Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 36-40

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    I think that LHC *is* seeing the moves and their flaws before they're actually unleashed. Against every single opponent so far, he's been able to forestall and stifle their attacks. The only exceptions are the KHBD/PXJF fighters.
    If that were the case, then knowing your opponent's move beforehand would not give LHC any sort of advantage. However, it did. Also, in most of LHC's fights the opponent always initiates the attack but LHC would point his sword to an area where the opponent would get hit first. The only exception is during the Taiji battle, and even then he would wait for his opponent to move before countering.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    If that were the case, then knowing your opponent's move beforehand would not give LHC any sort of advantage. However, it did. Also, in most of LHC's fights the opponent always initiates the attack but LHC would point his sword to an area where the opponent would get hit first. The only exception is during the Taiji battle, and even then he would wait for his opponent to move before countering.
    The entire reason why LHC would utterly destroy his opponents is because even before their moves were unleashed, LHC had already pointed his sword to the flaw.

This is the earliest you can actually counter. Against any competent fighter, if you start a counter before the point just as the move is launched, that move would never even come out and in turn you'd be countered instead since you've revealed your move first (and its corresponding flaws). That's why DG9J is a responding MA in the line of 9 Yang.

Even so, it's an interesting combination FCY taught LHC. LHC was supposed to take initiative (9 Yin) and never let up, yet DG9J's nature is responsive while still allowing for first attack.

Even so, it's an interesting combination FCY taught LHC. LHC was supposed to take initiative (9 Yin) and never let up, yet DG9J's nature is responsive while still allowing for first attack.

Which is why its just a nice theory on a wuxia novel.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Curious. Isn't DG9J is also dependent on the user's intelligence and nature as well?

The entire reason why LHC would utterly destroy his opponents is because even before their moves were unleashed, LHC had already pointed his sword to the flaw.

This is the earliest you can actually counter. Against any competent fighter, if you start a counter before the point just as the move is launched, that move would never even come out and in turn you'd be countered instead since you've revealed your move first (and its corresponding flaws). That's why DG9J is a responding MA in the line of 9 Yang.

Yet LHC couldn't do it against DFBB... but LHC had all the reason in the world to believe FQY could. I think this was a hint from the author and in his mind at the time that FQY should indeed be close to DFBB, and not just LHC randomly thinking up crap.

I think LHC's believe that FQY can defeat DFBB is also dependent on the experience and seniority of FQY as well. If FQY can defeat RWX then.. in LHC's mind, FQY would find a way to beat DFBB too.

arrgh i wonder where's the next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    arrgh i wonder where's the next chapter
    Seek,
    and you will be rewanned,

Wait,
    and you will be rewarded.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hmm, I don't really think DFBB would have much chance against FQY. Even the master of Wudang lost to DG9.

Hmm, I don't really think DFBB would have much chance against FQY. Even the master of Wudang lost to DG9.
    Err... yes, and Linghu Chong along with Ren Woxing and Xian Wen Tian barely won against Dong Fang Bubai. And they only did win because he was protecting the other idiot.

I sincerely doubt FQY could win against DFBB. And I'm not too sure that a LC with 10 more years worth of experience with DG9 would be able to win against a DFBB either.

I would tend to believe that we never see DFBB in full power mode. He's using needles and beat the crap out of the trio of RWX, XWT and LHC. If he used a sword, god knows how long it needs before everyone fall dead.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually because DFBB used a needle instead of a sword, he had gained and advantage in the duel because LHC could not see the swordflashes from the needle clearly to counterattack and RWX could not absorb DFBB's inner power through the needle. with a sword, he might have done worse.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    actually because DFBB used a needle instead of a sword, he had gained and advantage in the duel because LHC could not see the swordflashes from the needle clearly to counterattack and RWX could not absorb DFBB's inner power through the needle. with a sword, he might have done worse.
    Um.. regardless.. of the size of the weapon, LHC also said he was fast.. meaning whether or not it was small or big. AND he said he saw the flaw.. but a new move would be executed before he could exploit it.. so a needle is not really an advantage here, considering it's more of the speed and the change of moves rather than the size of the weapon.

Secondly, even if RWX could asorb DFBB, assuming he used a sword, in order to asorb I would think RWX would have to concentrate his chi in that area, and seeing the speed of DFBB's attacks I don't think RWX has the time to do that before DFBB pokes RWX's head out, let alone his eye.

Thirdly, like many people have said.. I refuse to believe the "Evil-restraining SWORD Art/sunflower manual" has more potential in needle form than sword-form. And not to mention that if DFBB poisoned that needle they woulda all been dead. Assuming with a sword it would be as easy as it would for him to poke them, but he would certainly do less pokes with wider areas of damage.

The speed f the user is most definetly connected to the type of weapon he uses. It's a lot easier to be quick if you're using a 1g weapon, than it is using one that weighs 1kg.

The weight and length of a weapon would surely afect his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
    The speed f the user is most definetly connected to the type of weapon he uses. It's a lot easier to be quick if you're using a 1g weapon, than it is using one that weighs 1kg.

While that might be true, it's hard to say in wuxia fantasy.

i believe if DFBB used a sword, LHC might have dropped his sword when clashing swords with him, due to the fact that a needle could already numb and shake LHC arm.

and though wuxia tends to be less logical sometimes, i just have to agree with batmankiller that a sword wielding DFBB is better than a needle wielding DFBB. a sword could affect his speed, but he is fast enough to compensate that, and one would argue that a sword should skew the performance in favour of DFBB more than against him.

DFBB dosent think much of the evil resisting sword style.
    He considers it bellow his own martial arts, Im sure ive read this some were.
    The evil resisting sword is an incompleat version of the sunflower manual derived from that monk who became LPZ Great Grandad.

Think of it this way.. DFBB>Yue Buqan right?
    LHC said he thought YBQ was not a lot slower than DFBB.. and he learned the Sunflower manual for what? a couple of months? If YBQ was just a level below DFBB with a sword in speed, (in LHC's viewpoint of DFBB with a needle) I do think DFBB can be a lot faster than YBQ with a sword. And you may say oh LHC's not a good source blah blah. But I think this was JY talking to us through the eyes of LHC saying that YBQ learning the arts for a short time was already close to DFBB's SPEED, thus the power of the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    DFBB dosent think much of the evil resisting sword style.
    He considers it bellow his own martial arts, Im sure ive read this some were.
    The evil resisting sword is an incompleat version of the sunflower manual derived from that monk who became LPZ Great Grandad.
    Regardless of what he thinks, he still uses it.. speed is evidence here. And yes but my point is I think it was renamed the evil-restraining SWORD art for a reason.. maybe it was best with a sword and not a needle? =\

Naming it "evil resisting NEEDLE art" would sound a bit gay, wouldn't you say?

The name means nothing.

In actual martial arts, the length of your weapon defines how quickly you can bring it on target, but the length also determines your range of attack and field of defense.

Naming it "evil resisting NEEDLE art" would sound a bit gay, wouldn't you say?

The name means nothing.
    Cutting off your family jewels is a bit gay, too, wouldn't you say?