Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 36-40

Finally finished reading...
    many thanks to pokit and hhaung for delivering us this wonderful translation of the story

i've read the comic version of SPW before but nothing beats the original novel and its details

Thumbs up

Thank you to all the translators and editor. For the past few months this story had been my faithful companion during my lunch hours.
    No words can express my gratitude. Thank you.

Any suggestions what other wuxia novel to read next?

Quote Originally Posted by bakut View Post
    Thank you to all the translators and editor. For the past few months this story had been my faithful companion during my lunch hours.
    No words can express my gratitude. Thank you.

Any suggestions what other wuxia novel to read next?
    I suggest the LXF series if you like the LHC character, (different author but witty, funny).

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

One of the best novels ever! Thank you so much for the translation!

Default quick bump

this is just a quick, friendly reminder/bump, that the translated material is still not yet updated on the Smiling Proud Wanderer unabrigaged link,

the link to the unbrigaged post is

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17771

could HHuang please edit the post? or can someone post a new Unabrigaged thread (completed this time) if HHuang is inactive.

I would do it my self, except that i dont know how to make them : P

thanks in advanced to whom ever helps, or at least spread the message xD
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Smile Finishing the Edit

Thanks DarkshineKnight for the reminder. I made a promise to Pokit that I'll get the final edits by year's end and it is getting really close to that! And yes, I have been reminding myself too.

I will update the edits by year's end. I hope that's a good timeline for everyone.

As for why I have been missing.... I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, got Rheumatoid Arthritis just days after giving birth (with no family history), was pretty much incapable of getting out of bed for two months and am still continuing to be slightly disabled by this problem even now. My baby will be 1 year old in 2 weeks time! I'm now looking for a job -- rather updating my portfolio so that I can look for a job. Of course, taking care of a soon to be toddler isn't eating cake either but I'm really enjoying it. My baby girl is a real blessing for us. I know mothers are really biased but she has such a sweet nature that sometimes I think she's an angel descended from heaven (I exaggerate). I've attached a picture of her here. She got a bit of smudge on her nose because she fell and hit her nose bridge and it was just healing when this picture was taken.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I've been away for so long but I hope to post before long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default wow

congratulations! on the baby!!

rheumatoid arthritis? Must be so unlucky!

by saying that you cant get outa bed is it joint pains? or other pains?

im not really entirely sure about the finacial backgrounds etc, however, what ever medications are available, please treat them, as the degradition of the joints during the inflamation is severe, and the cartilages on the joints are permanently damaged.

not only is the hard tissue and joints at risk, RA also includes the auto immune attacks on connective tissues in the organs, which can often be life threatening, please becareful!

with you all the best (pst, could u post the unedited versions into the unabriged thread first? and then delete/re-edit the post later after you've edited?

btw, just like to express my thanks once again ^^

: / lol i just realized, join date, feb 2004, only 73 posts lol, averaging less than 20 posts a year o.O
    Last edited by darkshineknight; 11-05-08 at 12:12 PM.
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Hhuang,

Thanks for the photo. It was a really cute baby.

Hope that you will get well soon.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Wink

Chanced upon this forum. My sincerest appreciation to all the translators. What a wonderful novel. But there are some questions I will like to post regarding the sunflower/evil resisting sword skill.The genious jinyong has intoduced this ironical skill in the novel - One has to pay the ultimate price(loose one's manhood) in exchange for martial arts prowess! This is akin to the western equivalent of selling your soul to the devil.

But what is preventing a female in learning and mastering this art? Then u have the best of both worlds---- the great skill without the sacrifice.

What a cute baby! I hope that you will soon be restored to full health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    What a cute baby! I hope that you will soon be restored to full health.
    Unfortunately, that will never happen, as childbirth takes permanently from one's strength. Fortunately, there are remedies for this, such as snow ginseng, which can also boost internal strength by the equivalent of 3-5 years of cultivation.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Unfortunately, that will never happen, as childbirth takes permanently from one's strength. Fortunately, there are remedies for this, such as snow ginseng, which can also boost internal strength by the equivalent of 3-5 years of cultivation.
    Rheumatoid arthritis has been known to go into full remission, although partial remissions are more common. I don't wish to be offensive but I do not agree with anything you have written.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanlie Tong View Post
    Rheumatoid arthritis has been known to go into full remission, although partial remissions are more common. I don't wish to be offensive but I do not agree with anything you have written.
    You may not agree, but it's established fact

Huang Rong saw that he was in good spirits so she laughed, “OK! We’ll do
    as you say. You take this Snow Ginseng; I think it’s worth three to five
    years of training.”

Guo Jing said, “No! You’ve had three children; your internal strength is
    weakened, so you should take it.”

The husband and wife were very loving and kept pushing the Ginseng to
    each other for half a day. Guo Jing finally said, “There will be fierce
    and brutal battles in the coming days and many of our friends will be
    injured. This snow Ginseng can save many lives, so let’s keep it for then.”

And this was 16 years after Huang Rong gave birth to Guo Xiang and Guo Polu, and some thirty-something years after giving birth to Guo Fu. If Huang Rong's internal energy was still depleted after all that time, then how much more so for hhaung? I'd recommend that hhaung puts herself on a diet of snake gallbladders and snow ginseng to recover her vitality, or she won't be ready for the next Huashan tournament in a few years' time.
    Last edited by pannonian; 12-10-08 at 07:06 PM.

Congratulations hhuang! Your daughter is so cute!
    I don't really know much of anything about diseases or medicine or anything like that but I hope that you feel better soon.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Smile Thanks!

Pannonian, I love your suggestion! Thanks to everyone for wishing me good health. I am happy to report that I am improving gradually. I am sticking to a diet (no wheat, dairy, soy, or eggs which I have developed an allergy to somehow) and I am taking cod-liver oil daily (which reduces my inflammation dramatically). In addition, I have acupuncture and herbs (found a great Chinese doctor by luck). My RA factor was 500 when I started out but now it's down to 70. It's troubling of course that my joints are being destroyed or were destroyed somewhat. But because I am breast-feeding, I can't really take and don't want to take strong immunosuppressant drugs. So, it's more of a gradual improvement overtime with perhaps some joint damage rather than have a suppressed immune system with no inflammation and yet plenty of chances for other problems. Oh well.

My baby is now becoming more independent. She just turned 1 yr old and she's wanting to feed herself and go everywhere she pleases. :-) Thanks everyone again!

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Lanny Lin, Pokit and HHuang. Words cannot express my gratitude and appreciation for your hard works and your sacrifices of time and energy in translating this interesting Wuxia novel, SPW.
    I hope the success and welfare in life for you.
    Thanks again