with Dr Park. He is priceless!

And I agree that Lee Bum Soo is good as Dr Ahn. He makes you empathise with his character, even though he was often bad-tempered and impatient with the juniors.

I read that a lot of money was spent filming the show and that they used real equipment, etc. However, I also noticed that they had some 'strange' practices, e.g. the doctors often did injections, drew blood and performed other procedures WITHOUT using gloves, they did their surgeries without using visors or goggles (the most unbelievable was when they operated on the patient with AIDS and Dr Ahn forbade Dal Hee and the other doc from using gloves!), and why was Dr Ahn talking to Dal Hee about personal things and even asking her to go out at their patients' bedside?!

Overall, though, this is a great show.

I really love this drama. Hope more pple can join in this thread. Cant believe Dr Annh is the same actor in My Wife is a Gangster 3. He was so hilarious in that movie, but so professional and serious in this drama. Bravo! This drama is highly recommended. There is balanced mix of medical and love relationships plots in this drama. Wonder if White Tower score as well too?
    JDrama, KDrama, TWDrama: All I love.....

I really want to watch this w/english sub but can not find it any where. Can you spoil me the ending for this series? thanks ....really really want to know if it is a happy ending for dal hee and Lee bum soo. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    This is probably a long shot here, but does anyone know the name of the actor below? He played one of the chief residents who gave Dal Hee a hard time towards the beginning and even fell asleep during a surgery he was supposed to be in charge of.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/wizard2/program/tv/doctorbong/jihyuk.jpg')

He could seriously pass for Bao Jian Feng's Korean brother.
    That's Jung Wook, his character is Jang Ji Hyuk.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by NanaShigeru View Post
    I really love this drama. Hope more pple can join in this thread. Cant believe Dr Annh is the same actor in My Wife is a Gangster 3. He was so hilarious in that movie, but so professional and serious in this drama. Bravo! This drama is highly recommended. There is balanced mix of medical and love relationships plots in this drama. Wonder if White Tower score as well too?
    Don't want to sound shallow but isn't he short? I 've watched quite a few of Korean dramas, they seem to match the hero/heroine with the other actors. The guys in Dae Jang Geum and in Damo are not tall but the girls are also about their height. This actress is quite tall and ..... I was rooting for the other guy.... he was good in Damo, OK in that Prague drama.

This is one of my mother's favourite kdrama, she watched the pirated version, fell so in love with it that I went out to buy the original DVD version. I did not follow the show very closely, but from what I've seen, it's a break from the cliche kdramas that usually puts me off. I will probably watch it from beginning to end one of these days.

Usually the main actor and actress of the show are matched in height, for aesthetic purposes, but as long as the lead actress is not glaringly taller than the lead actor, I am fine with it really. Anyway, don't be bothered about the height, it's the story that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    That's Jung Wook, his character is Jang Ji Hyuk.
    Thanks, junny.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

this is great series, one of my top fav korean series

yep this is one of my top favorites too!

thought lee bum soo looks a little like park shin yang, think its their smile/lips but of coz psy is taller and slimmer